Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marko

Defender goes out on loan

Let's face it, he isn't going to be playing at left back for us for a while.

So rather than him doing nothing, it's better that he is out playing games.

Definitely

Really hope he does well and gets some confidence and proper competitive match practice and comes back a better player.

I'm sure he'll go on to prove the management wrong and set the world alight elsewear, proving that a bunch of idiots on an internet forum were know more than the professional coaching staff who work with him every day, just as Dawson has done at Mansfield, Tomi Petrescu has done, Tommy Wright. Players who so many morons were calling out to be playing first team football for us when they were 17 years old.

I'm sure he'll go on to prove the management wrong and set the world alight elsewear, proving that a bunch of idiots on an internet forum were know more than the professional coaching staff who work with him every day, just as Dawson has done at Mansfield, Tomi Petrescu has done, Tommy Wright. Players who so many morons were calling out to be playing first team football for us when they were 17 years old.

I'm sure the management team know how good he is and are sending him on loan for some much needed match practice.

He, and us for that matter, just have to be patient.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he's a regular on the bench.

I cannot remember ever citing those players as potential first teamers to anyone.

However, hatever the outcome regarding Sheehan don't give me the professional coaching staff are infallible argument...

I've seen our left-backs this last 12 months, I've seen Sylla, Hamill, Brevett, Douglas, Kisnorbo (in midfield), Tiatto and Gerrbrand so it doesn't wash. Ever year teams get relegated so that hardly suggests they have infallible professional coaching staff either.

They make mistakes like the rest of us and whatever the merits or otherwise of Sheehan, nothing effective appears to have been done to rectify our generally perceived weakness at left-back or in the centre of midfield for that matter.

Call people morons all you like but most of the youngsters cited by various people as potentially good enough for today's team seem to have performed pretty well so far. About five of them I think - out of six if you refuse to count Sheehan whose record actually looks fine to me.

Funny that Mansfield themselves have yet to confirm it. :P

I hope Peter Shirtliff doesn't get any funny ideas about taking our youth away from us. :P

Still, good luck to Alan Sheehan, hope he gets some regular football - hopefully leading to an extension of the loan until December, when he can return to the first team to take up his rightful LB slot. :thumbup:

Not good enough for the starting eleven though!

Because we've got Joe Mattock :cool:

I'd forgot about Mattock, how olds he now? not old enough to be getting a first team place proberbly so Sheehan could do with the first team experience :cool:

It certainly is a good thing - for Nils and Kenton and anyone else they ask to play left back. Yet it doesn't change the fact that we still don't have an attacking left-back and haven't had for ages.

But never mind. Our management team will doubtless overcome that by making do without.

And that means we will rarely have a fluid team. Disagree? Just watch.

Because attacking with two or sometimes three defenders who cannot pass or help launch attacks, plus a non-creative central midfield, won't work.

Oh yes, we'll fight and cover. But, attacking has to be done as a co-ordinated unit. From back through to front. Pass (to a teammate!) and move, pass and move. If several of our players cannot pass accurately there are too many breakdown points.

Consequently we will lose possession too easily and therefore concede too many goals to perform better than ordinarily.

Such a pity... having a faulty product just for the sake of introducing two important but vital and interconnecting components.

It certainly is a good thing - for Nils and Kenton and anyone else they ask to play left back. Yet it doesn't change the fact that we still don't have an attacking left-back and haven't had for ages.

But never mind. Our management team will doubtless overcome that by making do without.

And that means we will rarely have a fluid team. Disagree? Just watch.

Because attacking with two or sometimes three defenders who cannot pass or help launch attacks, plus a non-creative central midfield, won't work.

Oh yes, we'll fight and cover. But, attacking has to be done as a co-ordinated unit. From back through to front. Pass (to a teammate!) and move, pass and move. If several of our players cannot pass accurately there are too many breakdown points.

Consequently we will lose possession too easily and therefore concede too many goals to perform better than ordinarily.

Such a pity... having a faulty product just for the sake of introducing two important but vital and interconnecting components.

I get the picture, please change the record - or at least only play it once a week. ;)

Twenty-five posts?. Bit early for a "no criticism allowed" campaign. Or have you just changed your username?

Nowt wrong with lurking. Its not a 'no criticism allowed campaign', its a 'please consider criticising/voicing the exact same opinion ad nauseum a bit less campaign. Actually its not even a campaign cos Im not that arsed, but rereading a regurgitated point(s) so often is areally tedious. I agree with some of what you say thracian but you never seem to grasp that it doesnt need to be reiterated 8 times a day

What's with the assumption that Kelly has decided that certain players he's got are the bees knees? How does anyone know he hasn't made enquiries, or even put bids in for players? Why does the fact that we're a mediocre Championship side with no money never get mentioned when speculating about why we have glaringly obvious weaknesses in the squad? Why is it always argued "he'll never sign a (insert position) because (insert players name) is his favourite/nephew/love child"?

What's with the assumption that Kelly has decided that certain players he's got are the bees knees? How does anyone know he hasn't made enquiries, or even put bids in for players? Why does the fact that we're a mediocre Championship side with no money never get mentioned when speculating about why we have glaringly obvious weaknesses in the squad? Why is it always argued "he'll never sign a (insert position) because (insert players name) is his favourite/nephew/love child"?

I'd refer you to standing orders from Hebangsthedrums. :whistle:

Archived