Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Books

Do you read them? What's your current one? What's your favourite?

My fave has to be Down and Out in Paris and London ~ George Orwell

I love Orwell.

I'm rather partial to books on the history of physics too...Heavenly Intrigue: Johannes Kepler, Tycho Brahe, and the Murder Behind One of History's Greatest Scientific Discoveries being one of the best

...and Ubiquity by Marc Buchanan ~ the science of history

I'm reading Music and Silence by Rose Tremain at the moment along with bits of The Law of Defamation and the Internet by Matthew Collins. I always have a pile of books waiting to be read.

Couldn't possibly name my favourite book although Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut would be up there. I've only read one book by Orwell, 1984, which I liked a lot, in a scared sort of way.

100 years of solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Eeeek! I found it good to begin with but then I started getting confused with the cast of thousands spread over generations. I spent more time flicking backwards to check if the character was the one I thought he/she was that I started losing the plot entirely.

When I discovered that the book pretty much resembles modern day Colombian society things started to fall into place more.

Bloomin' tough going all the same...but not the same kind of tough going as Spycatcher ~ over-hyped boring tosh!

Eeeek! I found it good to begin with but then I started getting confused with the cast of thousands spread over generations. I spent more time flicking backwards to check if the character was the one I thought he/she was that I started losing the plot entirely.

When I discovered that the book pretty much resembles modern day Colombian society things started to fall into place more.

Bloomin' tough going all the same...but not the same kind of tough going as Spycatcher ~ over-hyped boring tosh!

"A brief history of time!"

I lasted oh ... a page! :yawn:

"A brief history of time!"

I lasted oh ... a page! :yawn:

Try 'The Demon Haunted World" by Carl Sagan instead...a great pop-sci book covering the assortment of belief systems and superstitions modrn society wraps itself with. A great book for the sceptic.

My Favourite book is Goodnight Mister Tom :cry: It was a made into a film/drama type thing, and starred John Thaw, very moving, as is the book.

I like that film it's quite upsetting though :cry:

I'm currently reading The Witches of Chiswick by Robert Rankin, I'm quite enjoying it too :D

I'd say my all time favourite is The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy though - absolutely LOVE it!

Loads of nursery rhymes including humpty dumpty, and other kiddy books............ :D

It's to put the kids to sleep, not for my entertainment.......though I must say they do make me sleepy!!! :P

try this version to get them off to sleep

or make your own pretentious versions up

Humpty Dumpty eschewed concavity

When, sitting on a wall, he succumbed to gravity.

Imperial equine and human assistance

Could not restore Humpty to his ovoid existence :unsure:

:yawn:

That would make my kids cry i think....they wouldn't understand a word!!! :D

Yeah, but it has worked on me though!!!! :yawn:

Archived