Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
reynard

The board must go?

As far as I can see we have a group of semi-rich people who are treating the club a bit like a personal toy.

chuck in some dosh and have a bit of fun. sadly in this day and age a football club can do no more than struggle along failing to fulfil its potential if is run like this.

the succesful clubs are just about all owned by extremely rich individuals/consortiums prepared to invest serious money into the club at all levels.

as far as i can see the current crop have overseen la manga the appointment of two poor managers the fiasco over dave bassett and his role in the club relegation from the premiership and 2 of the worst seasons ever in the history of the club.

what are they doing to bring in investment to the club? i also question several of their sponsorship deals. going for local businesses is always nice but were they the best deals we could have done at the time.

it is time for them to consider their options.

dare say the foxes trust will come back with the usual platitudes but they need to realise we are a club with much more potential than is currently being fulfilled.

in a time when the interest in football in asia and the far east is massive why are we not exploiting this potential??

Let me ask you this.

If you didn't support Leicester City would you invest in the club?

We are after all millions in debt, our reputation is at an all time low and we have a squad worth peanuts.

The perfect time methinks. ;):whistle:

:thumbup: Absolutely spot on. I want to hear our club figure heads saying repeatedly to the media this club is skint,and up for sale, and i want them to repeat it regularly. In fact wouldn't it be nice to read or hear anything?

Oh and the club needs a manager not a coach, I learnt even at senior league level before retiring to watch City's rise under Little that coaches are ten a penny. The reason we are all so low at the moment (is anyone looking forwards to Saturday?) is that as a club we have never , since Pleat, really struggled at this level and it's hard to swallow and we shouldn't have to put up with it. So come on faceless people tell us we're up for sale. And if we continue to be this poor am I the only one who thinks De Lump and Cilla are starting to look like good players without kicking a ball?

:thumbup: Absolutely spot on. I want to hear our club figure heads saying repeatedly to the media this club is skint,and up for sale, and i want them to repeat it regularly. In fact wouldn't it be nice to read or hear anything?

Oh and the club needs a manager not a coach, I learnt even at senior league level before retiring to watch City's rise under Little that coaches are ten a penny. The reason we are all so low at the moment (is anyone looking forwards to Saturday?) is that as a club we have never , since Pleat, really struggled at this level and it's hard to swallow and we shouldn't have to put up with it. So come on faceless people tell us we're up for sale. And if we continue to be this poor am I the only one who thinks De Lump and Cilla are starting to look like good players without kicking a ball?

Where have you lot been for the past 3 or 4 years?

We were looking for investors and just about raised enough to stay afloat!

It's no secret that we're skint and all donations will be gratefully received but no one is interested we have too much debt :rolleyes:

All for getting rid of the board... now how many of us are multi-millionaries?

...there must be some city fans who are both passionate and loaded, mustnt there?

the owner of widdowsons lorry company is a millionarie and has his own box at the walkers, but i suppose he would't give any money, because he is tight and thats how he became a millionarie :whistle:

I swear their was this 50 most rich supporters in Nuts or Zoo and a Leicester fan was in the top 20.

They might be rich in part because they HAVEN'T put money into Leicester City.

Quite apart from the club's constitution appearing to dissuade external investment surely what the Board should be doing on a day-to-day basis is ensuring that we operate in such a way as to improve our solvency.

Developing and selling assets is one way. But over the summer we have done nothing of this kind.

We have developed players: Stearman, Kisnorbo and Fryatt have all increased in value these last months and at least two of those have been the subject of enquiries. Perhaps any prices muted were insufficient but the message from the camp seemed to indicate, "we're sticking to the players w've got".

It's all very well but it does generate cash for the club and it doesn't provide a space or two to develop the next assets.

Signing the likes of Kenton and Johnson is all very well and I've nothing against them but they take up two places that could be used to develop further assets. Especially as neither are better, or much better, than what we have.

We have to see a bigger picture.

A couple of points on this.

1) Does anyone know how much the Board would sell for?

2) Lets say I had a decent sum of money. People talk about finding investors in the Club. What would I get back from my investment, or are we simply talking about me making a donation, with no expectation of a return?

The point is a serious one - are we looking for investors - in which case what are we offering in return - or are we looking for donors, just as charities do, in which case the only 'return' I might get is a warm glowy feeling that I've paid the wages of De Vries, Douglas, Sylla et al for a few months

2) Lets say I had a decent sum of money. People talk about finding investors in the Club. What would I get back from my investment, or are we simply talking about me making a donation, with no expectation of a return?

The point is a serious one - are we looking for investors - in which case what are we offering in return - or are we looking for donors, just as charities do, in which case the only 'return' I might get is a warm glowy feeling that I've paid the wages of De Vries, Douglas, Sylla et al for a few months

Good point ... if I was Mr Widdowson, who someone has called tight which is a BIT out of order as he has probably put a lot more into the club than the poster, I would want to know what was happening... lets face it, if asked now I would say NO WAY, because it will probably be mismanaged..

One other point...

How many multi millionaires have a few million cash on the hip... perhaps its tied up in worthwhile investments... and unless you are in the realms of Abramovich... losing Millions of poundage is gonna HURT!

In a nutshell :thumbup:

What's certai is that any potential investor would certainly be given an interview by the Foxes Trust and in my short experience of dealing with that august body they'd probably be talking among themselves for the first 15 minutes rather than listening to any of your inquiries.

And, it's only an impression which I am sure they'll be quick to correct, but some of them don't seem to want change anyway.

Underneath, the feeling I get is they'd sooner the fans, significantly the "real" fans from the Kop, owned and ran the club rather as they do at Rushden and Diamonds.

And, R&D aside, why not? No-one would question their dedication and that they have the club's interests at heart. It's just when you see how long it takes to recognise a crisis that it worries me...that and the sort of football some of them seem prepared to put up with.

Question is would all that encourage our potential investor or would he simply be wasting his time at yet another meeting?

Compared with other clubs of a similar standing Leicester does seem to find it hard getting significant backers and you have to wonder why.

Perhaps the FT have a view on this, if they don't have to keep it to themselves like so many things to do with our club. Do you eally want investors and , if so what is it that discourages them?.

Good point ... if I was Mr Widdowson, who someone has called tight which is a BIT out of order as he has probably put a lot more into the club than the poster, I would want to know what was happening... lets face it, if asked now I would say NO WAY, because it will probably be mismanaged..

One other point...

How many multi millionaires have a few million cash on the hip... perhaps its tied up in worthwhile investments... and unless you are in the realms of Abramovich... losing Millions of poundage is gonna HURT!

I suppose investors would be willing to invest if they got some value for there money and I suppose it would be the boards job to make city an attractive enough option....no doubt a difficult task considering our debts and no ground but not impossible!!! :unsure:

:yawn:

Same old rant about why those who have put their money into the club should hand it over to some rich idiot willing to throw their money away. Get over it. Football is not an investment. It loses money in all but a couple of very exceptional cases.

I can't even be bothered to explain why a club in the position ours is has no chance of attracting top talent off the field or on.

:pinch: :cry:

About one pound. As you would have to pay off the Stadium debt anyway, the best solution might be to buy that debt (hopefully at a discount, there is always counterparty risk in these deals :whistle: ) and present the Board with a fait accompli. ;):thumbup:

About one pound. As you would have to pay off the Stadium debt anyway, the best solution might be to buy that debt (hopefully at a discount, there is always counterparty risk in these deals :whistle: ) and present the Board with a fait accompli. ;):thumbup:

Once in receivership, you could get the club for a quid and not have to pay all the debt off!

Archived