Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Books

A Thousand Splendid Suns almost changed my view about he war in Afghanistan.

A Killer in Me arrived today - not looking forward to it.

Reading Sophie's World at the moment.

I had 5 books for Xmas and not 1 of them were up to much. Now I'm back on James Bond with 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service'. Gloriously un PC but a cracking read.

Try a bit of Jasper Fforde of light-hearted, intelligent fun - The Eyre Affair is the start of the Thursday Next series or The Big Over Easy for the Nursery Crime series.

yeah, seen his stuff when i used to work in a book shop, looked kinda fun...

yeah, seen his stuff when i used to work in a book shop, looked kinda fun...

Entertaining, intelligent, accessible postmodernism - he would be my desert island author. Hope you enjoy.

Anything by Forsyth is a great read, well if you like that type of book anyway. The Avenger has to be my personal fav of his

you'll be delighted to know, i'm sure, i recently started dogs of war. The country, at the begining, sounds like modern day zimbabwe. Nice to see lessons being learnt

. I have only just started, the oil chap has just decided on his plan.

Entertaining, intelligent, accessible postmodernism - he would be my desert island author. Hope you enjoy.

urgh, now you say that i'm quite tempted, i just have such a massive backlog right now - i have at least my next ten books planned, and no doubt others will slip in if i happen to pick them up....

Suggestions PLEASE- I like war, and comedy (completely different I know)

they're not exactly a hard read, but ben elton's books are good, especially 'blind faith' and 'past mortem' they're crime thrillers, but are amusing and good comments on todays society. War books look at andy mcnab 'immediate action' is real life and very good, other than that his novels are great and easy to read esp 'crisis four' and 'firewall'

they're not exactly a hard read, but ben elton's books are good, especially 'blind faith' and 'past mortem' they're crime thrillers, but are amusing and good comments on todays society. War books look at andy mcnab 'immediate action' is real life and very good, other than that his novels are great and easy to read esp 'crisis four' and 'firewall'

I quite enjoyed 'Dead Famous' by Ben Elton. Can't claim to have read any of his others though.

I really like the books of Wilbur Smith (apart from his Egyptian books which are kinda meh). Lots of action and a little bit racy.

I quite enjoyed 'Dead Famous' by Ben Elton. Can't claim to have read any of his others though.

that's one i've not read, i'll have a look on amazon, to see if it's at my ceiling price of 0.01p yet! Blind faith is a bit 1984-ish but is a great read based more on how far social networking could go, and peoples' personal rights, global warming etc mcdonalds is the premier restaurant as it's been around the longest!

i believe spike milligan is your man... 2 birds 1 stone.

All Quiet on the Western Front - great read.

Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Konnegut (pure genius)

The Thirty - Nine Steps - John Buchan

All war books

Not read a book for while, but I love Sci-fi and fantasy books.

Read all the Disc World books by Terry Pratchett, not read the last one yet though

(These books are comic fantasy for those that don't know)

Try Do Androids dream of electric Sheep?- it's the book Bladerunner was based on.

Try Do Androids dream of electric Sheep?- it's the book Bladerunner was based on.

Ah yes Philip K Dick, I read The Man in the High Castle and I meant to get that electric sheep one but I forgot!

Terry Pratchett books are good as someone has said. They are normally funny and interesting stories that relate to society even though they are set in a fantasy land.. There's loads of good characters in them. I've just finished 'Nation' which is pretty good but not as funny as many of his other books.

Most of Ben Eltons books are pretty funny aswell. Chart Throb made me laugh quite a bit. It's like X-Factor land with characters who are like the real judges and loads of desperate contestants who get manipulated and used. Good pisstake.

Another funny book is Wilt by Tom Sharpe.

Recommended A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz a few posts back. Brilliant and very funny. Plus he's an Australian author.

Funnily enough I can also recommend a war book by an Australian author - The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

They're both excellent but A Fraction of the Whole in particular had my laughing out loud and ultimately below me away. Read it.

Recommended A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz a few posts back. Brilliant and very funny. Plus he's an Australian author.

Funnily enough I can also recommend a war book by an Australian author - The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

They're both excellent but A Fraction of the Whole in particular had my laughing out loud and ultimately below me away. Read it.

have the first one in my reading list, and the second i read a few pages of and it seemed really good...

Bought on the basis of your review

First impressions are good

any books about spiritual stuf, hypnosis and therapies. just dont have time to read for pleasure these days as im doing a lot of work and study. david icke writes some interesting stuf too though.

Archived