Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Kiss and Tell

Just wondered, does anyone remember a greater transformation of a player's rating among City fans than Kisnorbo's.

He was one of the two or three most reviled squad members as a midfield player yet now would probably be first name of the teamsheet for every follower.

Who else can fans remember as turning opinion around so dramatically?

Not quite as hated, but Robbie Savage... nobody thought anything of him, he got injured and came on for the second half against Sunderland in the League Cup semi, completely changed the game and hasn't stopped running since!!!

I seem to remember Jimmy Willis having similar transformation whether it was to the same degree I can't say because I never thought he was that bad in the scheme of things like wise Kiso. We also didn't have websites like this for people to air their views.

Not Leicester but Owen Hargreaves - the public opinion on him has changed dramatically

with Hargreaves and Kisnorbo just goes to show what happens when you play players in their correct position!!!

with Hargreaves and Kisnorbo just goes to show what happens when you play players in their correct position!!!

It also shows that despite our inflated egos we know very little in the grand scheme of things. I ridiculed Kisnorbo as much as anybody. (I did apologise personally to him though!)

By rights, none of these players should get this far without having talent.

I remember one of the most reviled players in a City shirt was Lee Marshall. He got injured playing on loan at Hull City last season and was a star player for them at Right Back.

More recently too, Scowy was not what you'd call a favourite on these boards but his display yesterday for Palace was top notch from what I saw on the highlights.

Andy Lockhead (or Blockhead as he was called when he came and then when he left.) When he first arrived he was just a great big lump with legs. :blink:

Must say he ended up doing ok for us in the end. I remember just before he was sold he scored a couple of goals in one match, and that almost doubled his transfer fee. :smile:

kis was a dire midfield player , laughable at times but playing centerhalf he is top quality.

the thing that worries me is this club selling him and not being able to replace him.

It should worry everyone. Cos we'e got no-one who could even nearly replace him. I hope City's CE appreciates that.

Taggart was ABYSMAL at first, but his performance in the league cup tie away at Sunderland (0-0) years ago was the springboard.

The Kisnorbo transformation has to be right up there though, he's not only putting in competent performances but MOTM displays in most games.

More recently too, Scowy was not what you'd call a favourite on these boards but his display yesterday for Palace was top notch from what I saw on the highlights.

yet again probably cause hes playing upfront rather than right wing

You will all start to praise Danny Tiatto soon aswell

i think he has been good so far but most of you still rate him with 4/5 just because of his reputation

nope. watching him against southend and all i could think of was the terms washed up , had-it , knackered.

actually i said to someone he is a liability and a few minutes later they said the same.

what with nissa'a passing prowess we were really weak on the left until tiny little levi came on. :D

It seems we need a player to hate in the team, we had a few last season e.g. Kisnorbo, Sylla and Tiatto. It is the fans belief that the particular player holds the team back and is the difference between us being top and bottom. Tiatto is an easy target at the moment but I think hes been better than some of the players in the team this season e.g. Nils, Maybury, Johnson, Hume, Elvis. Once Tiatto's out the team we'll find someone else to blame probably Nils. tiatto is a scapegoat and people jump on his errors and ignore what he does well, the opposite is true for a fan favourite or acadamy player

You will all start to praise Danny Tiatto soon aswell

i think he has been good so far but most of you still rate him with 4/5 just because of his reputation

I don't think some of the naysayers on here will ever warm to him even though he has played creatively and intelligently this season.

It seems we need a player to hate in the team, we had a few last season e.g. Kisnorbo, Sylla and Tiatto. It is the fans belief that the particular player holds the team back and is the difference between us being top and bottom. Tiatto is an easy target at the moment but I think hes been better than some of the players in the team this season e.g. Nils, Maybury, Johnson, Hume, Elvis. Once Tiatto's out the team we'll find someone else to blame probably Nils. tiatto is a scapegoat and people jump on his errors and ignore what he does well, the opposite is true for a fan favourite or acadamy player

Why would anyone need a scapegoat if we've won?

Kisnorbo showed the ideal response to criticism. He started playing consistently well. It was instantly appreciated.

There would be the same reaction for Nils, Tiatto, Uncle tom Cobleigh or anyone else.

As for Academy players getting "opposite" treatment I'd refer you to Sheehan against Crewe and Stearman after his loss of form this season.

Most fans react to what they see and the proof is most often found in the player ratings.

Why would anyone need a scapegoat if we've won?

Kisnorbo showed the ideal response to criticism. He started playing consistently well. It was instantly appreciated.

There would be the same reaction for Nils, Tiatto, Uncle tom Cobleigh or anyone else.

As for Academy players getting "opposite" treatment I'd refer you to Sheehan against Crewe and Stearman after his loss of form this season.

Most fans react to what they see and the proof is most often found in the player ratings.

if Kisnorbo was still playing centre mid he'd still be booed. Fans love to have someone to hate

Well after one or two of his, fortunately totally mistimed tackles the people around me, I don't know any of them were likening him to a kamikazi pilot. There are other players in the team, some have been mentioned in this thread e.g. Nils, Maybury, Johnson, Hume, Elvis. - but I don't see them escaping without critiscism,

Nils - he is suffered because apart from Sheehan there is no-one else to play there

Maybury - only a few days ago people couldn't wait to get shot of him

Johnson - have you not been reading the posts on here a high proportion of people think he's poor

Hume - most people were saying he should be dropped

Elvis - A very high proportion of people on here think he should never be seen in a city shirt again.

I'm sorry but your argument doesn't hold water, the key thing with Tiatto not only is he very poor, he's now become injury prone, having come off in his last two matches, in addition a lot of people believe we have viable alternative.

if Kisnorbo was still playing centre mid he'd still be booed. Fans love to have someone to hate

They only criticised him in centre-midfield because he was a poor passer, not because he was Patrick Kisnorbo.

They praised him at centre-back cos he's been a great defender. Where's the problem? It's the guy's performances that have brought about the change in reaction.

fans hate the oppo.

fans hate the ref.

fans would rather love their own team but weve rarely ever had the money at leicester not to have some clunkers or players that are just way past their prime.

kis while playing in midfield last season was dire , so he was booed.

this season he is playing in what seems is his correct position and he is putting in motm performances.

if all fans did was hate then he would still be booed.

tiatto has had is critics but since at least the middle of last season he has , apart from the odd occasion , been a liability in that position. if he can no longer hack it then he will continue to put in displays which are not deemed good enough by most of the paying public and will continue to get stick.

he has not really had that much yet to be quite honest , just quiet criticism in the stands and on the net.

Archived