Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Did you boo?

I hate these posts slagging our fans off, because I actually think our fans are half decent and honest.

So you know where I'm coming from, I didn't boo last night, didn't cheer when Tiatto went off (thought it harsh on him), so I'm not into all that, but I have always thought of us as good fans who support the team through thck and thin.

Let's be honest, all of us ask one thing of our team and that is that they compete.

If we're playing against superior opposition, we want the lads to play with a sense of pride. Last night and on Saturday, we did not compete at all.

I first started going to football in 1990/91 season (Little's first season, so I guess I have only known decent times) but looking back to that time, a midfield of Oldfield, Coatsworth, Platneur, et al were all more effective than the so called midfield we had out last night.

Our team did not compete at all last night, and it would not have mattered whether we had 100,000 fans in the bowl cheering non-stop or 1 fan. I can understand the booing and won't criticise it.

Did you? Were you one of the tossers that gave the team the enthusiasm to try even harder on Saturday?

May I suggest that, if you did, you save your twenty quid for the Ipswich game and go off down the pub or something. Go watch the 20/20.

We don't need you.

Bollocks.

If the players can't take a ring of boo's for the shower they served up then it also shows that they aren't mentally right to be a successful footballer at this level.

Booing can't be nice for them, but what do you expect after 2 performances like that? In an ideal scenario, the crowd would constantly keep singing and the players would repay the fans with some goals but if the players are going to let the fans down then why should we bother to be taken the piss out of?

You have the right not to boo, just like other fans have the right to vent their frustration. I'll be back there on saturday to give them my support but if it gets to the stage where they are committing the same errors as before with no sign of trying to sort it out then I can't guarantee that they won't get my opinion in the form of expletives and boo's.

I mean let's be honest, if the booers didn't turn up then the crowd would be even smaller and therefore this club would die quicker on it's arse than it's currently doing.

There was a concious effort in the Kop (at least) to get the singing going in the second half, but even the best of singers can't fail to be dragged down by that shower of shite performance last night.

Soon there'll be just the Kop and the Walkers will be its own private enclave.

Leesah will be secretary to enforce the rules along the lines of:

a) No criticism of manager or team

b) Everyone's equal and no-one shall be allowed to act unequal

c) No booing

d) No non-season ticket holders

e) No home games only supporters.

Elections will be held on the first day of each season and there will be one candidate for each position who will have 10 unbroken years of following the rules without default.

Fans Motto: Through Rough And Smooth Without Question Or Complaint.

Actually, that should be on the flags!

It must be nice to feel like that, to be honest.... :thumbup:

It beats continual frustration. And I'm NOT being sarcastic!

Soon there'll be just the Kop and the Walkers will be its own private enclave.

Leesah will be secretary to enforce the rules along the lines of:

a) No criticism of manager or team

b) Everyone's equal and no-one shall be allowed to act unequal

c) No booing

d) No non-season ticket holders

e) No home games only supporters.

Elections will be held on the first day of each season and there will be one candidate for each position who will have 10 unbroken years of following the rules without default.

Fans Motto: Through Rough And Smooth Without Question Or Complaint.

Actually, that should be on the flags!

It must be nice to feel like that, to be honest.... :thumbup:

It beats continual frustration. And I'm NOT being sarcastic!

Yer reckon :rolleyes:

Bollocks.

If the players can't take a ring of boo's for the shower they served up then it also shows that they aren't mentally right to be a successful footballer at this level.

Booing can't be nice for them, but what do you expect after 2 performances like that? In an ideal scenario, the crowd would constantly keep singing and the players would repay the fans with some goals but if the players are going to let the fans down then why should we bother to be taken the piss out of?

You have the right not to boo, just like other fans have the right to vent their frustration. I'll be back there on saturday to give them my support but if it gets to the stage where they are committing the same errors as before with no sign of trying to sort it out then I can't guarantee that they won't get my opinion in the form of expletives and boo's.

I mean let's be honest, if the booers didn't turn up then the crowd would be even smaller and therefore this club would die quicker on it's arse than it's currently doing.

That's right. We're asking for some professional pride from them here.

If they can't accept a few boos for their £x000 a week then they won't be getting any sympathy from me.

Surely after two pretty abject displays and two defeats at the hands of a couple of alsorans, with zero goals scored they might be a little dissappointed in themselves too?

I'll be there on Saturday and if the team turns in another abject display then I'll join the chorus of boos at the end. Never settle for what just isn't good enough.

I didn't boo but the players need to know we aren't happy with how they are performing they need sorting out before we start playing the 'better' teams in the divison and before we get ourselves in serious trouble.

I booed.

When the team play as poorly as that and the manager makes a massive mistake in his line-up, then I think they need to know what the fans think. Unfortunatley the best way to do that is boo.

I booed because I wanted them to know just how crap that was, I got my tickets free last night but I still had to travel for an hour and a half there and back so I think I have every right to express my disgust.

I'm by no means one of those doom and gloom supporters that follow this club, however I know when what I'm watching is disgraceful.

I didn't boo at the end - because I walked out with five minutes to go. First time I've done this since Rotherham the Christmas before last when we were just as dire.

Surely no-one expected a ten-minute standing ovation and bouquets of flowers after a performance like THAT, did they? :huh:

Those that booed are part of an ever-dwindling band of paying customers. As such they have every right to make their views known.

Yesterday's performance took the p*ss. The folk who booed should be thanked if not applauded.

Once fans stop caring about this club (and ultimately we are the only ones who DO care), it will expire. Simple as.

I went to the game last night with a mate who's a Baggies fan (he had my spare season ticket). He couldn't believe that the fans were booing the team off the pitch at half time, and the again at the final whistle.

I've been going to City for 22 years now, and have never left a game early and never booed the team off the pitch - I can understand why some fans do, but it frustrates the hell out of me when after the first home game we have behaviour like that from our fans.

Nevertheless, we are all entitled to our opinions, and we are all entitled to express them.

Yes, we all want to be competing, yes we all want to be winning matches, and yes we want to be at the top of the league - but along the way we need to have some realistic expectations of who we are and what we can achieve.

Still, roll on Saturday. I'll be there and I'm sure many of you will be too - lets hope for a better game and a better atmosphere ... and hopefully no booing!!

Nope I didn't boo. Strange one that I normally would, I sort of just sighed and toddled off home.

The players deserved every single boo though. They were dreadful, and I am very suprised in you Disco Bob I thought you would understand a bit about pyschology, if they know they're shit they know they need to improve, if they think that performance is adequate then that is not a good thing. Also what do you think Rob Kelly said to them? well done lads good effort shown, shame we can't pass the ball though eh? oh well roll on Ipswitch! They had no right to boo you! No he probabley used the fact we booed them to help illustrate his point. Told them they played crap, and to fock off home and get into the training ground first thing!

If I was that poor at my job I would get alot more then boo's I tell you that much!

And 20,000 people don't pay £20 each to see you do your job once every two weeks.

Well, I'm presuming anyway.....

................... I dunno what your getting at with that :unsure: I would get sacked if i performed like that that was my point.

The fact that so many people watch them is counterd by the fact that they do what they love and they get paid a shed load for it.

................... I dunno what your getting at with that :unsure: I would get sacked if i performed like that that was my point.

The fact that so many people watch them is counterd by the fact that they do what they love and they get paid a shed load for it.

I was supporting your point! The players have a responsibility to the fans. Ah, such a bad atmosphere on here at the moment...

I was supporting your point! The players have a responsibility to the fans. Ah, such a bad atmosphere on here at the moment...

It's not really surprising though is it Fez? People are so disappointed in the shite start to the season than it spills over onto here. Ahh well, heres to the next game.................

It's not really surprising though is it Fez? People are so disappointed in the shite start to the season than it spills over onto here. Ahh well, heres to the next game.................

We crave dissappointment.

Best way to do this at Leicester is to strive for mediocrity.

Here's to the next game and the next set of excuses. (Have there even been any excuses?)

Archived