Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marko

Defender goes out on loan

I'm a big fan of Sheehan's, but I'm going along with the experts on this one.

I'm sure a couple of month's away from the club will help him focus more on becoming the good player I expect him to become.

At the minute he's not playing regularly and they've obviously choose Mansfield because he's certain to be in the starting line-up.

I'm not too bothered about us not fielding a natural attacking left back, because lets be honest, thats not our problem area just now.

Our defence, although not settled, is starting to look good, and just because they are chopping and changing it as and when required the players seem to be taking it in their stride, and so I don't think Sheehan is going to actually strengthen it anymore then it is now!

This is good news for club and player. His career has stalled a little since Levein thrust him in to the first team. Kelly perhaps doesn't rate him quite as highly as Levein and that's up to him. He's a fair man though Rob is and if Sheehan does well on loan then he'll get a chance. O'Grady has done, a player Levein didn't rate but Kelly does. I mean it's not as if youngsters don't get a chance here, but they'll only get a chance if the manager thinks their ready. Wesolowski, Stearman, O'Grady and Porter have all been given numerous games and have rarely ever let us down, infact they've often been our best players on the park. So, if Sheehan doesn't get in for us it's possibly because Kelly doesn't rate him, it's all about opinions but he hasn't got it wrong with most of the other youngsters he's promoted to the first team.

Sheehan has talent, let's hope he knuckles down and shows Kelly what he can do.

This is good news for club and player. His career has stalled a little since Levein thrust him in to the first team. Kelly perhaps doesn't rate him quite as highly as Levein and that's up to him. He's a fair man though Rob is and if Sheehan does well on loan then he'll get a chance. O'Grady has done, a player Levein didn't rate but Kelly does. I mean it's not as if youngsters don't get a chance here, but they'll only get a chance if the manager thinks their ready. Wesolowski, Stearman, O'Grady and Porter have all been given numerous games and have rarely ever let us down, infact they've often been our best players on the park. So, if Sheehan doesn't get in for us it's possibly because Kelly doesn't rate him, it's all about opinions but he hasn't got it wrong with most of the other youngsters he's promoted to the first team.

Sheehan has talent, let's hope he knuckles down and shows Kelly what he can do.

I think in Sheehan's case it might be different. And I certainly wouldn't bet on Kelly being such a fair man, either.

After the information I've just read Sheehan's exile has been just that and nothing whatsoever to do with his ability or the fact that people don't rate him.

Look again towards the Chosen Men for answers.

A player has to earn his right to be in the squad then the team on the pitch, COG had to learn the hard way and if sheehan works hard then maybe he would be called into the squad.

Experience in a lower league may actually adjust his thoughts somewhat, some of the up and coming players think they are better than they actually are.

Stearman is 3 pints short of being a really decent player, wesolowski is a shining example of a professional, sheehan needs to buckle down, he'll be noticed if hes doing the right things.

I think in Sheehan's case it might be different. And I certainly wouldn't bet on Kelly being such a fair man, either.

After the information I've just read Sheehan's exile has been just that and nothing whatsoever to do with his ability or the fact that people don't rate him.

Look again towards the Chosen Men for answers.

I've just read that and it does seem very surprising. Sounds like the sort of thing Levein would do and we all know that Kelly doesn't like players with preceived bad attitudes. It's a real shame because he could be a very good left back, i'm still hoping that Sheehan still wants it enough at this club and that Kelly gives him a chance if he does well at Mansfield.

I've just read that and it does seem very surprising. Sounds like the sort of thing Levein would do and we all know that Kelly doesn't like players with preceived bad attitudes. It's a real shame because he could be a very good left back, i'm still hoping that Sheehan still wants it enough at this club and that Kelly gives him a chance if he does well at Mansfield.

I'm glad you used the word perceived because he always seems very popular among the reserve players like Levi, Doddsy, Weso etc. and was the Reserves captain.

Maybe he justs speaks as he sees and like any Irishman I've ever met, and my eldest son married into a Belfast family, backing off just isn't part of their psyche.

Anyway, having read that, I rate the guy even more now. But I doubt we'll see him in a Leicester shirt unless there's some changes in various directions.

And it raises the question once again of whether Kelly is capable of handling people with temperaments that are alien to his own or is he just going to shipthem out?.

I'm glad you used the word perceived because he always seems very popular among the reserve players like Levi, Doddsy, Weso etc. and was the Reserves captain.

Maybe he justs speaks as he sees and like any Irishman I've ever met, and my eldest son married into a Belfast family, backing off just isn't part of their psyche.

Anyway, having read that, I rate the guy even more now. But I doubt we'll see him in a Leicester shirt unless there's some changes in various directions.

And it raises the question once again of whether Kelly is capable of handling people with temperaments that are alien to his own or is he just going to shipthem out?.

I think your right with the last part, I get the feeling Kelly is the sort of manager who doesn't want to deal with them, he wants 'honest' players who aren't any trouble. There's advantages and disadvantages to this, nobody will ever be allowed to upset the applecart but also the club might neglect and miss out on good players because their attitude and temperament isn't 100% right. O'Neill was never scared to sign and play someone with a suspect reputation and it's often worked in his favour.

All managers have their ways, if this is Kelly's only dubious trait then i'll be fairly happy. Even if I don't agree with it myself.

I think your right with the last part, I get the feeling Kelly is the sort of manager who doesn't want to deal with them, he wants 'honest' players who aren't any trouble. There's advantages and disadvantages to this, nobody will ever be allowed to upset the applecart but also the club might neglect and miss out on good players because their attitude and temperament isn't 100% right. O'Neill was never scared to sign and play someone with a suspect reputation and it's often worked in his favour.

All managers have their ways, if this is Kelly's only dubious trait then i'll be fairly happy. Even if I don't agree with it myself.

Being able to handle all types of individuals has been a key to MON's success. And being so individualistic himself has helped.

The problem with not entertaining such people might be okay as a one-off but in the end no Championship manager is going to get enough genuine talent coming his way to enjoy the luxury of throwing lots of it away.

And Kelly might find that quality footballers often achieve excellence because they are competitive, contentious and don't easily accept authority/seniority or anything else.

Top athletes, actors, public figures, are invariably temperamental, arrogant, opinionated, contentious, awkward, aggressive, single minded. Anyone can deal with pacific people but they won't win you things.

Shock horror, maybe Kelly doesn't view him as geniune talent. Why don't you actually consider the flip side, that you and others may have actually been wrong( :o ) about him and isn't actually that good. Just another failed Leicester City academy player that will play most of us carear in the bottom two tiers. You can be wrong you know Thracian, you can overate players, it doesn't need to have something to do with his attitude or his lack of oppurtunites, the manager, or the fans getting on his back or his haircut. It is possible he once looked promising but he isn't going to devlop, honestly, your no footballing god, everything you say is not nessacerily how it shall be.

The loan will be good for him and us ( not for Nisse and Kenton, they don't need Sheehan to go out on loan in order to be in fron of him in the pecking order ) It's a chance for him to impress, and it's a oppurtunity for us to see if he has moved on at all since last December. He's getting to the age now where he needs at least a few first team apperances a season.

If you knew more about what has allegedly gone on, maybe you'd have a different view.

I've only just learned about it but I knew and said that something had happened to get Sheehan dropped and later sent into exile and there's every indication that it has, because that info has come from someone who has demonstrated some inside knowledge on previous occasions.

And if I believe what's been said it fully explains the question I've asked so many times about why Sheehan so suddenly lost his focus.

If you knew more about what has allegedly gone on, maybe you'd have a different view.

I've only just learned about it but I knew and said that something had happened to get Sheehan dropped and later sent into exile and there's every indication that it has, because that info has come from someone who has demonstrated some inside knowledge on previous occasions.

And if I believe what's been said it fully explains the question I've asked so many times about why Sheehan so suddenly lost his focus.

I was thinking about this, but if this was the case and it happened shortly after his home debut, which was about a year ago then why did he sign a new 2 year deal just 4 months ago? Surely he'd have buggered off and the board and manager would have let him because obviously they have put him in 'exile'?

Excuses Excuses Excuses. He should let his feet do the talking for him, but no poor Alan Sheehan has lost his focus because he played shite and got sent off, and if you think what has happened RE Sheehan is serious enough to make me re-consider my attitude you can PM and tell me what it is or shut up about it.

Your quite ready to make excuses for your faviourates but you will never be understanding towards the problems other players face. Former player of the season Danny Tiatto for instance whi has had problems with injuries, which have led to him struggling to get a decent run in the team and any kind of form. Or Andy Johnson who has played a massive five games for the club and probabley hasn't properly settled in yet, but no he's already been dubbed not good enough. :rolleyes: even Kenton gets a verbal lashing off you because he's occupying a place in the team that golden boy could be taking up, despite the fact he's been one of our best players thus far.

Interesting. I remember Sheehan making some veiled comment around that time of being "prepared to wait" which suggested his concern and, later, the management situation changed and he might have been persuaded that his chance would come again.

I doubt he would have known what stance RK took when Levein dropped him and later appeared to forget him after the Crewe game so that's perhaps understandable.

In some ways I was also alarmed by the players - mainly the Chosen Men - when they so openly touted for Kelly as manager. It was all very commendable but it also highlighted a potential power base.

Once they helped talk Kelly into the job......well it becomes speculation. But I'd love to hear more thoughts from the source of the original information.

Excuses Excuses Excuses. He should let his feet do the talking for him, but no poor Alan Sheehan has lost his focus because he played shite and got sent off, and if you think what has happened RE Sheehan is serious enough to make me re-consider my attitude you can PM and tell me what it is or shut up about it.

Your quite ready to make excuses for your faviourates but you will never be understanding towards the problems other players face. Former player of the season Danny Tiatto for instance whi has had problems with injuries, which have led to him struggling to get a decent run in the team and any kind of form. Or Andy Johnson who has played a massive five games for the club and probabley hasn't properly settled in yet, but no he's already been dubbed not good enough. :rolleyes: even Kenton gets a verbal lashing off you because he's occupying a place in the team that golden boy could be taking up, despite the fact he's been one of our best players thus far.

a) Sheehan is not a favourite. I think we should have an attacking left back and believe he was the best available. I still do though, as you say, I might be wrong.

b) If Tiatto is forever injured - and is 33 shortly - then he's not likely to be much use to us.

c) Kenton's done alright and I've said so, even though his crosses into the box look awful. Kenton at left-back and Sheehan on the bench wouldn't have been the worst scenario.

I think they're talking about this post on foxfanzine:

Nothing wrong with Sheehan, if handled correctly he'd be the bollux of a full back.

The management don't like his forthright attitude. He doesn't give a nob in a c'nt factory about so-called senior players.

In his home debut he told Hughes he'd do well to listen to proper sense, coz he (Sheehan) didnt select the team but if one is selected at lh midfield, be in that position to receive the ball, not stand off 3 yards screaming 'inside - inside' coz it doesn't go there!

Hughes went mardy and complained to veteran Dion Dublin, who began to give Sheehan a roasting, but didn't expect the full-back's lack of respect when he shouted back: 'You can f'ck off as well, coz you know less than that stupid scottish c'nt!!!!!'

Both senior players then complained to the management who sided with their point of view and Sheehan has been sidelined since.

RK has, by the action of not picking Sheehan also sided with folks who can't play the game against one who can.

Come on Al, prove the f'ckers wrong.

BLUE ARMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=8...ytoid=531245357

That's great stuff to hear though, a youth player who knows how to play the game, and knows what he needs in order to suit the team and his style of play, isn't afraid to tell the senior players of a lot more experience, his views on them and the team. If he has been discarded and left in the wilderness for that, then the management and backroom staff are being more petulant than what he was. Football is a passionate game, and, when on the pitch, you respect and believe in yourself and play your natural game. As a professional you expect your more experienced team-mates to help you do what is required of you to keep calm and settle in during the game, do things that you know well and just generally help you out, which if that story is true, Hughes and Dublin did not do. Sheehan will go far with that sort of attitude, just not under a management team that do more for older, pension seeking players than they do with their future (the youth players).

Archived