Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Steve Walsh v Arsenal 3-3 online?

Thanks so much mate :cry::cry::cry:

I went frickin nuts when that went in!! (Didnt we all)

Cant help but wonder if any of our current players could ever show the look Walshy had on his face after that went in!

Cheers for posting that link. Still to this day I get shivers watching it. Remember sitting in the old Carling Stand watching that game and coming home to watch the highlights on Match of the Day. What a night.

Our current team should be forced to sit down and watch that match in its entirety to see what can be possible if you have the bottle and stamp yourselves on a game. We had no right to get anything out of the game, being 2-0 down, but we did.

Our current team should be forced to sit down and watch that match in its entirety to see what can be possible if you have the bottle and stamp yourselves on a game. We had no right to get anything out of the game, being 2-0 down, but we did.

Couldnt agree more! I really feel that our team lacks a figurehead like that. Walsh in all fairness was not that talented a footballer. All he could do was head the ball, boot the ball, motivate people, and wind people up.

Goes to show also that there was so much long ball even in that game. The football doesnt have to be attractive, the players dont have to be geniuses, but where has the passion gone!!!

Couldnt agree more! I really feel that our team lacks a figurehead like that. Walsh in all fairness was not that talented a footballer. All he could do was head the ball, boot the ball, motivate people, and wind people up.

Goes to show also that there was so much long ball even in that game. The football doesnt have to be attractive, the players dont have to be geniuses, but where has the passion gone!!!

Exactly!!! :thumbup:

Exact date was Wednesday, August 27 1997!

well I'll be fecked! it must have been before I got Sky and got permission to go to the boozer then!

Thats weird, I was bazdarding convinced it was a Sunday??? :blink:

A strange game. Arsenal p!ssed it for 85 minutes until a howler from Seaman let us back into it.

Incredibible finish though!

The funniest thing I recall from that night was Ian Wright, having been taken off "injured" sprint back on to the pitch to confront the ref, and then trying to pick a fight with Walshy!

He must have had a death wish... :D

Archived