Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marko

Defender goes out on loan

sounds like Sheehan had a point because Hughes cant play left wing and Dublin was rubbish. Still i'd be surprised if he is still being victimised for solely that reason

I agree with you, unless AS is a complete and utter willy puller which I doubt, I'm sure all of that is in the past!

I think people are looking for excuses as to why he isn't in the team rather then looking at the bleedin' obvious.

Which is that we are looking comfortable at the back and when/if we need to change it he may get his chance.

Clearly he wasn't exiled completley after that.... as he made four apperances after his home debut v Plymouth. Which illegidly is when he was suppouse to have had this little outburst.

If you're trying to say that he played after his home debut, he was maybe included until the players in question (Hughes and Dublin) again protested to the management staff that they didn't want to be playing in the same team as somebody that couldn't control themself and was prone to little fiery, angry outbursts. Maybe is the keyword though, as I'm not completely sure.

If you're trying to say that he played after his home debut, he was maybe included until the players in question (Hughes and Dublin) again protested to the management staff that they didn't want to be playing in the same team as somebody that couldn't control themself and was prone to little fiery, angry outbursts. Maybe is the keyword though, as I'm not completely sure.

If they're going to complain don't you think it would have been done after his first appearance! Why would they wait til he's played four times?

Clearly he wasn't exiled completley after that.... as he made four apperances after his home debut v Plymouth. Which illegidly is when he was suppouse to have had this little outburst.

Was he a Plymouth player when he made his debut then? Because that game was away from home for Leicester!!! :D His home debut was against Sheff Wed in the league and your still right though as he made a further 3 appearances after that game anyway.

If they're going to complain don't you think it would have been done after his first appearance! Why would they wait til he's played four times?

Which is what I was getting at, they complained to the management more than likely immediately after the game on his first appearance for the side, and the management told them they would review the situation and take their complaints into consideration. When the unrest within the squads senior members did not go away and die down, the management took it upon themselves to relieve Sheehan of all duties and opportunities in the first team squad.

Is that explanation a little bit clearer to grasp?? That's what I was getting at with the post you are questioning.

Was he a Plymouth player when he made his debut then? Because that game was away from home for Leicester!!! :D His home debut was against Sheff Wed in the league and your still right though as he made a further 3 appearances after that game anyway.

Your quite right, we played Plymouth at home last game, last season. Wires crossed.

Which is what I was getting at, they complained to the management more than likely immediately after the game on his first appearance for the side, and the management told them they would review the situation and take their complaints into consideration. When the unrest within the squads senior members did not go away and die down, the management took it upon themselves to relieve Sheehan of all duties and opportunities in the first team squad.

Is that explanation a little bit clearer to grasp?? That's what I was getting at with the post you are questioning.

:unsure: If the senior players were that concerned I'm sure it wouldn't have taken 3 games for action to be taken.

:unsure: If the senior players were that concerned I'm sure it wouldn't have taken 3 games for action to be taken.

lol which is why I said maybe, I didn't say for definate, as I wasn't there, and I'm not in touch with the sources behind-the-scenes. Internal enquiries aren't an extremely quick and efficient process anyway, and if they had to consider what the seniors were saying, as well as asking Sheehan what happened, that would have accounted for a little bit of time :whistle::rolleyes:

sounds like Sheehan had a point because Hughes cant play left wing and Dublin was rubbish. Still i'd be surprised if he is still being victimised for solely that reason

I agree. Sheehan lost focus for whatever reason and his form suffered. Then came his groin injury and he only seemed to regain his fitness and enthuiasim right at the end of the season, after the signing of his new contract.

He was involved during the close season and I thought he would get his chance but, instead, he was overlooked completely once the real matches started even to the point of playing Alan Maybury, who looked awful as an attacker, at left back.

That, more than anything, suggested Sheehan was either unfit, not considered good enough, out of favour or any combination of the three.

Another possibility is that he was being lined up for his move to Mansfield and Kelly didn't want him coming into the team and playing well enough to justify a place before that happened, for whatever reason.

Whatever the truth he's now going to Mansfield - where the football is little better than City Reserves -and I'll be very surprised to see him return as a first team contestant.

I would like to point out, as a sane and rational person, that these two outbursts are unlikely to have been exceptional. If anything they are an indication that Sheehan regularly speaks his mind/gets ideas above his station/acts like a spoilt brat (depending on which side of the fence you sit).

Better that a player is entitled to speak their mind when on the pitch. Can't have a player wanting to say things but biting their lip, as it can cause problems with concentration and lead to form and performances dropping. That being said, if outbursts like this happen, get the player sat down with the management and the other players in question, and let them address the issue behind closed doors, in a way that everybody knows where they stand and what will happen in the future to ensure these things are corrected and don't happen again. I'd just like to point out that if we're going to single out the younger players for outbursts, we also need to bring the senior lads back down to earth so they don't start to feel untouchable or get complacent. Can't have different rules for different people.

Correct me if im wrong but wasn't Hughes injured during the Sheffield Wednesday game, and if he was playing was he at left wing.? There is a strong smell of bullshit about this.

There is always an air of something surrounding issues that not too many people on the outside know about. Unless an official statement is released, you can't do much about it if you aren't prepared to go down to the club and ask questions to find out the truth.

I also have to say, I used to post on Fox Fanzine a lot before I joined here, and I've met the guy this post was attributed to on a number of occasions. He's extremely passionate and very knowledgeable and I can't believe he'd make this up or quote it without hearing from a similarly reliable source.

I also have to say, I used to post on Fox Fanzine a lot before I joined here, and I've met the guy this post was attributed to on a number of occasions. He's extremely passionate and very knowledgeable and I can't believe he'd make this up or quote it without hearing from a similarly reliable source.

I'm sure Hughes was injured when we played Wendesday. I'm even surer that he didn't start to play left wing on a regular basis to Kelly was made manager.

I'm sure Hughes was injured when we played Wendesday. I'm even surer that he didn't start to play left wing on a regular basis to Kelly was made manager.

Just to correct myself Stephen Hughes made his come back that game and was playing left wing. Dublin was also playing. :thumbup::blush:

From the Mansfield Official Site:

Stags' boss Peter Shirtliff is delighted at signing Leicester youngster Alan Sheehan.

Sheehan is one of the group of youngster that made the leap from Academy to first team at Leicester City and Shirtliff believes his initail one month loan will be very beneficial to Mansfield Town.

" He is a young player that I worked with at Leicester when I was there and he was one of the young lads that came through the academy to make the first team. Whilst I was there he played a number of reserve games and there is no doubt he is a good prospect.

"He is good in the air, a good defender and he can get forward and mix it when it is required" Shirtliff told the official website this morning.

With Gareth Jelleyman in doubt due to an injury picked up at Wycombe's Adams Park Stadium last week Sheehan will be thrown into the squad for Saturday's visit of Hereford United. And will be good competition for Jelleyman on his return to fitness.

"Alan will be good competition for Gareth but this can only be healthy. The dialogue with Leicester was vague in it suggested we can have him for one month and then see how we get on from there. When Jelleyman returns to playing he is able to play in a wide midfield role so I have options there as well.

"The thing about Alan is he has a good foot on him and he can strike a ball especially in set pieces so I think he will prove to be a nice weapon for us in attacking dead ball situations" he added

* Sounds like Shirtliff would like him permanently and RK is only lukewarm about getting him back.

Archived