Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Did you boo?

I booed. I don't care, slag me off if you wish. I thought it was a performance worth booing.

I spent all that money on a season ticket, so i'll sing when i want and when thing's are a bit shit, i'l boo aswell.

Soon there'll be just the Kop and the Walkers will be its own private enclave.

Leesah will be secretary to enforce the rules along the lines of:

Yadda yadda yadda

In your little world you would like to think so. Where is it that I have said you cannot do this and that? Day by day, you become more and more Chandleresque.

I thought it would be patently obvious that I am, in fact, sick of reading about how some unproven kids will get us out of this mess by scoring 50 million goals. Ok, so we concede 49.9 million, but hey, the crowds are flocking in!!

It's like chinese water torture...

Strikes me, those of you with urges to express your displeasure are having a problem with reality.

You want what exactly from the players? We all know they are not good enough...so why the booing? Why the desire to see a silk purse from a sows ear? It.aint.going.to.happen.

With a limited squad of average players and no money the only thing we can hope for is effort and luck.

IMHO, we got effort last night. I say so, the BBC says so, Sporting Life says so...it goes on.

If you believe that booing works, try it on a colleague in the office for a couple of weeks - better yet, ask your manager to do it to you when you fall below par :rolleyes:

Strikes me, those of you with urges to express your displeasure are having a problem with reality.

You want what exactly from the players? We all know they are not good enough...so why the booing? Why the desire to see a silk purse from a sows ear? It.aint.going.to.happen.

With a limited squad of average players and no money the only thing we can hope for is effort and luck.

IMHO, we got effort last night. I say so, the BBC says so, Sporting Life says so...it goes on.

If you believe that booing works, try it on a colleague in the office for a couple of weeks - better yet, ask your manager to do it to you when you fall below par :rolleyes:

I don't think the effort was there from everyone, but barring that, I'm behind you all the way, DB!

the reason the team gets booed off is beacuse thousands of people are paying good money to watch there team playing is such an obviously appauling way! they have a right to express there opinions.it may be a bit premature but it was dire last night and everyone at the game must of noticed that.

They are shite but they are not as shite as last nights performance showed.

We never looked like scoring Bob, and Burnley were unlucky severel times with goalmouth scrambles and a stinging shot that hit the bar.

I don't think the effort was there from everyone, but barring that, I'm behind you all the way, DB!

Yup, I agree, but I don't want to keep writing apart from Williams and Johnson every time. I seriously think the rest of the team tried. It wasn't good, pretty or sucessful, but they did try.

There comes a point where you have to deal with defeat, and the knowledge of impending future defeats in a pragmatic and realistic manner. To make the best of a bad lot is not easy.

I have no knowledge whether other threads rumouring changes up top, or demanding them, have any factual basis or likelihood ~ and I don't believe I determine the outcome of either. I do know that a consistent & positive environment in the stadium gives rise to the opportunity to perform. A negative one doesn't. It isn't rocket science here.

I agree wholeheartedly, buying your ticket DOES give you the right to complain... but you have to question what the desired outcome is if you use it now?

I think it would be just as easy to argue that by booing, you let the players and the manager and the board know that you're not happy with the standard of performance and you expect better.

I agree it's early in the season and all but I've booed plenty of times before if I've not been happy with the performance.

Also, I hate the idea that if they're trying hard then that's all we can ask of them. We expect a certain amount of quality too surely?! Well I do anyway.

the reason the team gets booed off is beacuse thousands of people are paying good money to watch there team playing is such an obviously appauling way! they have a right to express there opinions.it may be a bit premature but it was dire last night and everyone at the game must of noticed that.

Sorry - long post coming up due to large match report quote.

Andy Gray scored on the stroke of half-time to give Burnley victory over Coca-Cola Championship rivals Leicester at the Walkers Stadium.

Gray, a £750,000 signing from Sunderland, headed home Alan Mahon's free-kick from 12 yards after Gareth Williams had fouled Jon Harley.

It was harsh on Leicester, who had started brightest and went close to opening the scoring in the third minute after former Foxes favourite Frank Sinclair was booked for fouling Williams on the edge of the area.

The Scotland international took the free-kick himself and forced Brian Jensen in the Burnley goal into athletic action, tipping the curling 25-yard shot over the crossbar.

Williams flashed another effort narrowly wide before Jensen again thwarted City, parrying Darren Kenton's close-range header following an outswinging corner from Danny Tiatto.

Burnley took their time getting into the game and did not threaten the home side until just before the half-hour when a long-range drive from Micah Hyde had Paul Henderson scrambling worriedly across his goalline, but the shot sailed over the crossbar.

At the other end Jensen had to be alert to tip Iain Hume's low shot around the post before the Clarets broke dangerously and almost took the lead against the run of play.

Midfielder Wade Elliott skipped past Patrick Kisnorbo - the Australian back in Rob Kelly's side after missing the opening day defeat at Luton through suspension - before unleashing a fierce angled drive which beat Henderson but came back off the crossbar.

Gray gave Burnley the lead soon afterwards but Leicester began the second period with a spell of sustained pressure and Hume sent a shot wide on the hour.

Kelly freshened up his midfield with the introductions of Stephen Hughes and summer signing Josh Low, while Elvis Hammond was added to the Foxes attack - Williams, Alan Maybury and Tiatto the players to make way.

But it was Burnley who almost doubled their lead in the 72nd minute when Steve Jones - who marked his Clarets debut with two goals in Saturday's 2-0 win over QPR - saw his goalbound effort deflected agonisingly wide by Richard Stearman.

Chris McCann headed over from the resulting corner when well positioned inside the six-yard box.

City substitutes Low and Hammond combined to good effect on the edge of the Burnley penalty box soon after, the latter forcing another good save from Jensen with an 18-yard drive.

Jensen was finally beaten when Burnley failed to clear the resulting corner but, like Elliott in the first half, Low saw his shot from outside the box cannon back off the crossbar.

Leicester searched in vain for the equaliser, bombarding the Burnley backline with long balls in the closing stages, but Steve Cotterill's side held on for all three points and their second win of the season.

Sporting Life

Right Ched, go look at your comments, read the report and then tell me how two are so polarised? How come your view, and the views of a load of posters here is so at odds with what some of us, and the media saw?

There is a strong disconnect going on here...

I think it would be just as easy to argue that by booing, you let the players and the manager and the board know that you're not happy with the standard of performance and you expect better.

I agree it's early in the season and all but I've booed plenty of times before if I've not been happy with the performance.

Also, I hate the idea that if they're trying hard then that's all we can ask of them. We expect a certain amount of quality too surely?! Well I do anyway.

Sure we ALL want quality, Muzzster... but is that a realistic expectation from this squad at this club with no money?

I don't think it is.

If your girlfriend gave you crap every time you left her less than totally satisfied what effect do you think that would have on your performance? You don't motivate people with chuffing great sticks (and we've stopped talking about your sex life here BTW :thumbup: )

Sure we ALL want quality, Muzzster... but is that a realistic expectation from this squad at this club with no money?

I don't think it is.

If your girlfriend gave you crap every time you left her less than totally satisfied what effect do you think that would have on your performance? You don't motivate people with chuffing great sticks (and we've stopped talking about your sex life here BTW :thumbup: )

Well i would pick my self up, brush my self down, and move onto the next girl knowing that i am better. :)

The fans have the right to Boo, they pay the money. I for one did not boo, however I'm sure the players will not want to hear the boo's again at the end of the Ipswich Game and will strive to put it right. I'm sure Kelly will now realise that Low needs to start, he was awesome when he came on.

Booing at the end is fine, the fans did get behind the team during the game and thank god they are still behind Kelly ( Shown through the Rob Kelly Song)

Kelly is an inexpericned manager and I'm sure he will learn that we need width and he started to instruct the team to play down the wing towards the end. If Low does not start on Saturday then I shall begin to get worried, and by the way, we're only 4 points off the play offs.

I don't think it is.

I'd just be happy to have a girlfriend and wouldn't particularly care what she thought of the sex :thumbup:

On a serious note, I did say "a certain amount of" quality. I don't need to see a team that can beat Hinckley 5-0, I just want to see players demonstrate why they are paid the amount they are to be professional footballers, else you might as well pick eleven blokes out of the crowd and stick them on the pitch. They'd try harder.

Is it the fact that we aren't good enough though? I mean, how good do you have to be at this level to atleast compete against teams like Luton and Burnley? What attributes as a footballer do you have to have to be classed as good at this level?

Because let's just look at the eleven that were on the pitch last night and see what their credentials are shall we?

Henderson - Mediocre goalie who is a good shot stopper but very ropey at kicking and communication.

Stearman - England Under 20 defender with a fantastic future and is viewed by many in the game as a potential premiership player if he develops his game to the best of his ability. Been linked with premiership clubs.

McCarthy - Ex Under 21 Irish captain and been in the full Irish squad twice, playing once in a testimonial at the back end of the 04/05 season. Not a bad thing to have on your CV.

Kisnorbo - Australian international who's played and scored in the Uefa Cup. Been linked with premiership clubs.

Kenton - Don't think he's got any international recognition but was rated very highly during his time at Norwich and that led to a move to the premeirship. If there was a survey on whether he's good enough for this level then the percentage of Yes's would be pretty high.

Maybury - Played numerous times for Ireland and played in the Uefa cup.

Williams - Played 5 times for Scotland, albeit whilst he was at Forest. Was classed as one of the best midfielders in the league the season before we got him.

Johnson - Ex-Welsh international and has cost clubs millions in the past. Probably past his best, but still seen as good enough for this level. Played in the premiership alot.

Tiatto - Not going to give this lad much credit but again he's an Australian international and played in the premiership.

Fryatt - England Under 19 international and classed as one of the best prospects outside of the top flight. Linked with premiership clubs.

Hume - Canadian international and linked with premiership clubs before he joined us instead.

So just on the starting XI last night you can see that we're not short of decent footballing CV's. The fact is they have either pulled the wool over people's eyes and now they are being found out or whoever it is in charge just isn't getting the best out of them.

I don't accept that this team isn't good enough to atleast be midtable in this division, i'm not saying we're anything special because we're not. But there are teams in this league with far less talent at their disposal but seem to be able to brush us aside and comprehensively beat us. It's pathetic and that's what tests my wick sunshine.

Their fitness is a joke, their commitment looks questionable and they need a damn good kick up the 'arris.

In your little world you would like to think so. Where is it that I have said you cannot do this and that? Day by day, you become more and more Chandleresque.

I thought it would be patently obvious that I am, in fact, sick of reading about how some unproven kids will get us out of this mess by scoring 50 million goals. Ok, so we concede 49.9 million, but hey, the crowds are flocking in!!

It's like chinese water torture...

That exactly sums you up. The idea that commitment to attack somehow allows people to pile through the gaps like water through a broken dam.

Simply explained: If someone has good attackers, the opposition have to cope with them and it takes personnel. Therefore there have fewer people to launch attacks and our side don't need so many defenders.

But, forget it ---I honestly don't know why I bother.

Simply explained: If someone has good attackers, the opposition have to cope with them and it takes personnel. Therefore there have fewer people to launch attacks and our side don't need so many defenders.

Agreed.. Which is exactly why RK needs to stop playing bloody Maybury and Tiatto out wide

Archived