Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Books

0140441700.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg i read this recently, it took me ruddy ages to wade through it!!

also; the king arthur triology by bernard cornwell are very good books. (almost) anything my andy mcnab :ph34r: ; i've just finished aggressor, which was ok but he's getting very samey. i always look forward to adrian mole books, but i think the latst one will be the last :(

my favorite auther is:

61_1_b.JPG:cool:

• 4 months later...

i don't know if there is a reading group on foxestalk because i'm fairly new. if not has anyone read any good books lately? i can recommend 'The Poet' by Michael Connolly . i'm reading it at the minute, great read.

i don't know if there is a reading group on foxestalk because i'm fairly new. if not has anyone read any good books lately? i can recommend 'The Poet' by Michael Connolly . i'm reading it at the minute, great read.

there's a thread here that i managed to kill stone dead.

also; the king arthur triology by bernard cornwell are very good books. (almost) anything my andy mcnab :ph34r: ; i've just finished aggressor, which was ok but he's getting very samey. i always look forward to adrian mole books, but i think the latst one will be the last :(

i've read some bernard cornwell, very good.michael connolly is my favourite at the minute, i've read most of his books, i wouldn't recommend 'chasing the dime' however.

if you like a good yarn wilbur smith is great, though not very PC.

Depends entirely on my mood.

The Prophet ----Kahlil Gilbran

In God's Name - David Yallop

Almost anything by Clive Cussler, Wilbur Smith, Nelson Demille, Jeffrey Archer.

Anything to do with history: History of the Third Reich, Wild Swans - Jung Chang etc.

Presently reading about the history of Clan McDonald

I love books and my sister has probably the biggest collection of books you've ever seen in a small house.

I'm currently reading up on Greek Mythology. Started as I play for a quiz team and my interest in it was aroused. Still awful at it in quizzes as I find the names difficult to remember.

Interesting though.

My next book will be one on wildlife which I've recently suddenly become very interested in.

I'm currently reading up on Greek Mythology. Started as I play for a quiz team and my interest in it was aroused. Still awful at it in quizzes as I find the names difficult to remember.

Snap!

I've just started reading Myths Of The Greeks And Romans by Michael Grant.

I'm currently being put to sleep by 'Madame Bovary' by Gustave Flaubert, re-reading 'The Lovely Bones' by Alive Sebold, dipping into 'The Prelude' by William Wordsworth and forcing myself through 'The Law of Defamation and the Internet' by Matthew Collins. Yay. :mellow:

Right. Recently read Monstrous Regiment - Terry Pratchett that I had for my birthday in the Lake District (got his next two due at Xmas) Literary Drinkers - Pete Bunten (more of a booklet listing famous writers who liked the odd pint or 3) and at the moment reading Beer and Britannia An Inebriated History of Britain by Peter Haydon. All classics of their genre. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  1. Do you read them?
  2. What's your current one?
  3. What's your favourite?

1. I don't read books
  2. My current ones (which I've been trying to read for over a year due to the above) are
    • Margrave of the Marshes - John Peel
    • Helter Skelter - The true story of the Manson murders - Vincent Bugliosi with Curt Gentry

[*]Favourite book I've read is A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess

Archived