Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Oasis annouce "best of" tracklisting

What's Missing  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What's Missing?

• Cigerettes And Alcohol
    • Headshrinker
    • Let There Be Love
    • Live Forever
    • Morning Glory
    • Rocking Chair
    • Roll With It
    • She's Electric
    • Slide Away
    • Songbird
    • Stop Crying Your Heart Out

Everybody's favourite Mancunian rock legends Oasis are releasing a 'best of' collection in November called Stop The Clocks.

The track listing, which was handpicked by the band and features two new tracks, has just been announced as...

01. Some Might Say

02. Don't Look Back In Anger

03. D'You Know What I Mean?

04. All Around The World

05. Go Let It Out

06. The Hindu Times

07. Lyla

08. The Importance Of Being Idle

09. The Masterplan

10. Half The World Away

11. Acquiesce

12. Champagne Supernova

13. Rock 'N' Roll Star

14. Supersonic

15. Wonderwall

16. Whatever

17. Boy With The Blues

18. Stop The Clocks

So what's missing? Are there any glaring omissions? Don't delay - let us know which one of the following songs also deserves to be on this Oasis compilation.

Can't believe some of the classic's they've missed out mind you most of the classics come from "What's the story? Morning Glory?" or "Definetly Maybe" so suppose they don't wanna fill it with just those songs.

As for the poll its between the obvious classics for me - Cigerettes And Alcohol, Live Forever, Morning Glory, Roll With It, not sure with one to pick....

Live forever should definately be on there, I'd seen the list before but not noticed it wasn't there, very surprising. But as you say, they have to make sure it features tracks from throughout their career. ;)

Can't believe Lyla is on there though. :pinch:

Live forever should definately be on there, I'd seen the list before but not noticed it wasn't there, very surprising. But as you say, they have to make sure it features tracks from throughout their career. ;)

Can't believe Lyla is on there though. :pinch:

Thought that myself, IMO there last album was quite poor.

If they truely did a 'best of' with all the classics, it'd be about 3/4 cds long! They could never satisfy everyone, and to them the chosen tracks are obviously it, although if you've got the albums you don't need it.. Hope this don't mean theres a split on the horizon tho... :unsure:

1. If they can only fill 3/4 of a CD then they clearly don't have enough good songs
  2. Not a split on the horizon - Just xmas...£Â£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£

:ph34r:

Its because their contract with their record label has expired or is about to so the label are cashing in and releasing a Best of.

The band have stated that they'd prefer not to do this but without any choice they have accepted on the grounds that they choose the tracklisting not the label

Its because their contract with their record label has expired or is about to so the label are cashing in and releasing a Best of.

The band have stated that they'd prefer not to do this but without any choice they have accepted on the grounds that they choose the tracklisting not the label

Yeah, I bet they'd 'prefer not to do it' all the way to the bank.

so will they be giving the money to charity then as they don't want to do it? I imagine not and they will still be more than happy to accept a big fat cheque for the record sales!!

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently this is the real tracklist.

Rock 'n' Roll Star

Some Might Say

Talk Tonight

Lyla

T.I.O.B.I

Wonderwall

Slideaway

Cigs & Alcohol

The Masterplan

Live Forever