Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shum

City Ahead Of Schedule

Leicester City today moved quickly to praise their fans upon the news that they had surpassed their early season ticket target.

The club are able to report that over 11,000 season tickets have already been sold for the upcoming season just a fortnight after their final game of the last campaign.

And now the club are turning their attentions to breaking their Championship season ticket record, which stands at just over 16,000.

A club spokesman said: "We would like to go on record to thank supporters for their commitment in helping us to exceed this figure at such an early stage.

"The demand so far has blown away all our expectations. There is a real feeling that the supporters want to be part of Rob Kelly's blueprint for the club.

"But we are well aware that there is still a lot of work to be done. We have now got a period of 11 weeks before the start of the season and our sights are firmly set on achieving our next target.

"The more season tickets we sell the more money Rob will have at his disposal for next season. It is as simple as that."

The Walkers Stadium ticket office remains open from 9am until 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am until 1pm on Saturday.

Did we sell 16,000 last season?

I know the club won't want to gamble, but a decent signing might make all the difference in getting numbers in. Instead of waiting to see how many they get before they give Rob any money, they need to take abit of a risk. Muzzy Izzet would blow the fish out of the pond in terms of selling season tickets, get him in and watch the money roll in.

If Izzet came here we'd get past the 16,000 mark and as they have said, for every 1000 more season tickets sold it raises £250k, so it would need us to sell an extra 2000 than last season to raise £500k. Offer Izzet 10k per match or perhaps not even as much as that and the clubs has exceeded it's target.

Show the intent to the fans and they'll repsond.

The Club needs to sell 16,000 tickets for each game, this is the amount of tickets the club needs to sell to break even for each game.

If we sell 14,000 ST + 2,000 away fans thats the amount we need each game minimum.

If then we have some fairweather fans anything from 1,000 to 10,000 dependant on the team we play then this is classed as extra income.

simple really.

My sums would say 19,000(Minimum) inc fairweather + 3,000 away = 22,000 which is our average for last season.

4-5,000 fairweather fans. (some tickets were given free or are part of other deals like kids under 8 free)

If we boost this to 16,000 minimum, plus keep the pricing realistic for the fairweathers then we could get 24,000 +

then if we perform on the field too then this always improves the attendance.

The biggest attendance so far was at the international friendly v Barcelona when 32,086 fans visited the Walkers Stadium

The Club needs to sell 16,000 tickets for each game, this is the amount of tickets the club needs to sell to break even for each game.

If we sell 14,000 ST + 2,000 away fans thats the amount we need each game minimum.

If then we have some fairweather fans anything from 1,000 to 10,000 dependant on the team we play then this is classed as extra income.

simple really.

My sums would say 19,000(Minimum) inc fairweather + 3,000 away = 22,000 which is our average for last season.

4-5,000 fairweather fans. (some tickets were given free or are part of other deals like kids under 8 free)

If we boost this to 16,000 minimum, plus keep the pricing realistic for the fairweathers then we could get 24,000 +

The biggest attendance so far was at the international friendly v Barcelona when 32,086 fans visited the Walkers Stadium

You increased season ticket sales would come from your fairweather fans though, people who have been to the games against the better oppostion say, then decide to go for the full season.

I think we have a core 3000-4000 that go to the majority of home games too. And only about 1000-3000 fairweather.

I would imagine what your saying would be about right, the club need to bring in more fairweather, offer them something buy 3 tickets get 4th half price or something.

Or how about A club ticket, take a local team lets take Barrow Town or Oadby Town, they offer a reduced rate for a group booking of (youngsters who would play sunday footy).

Under 9's 10's 11's 12's = 48 x 5 quid a ticket + managers and familys get a half price ticket 15 quid. 60 or so fans ...

That would not only show an interest grass roots but how many teams in Leicester are there. These offers only would be available for certain lower grade fixtures.

Another Idea is a token or stamp.. Collect 5 stamps on a card and get a free second ticket on your 6th purchase 5x 22 = 100+

You need to add value where you can!

The new chairman should grasp at any new ideas ...... He has had retail experience ! :thumbup:

I think that the machine they call the marketing department should move quickly now and Promote LCFC before and during the world cup.

WEB INFO should be every 2/3 hours not one peice per day.

They should be promoting the club shop, the restaurant, the facilities, the academy, the players facts everything when we are out of season, we want INFO!!!!!!!

I would anticipate that during the june july and august months it will slack due to most people taking holidays in the sun!

TIES with the mercury could boost S-Tickets, I have mine in hand, but the club cannot rely on the WEB!

All hands on decks...

I would have liked a Season Ticket that offers more than 5% discount, but i'm waiting to see what the Loyalie card brings........ hope its worth it.!

Not just get a Pukka pie free after spending 800 quid!

simple really.

A good start to the season with some good home wins is IMO the most vital thing for us. A lot of people stay away during a lean spell. I think we could do better attendance wise than last year, but it all really depends on what the lads do on the pitch.

Look at Reading, they always had a very empty ground, but good performances filled it on many occasions this season.

A good start is vital.

been ahead of target suggests they have sold more then they normally sell by now?

Has anyone got previous figures for 3rd week of may sales?

Obviously I agree a big signing would easily provide 1-2k extra ST sales, someone like izzet. Player signings always make fans eager.

For people who goto games but dont buy STs then obviously key to that is winning early home games and having a good start to the season, also dont charge premiership prices for championship games.

Archived