Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Table already taking shape...

People say 'only one game' but if you look at the results today pretty much most of the results have gone as you would have expected. With the top going to be so close as it was last season 3 points can make the difference between 2 - 3 places. So people saying 'give it 10 games' people at the top could be out of sight. We need to be in and amongst the top 10 ASAP we cannot just sit in mid table and assume we will put a run together and shoot up the table.

People say 'only one game' but if you look at the results today pretty much most of the results have gone as you would have expected. With the top going to be so close as it was last season 3 points can make the difference between 2 - 3 places. So people saying 'give it 10 games' people at the top could be out of sight. We need to be in and amongst the top 10 ASAP we cannot just sit in mid table and assume we will put a run together and shoot up the table.

<cough> We're not actually in mid table though are we.... :ph34r::whistle:

Burnley 1 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 +2

Luton 1 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 +2

West Brom 1 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 +2

Birmingham 1 1 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 3 +1

C Palace 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 1 3 +1

Cardiff 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 1 3 +1

Leeds 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 +1

Southend 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 +1

Plymouth 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0

Wolves 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 1 0

Preston 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0

Sheff Wed 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0

Coventry 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Derby 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Southampton 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Sunderland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Barnsley 1 0 0 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1

Colchester 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2 0 -1

Ipswich 1 0 0 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1

Norwich 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 –1

Stoke 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 -1

Hull City 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 –2

Leicester 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 -2

QPR 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 -2

Top V's Bottomish on Tuesday then :P

I know what you mean, a whole summer to sort it out and that is what we get served.

:ph34r:

I don't know what people expected to happen.

Well it seems a majority expected promotion or the play-offs at least. Actually I don't think the really believed that, but they said it anyway because they would have felt disloyal otherwise.

Some said mid table, which isn't out the realms of possibility.

The there were a few like me who predicted relegation or a low finish in the table.

The reason I predicted that is because we have no money, a crap administration, people like Alan Birchenall on the radio lying and saying everything is okay, a poor squad and a manager who is out of his depth as demonstrated by his summer acquisitions.

This is exactly what I expected, but I am suprised at the manner of the performance and the weak minded approach of management and players.

The reason I predicted that is because we have no money, a crap administration, people like Alan Birchenall on the radio lying and saying everything is okay, a poor squad and a manager who is out of his depth as demonstrated by his summer acquisitions.

How the hell can you say that on the evidence of just ONE game? :angry:

I like many season ticket holders expected the management to address the weaknesses in the squad and to try and improve things.

As far as i can see this has not been done.

If any of us performed as badly as our players have done then we would be on disciplinaries for undeperformance and would probably be receiving verbal or written warnings. unfortunately the overpaid so-called footballers who turned up for Leicester today can not suffer such treatment. and before people go saying it is only one game it isn't. the bulk of the team were present last season which was without doubt one of the worst in the history of the club.

Hmmm, look at his summer signings.

They are pony.

And with NO money to spend how do you suggest we could have made 'better' signings (bearing in mind that this impinges on the size of contracts you can offer as well)?

Don't diss his signing so much as only two of his signing started (Kenton and Johnson)

I admit, I really don't understand J-Lo not being in their today. I had great expectations of the man ~ hopefully he'll start on Tuesday and provide the width, pace and delivery we need on the flank.

And with NO money to spend how do you suggest we could have made 'better' signings (bearing in mind that this impinges on the size of contracts you can offer as well)?

That emanual was on a free from bradford and he looked quite handy today.

He was never going to drop the captain to play McAuley.

McAuley was signed as cover for when Paddy is injured or suspended.

So expect to see him within the next two weeks! :rolleyes:

Archived