Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
newms

Stuart Elliot

Seems we've been linked with the Hull winger. Maybe with the money we get from Maybury. Think he scored against us last season.

Elliot

He's been there since they were in Division three and can play on the wing or up front if needed. He has finshed as their top scorer for two seasons running... and I think he was amongst the highest scorers in League One when they went up. This is all from the left wing btw.

I rate the lad very highly, I would of (in fact might of somewhere) suggested we sign him if I thought we had the money availble.

I think you could agree with me for a living your very good at it. :o

Manwell, I would but I would just get told off and accused for plagarism by the Foxestalk Police, who would take away alll funds and glory!!! :o:rolleyes:

But seriously Manwell, we just tend to agree, I never purposely try and copy\agree.............two great minds and all that.............or maybe your my soul mate!!!!!!! :D:huh:

Elliott is way out of our price range surely? I'd welcome him here however, porlific goalscorer from midfield and left footed. Bonza.

I suppose it depends how much Quinn is willing to pay for Maybury. I'm not quite sure how much he is actually worth. I think hes a decent right back at the Championship level and Quinn has money to burn so perhaps 500k is a possibility

I suppose it depends how much Quinn is willing to pay for Maybury. I'm not quite sure how much he is actually worth. I think hes a decent right back at the Championship level and Quinn has money to burn so perhaps 500k is a possibility

Well he has been involved in our best games in recent seasons i.e. vs. Tottenham in the FA Cup and was a regular in the latter stages of last season under Rob Kelly (whether or not he did well is another matter but Sunderland seem to think so :rolleyes:) so I guess from that we can demand cash, i.e. 400K - 500K leading to a possible straight-up deal for Elliot?

From what I gather, Elliott has gone right downhill at Hull for about a season now. (sound familiar - Maybury) they aren't even bothered if he leaves and think if they even get a fee for him they'd be laughing.

Does that sound like a player we want? I have to admit I always thought he was excellent, but he was apparently bad last season and even worse this season so far. Rejuvinate his career?

Good business for a player out of touch. Wish him well if he goes . Maybe change of club will bring the best out Stuart Elliott once again.

Don't know the reason for the dip in form but my theory, found it hard on a personal level to find that motivation, eclipsing what he achieved in our back-to-back promotion season.

At his best, Elliott is a priceless player to have in your side. His goal to games ratio for the position he plays is still phenomonal - don't forget that despite all his negative press of late he was still our top scorer last season.

At worst Elliott is a frustrating player who drifts in and out of games and infuriates with his apparent lack of interest at times.

Source

lol The third one from the bottom blames Taylor, I thought the Hull fans would have saw him as a good manager :dunno:

Maybe like the first quote says, a change of club would bring the best out of him.

It would be a complete waste of money if we opted for this Stuart Elliott. Fair enough he did very well in League 1 but has struggled since they gained promotion.

It looks like we've already wasted wages on McAuley, let's not make another mistake on another unproven Northern Irish player. If we still can't afford to buy anyone to improve our squad then someone on loan will do as they will.

He signed a new contract with Hull couple of months ago anyway.

It would be a complete waste of money if we opted for this Stuart Elliott. Fair enough he did very well in League 1 but has struggled since they gained promotion.

It looks like we've already wasted wages on McAuley, let's not make another mistake on another unproven Northern Irish player. If we still can't afford to buy anyone to improve our squad then someone on loan will do as they will.

He signed a new contract with Hull couple of months ago anyway.

Good point it would certainly be a gamble for RK but it would be a gamble which would excite a few fans and show we have got some ambition. Would the gamble pay off though?

Good point it would certainly be a gamble for RK but it would be a gamble which would excite a few fans and show we have got some ambition. Would the gamble pay off though?

I wouldn't call it very ambitious signing someone for that amount when he can't get a regular start in the worst team in the league currently <_<

I wouldn't call it very ambitious signing someone for that amount when he can't get a regular start in the worst team in the league currently <_<

He is a player who can add a different dimension to our game hopefully making us more attacking. and score goals taking pressure off Hume and Fryatt, He sounds like the sort of player who you don't know what your going to get from him, i.e Brilliant one minute can't give a damn the next.

Come on, Hulls top scorer last season, and he plays on the left wing; surely that'd be a good signing? Bearing in mind that's him supposed having a bad season, if he regained his confidence and his form then as has already been said, he could be priceless. I would be very glad if this went through, but I doubt it will happen, as clubcall I think is the only place the rumour has been seen so far.

Welsh/Elliott + Hoult with Maybury off before the window closes would be great imo.

Fair comments, he is somewhat unproven, but saying he struggled to get a game is going a bit far. I've just looked it up and he played 26 games with 16 sub apperances. Thats fairly regular ( about on par with Ian Hume ) and as a left winger he scored 12 goals, more then any one else in our, or their team. Plus he did all that playing for "the worst team in the league currently"

Im fairly sure he signed his new deal with Peter Taylor, and Phil Parkinson doesn't seem to be as keen on him. I think they would sell, and I think he could do a job here.

Archived