Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Elvis

Poor game last night just didn't look up for it throughout and was never much of a threat. At times he was just walking about, not putting any effort in at all.

When Odhiambo replaced him at least he was closing players down trying his best, although hes not as good a player as Hammond YET at least he tried.

Odhiambo is definitely one for the future, we shouldn't have introduced him in a game like this but that was Kelly's decision.

He's used to playing U18 level at training grounds and then the next day he's playing against the only remaining unbeaten side in England, 6th in the Premiership at a packed Walkers stadium.

But at least he's got his debut and now can hopefully slowly make his way up to the first team like Logan, O'grady, Porter, Stearman and Weso have.

Poor game last night just didn't look up for it throughout and was never much of a threat. At times he was just walking about, not putting any effort in at all.

When Odihambo replaced him at least he was closing players down trying his best, although hes not as good a player as Hammond YET at least he tried.

Odihambo is definitely one for the future, we shouldn't have introduced him in a game like this but that was Kelly's decision.

He's used to playing U18 level at training grounds and then the next day he's playing against the only remaining unbeaten side in England, 6th in the Premiership at a packed Walkers stadium.But at least he's got his debut and now can hopefully slowly make his way up to the first team like Logan, O'grady, Porter, Stearman and Weso have.

Kelly has said countless times that he had no choice, we had NO other players available.

And as for Hammond I don't agree with what you've said, he worked his socks off as usual last night, it was a team performance and I don't see how you can single anyone out for criticism after we played like that.

I thought he had a good first half, only lost the ball once from what I can remember, but second half, yep..shite.

By the way, I thought it was the perfect game to play Odihambo, haven't you ever heard of a 'baptism of fire', what does he have to fear now if he plays against championship teams? Nothing.

Saying that I thought he looked extremely average in terms of potential.

i thought hammond played well played with his heart on his sleeve last night never short of work rate

odihambo was threw in the deep end imagine how scared he was i say a big well done to him actually

To be fair though most Leicester City fans can play with their heart on their sleeve and with a good work rate. Elvis just isnt up to it. Never will make it as a forward. Hes only scored about 10 goals in his career. Not the best recored for a 26 year old striker. Strikers are paid to score goals!

Kelly has said countless times that he had no choice, we had NO other players available.

And as for Hammond I don't agree with what you've said, he worked his socks off as usual last night, it was a team performance and I don't see how you can single anyone out for criticism after we played like that.

Quite agree about both Hammond and Odihambo.

And it won't have done Odi any harm at all. It wasn't so long ago he made his debut for the Academy side and although obviously skillful, looked a bit nervous, unsure of himself and had an uncertain touch.

He quickly adjusted and is now a leading member of that team and very potent in front of goal with at least two hat-tricks already this season.

Right now his biggest need is for Reserves football and then short bursts at first team level. Odi, King, Gradel, Chambers all fit into that category.

I'm not sure we always make enough such opportunities when we can, end of last season was an example and there have been others.

Generally I think part of our problem is carrying too many nothing and nowhere players as I'd call em but when you hit the unusual sort of injury crisis we've got now, we're glad of them. It's not always easy being a manager!

Quite agree about both Hammond and Odihambo.

And it won't have done Odi any harm at all. It wasn't so long ago he made his debut for the Academy side and although obviously skillful, looked a bit nervous, unsure of himself and had an uncertain touch.

He quickly adjusted and is now a leading member of that team and very potent in front of goal with at least two hat-tricks already this season.

Right now his biggest need is for Reserves football and then short bursts at first team level. Odi, King, Gradel, Chambers all fit into that category.

I'm not sure we always make enough such opportunities when we can, end of last season was an example and there have been others.

Generally I think part of our problem is carrying too many nothing and nowhere players as I'd call em but when you hit the unusual sort of injury crisis we've got now, we're glad of them. It's not always easy being a manager!

Agreed, chopping and changing players doesn't do no good, but there is a right place and time to play up and comming players. One bad match does not make the player automatically bad. Elvis has shown plenty of character, he has many rough edges but this stint in the team will do him a world of good and hopefully teach a oldish dog new tricks if not iron out the crap ones!!

As a team we performed well - but if some of the players lifted their performances to match those of the rest of the team then we would've been much better.

Low was not great, Hammond wasn't that great, Momo wasn't that good

The hard work of Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuume, Kisnorbo, Maybury, Weso and Stearman (at times for them both)and Nissa (after the first goal error !) covered the relative indiscretions of those that didn't do as much.

I am waiting for Elvis to "do a Drogba" - remember that donkey who played up front for Chelsea last season and couldn't trap a bag of cement? The one who turned into a world-class striker currently upstaging Shevchenko at Stamford Bridge?

Even now, Drogba still has problems controlling the ball - see his goal against Barcelona. The difference is he is more confident, so he can recover the errors (and, in the case of the Barca game, re-control the ball, swivel and shoot to score the winner).

I am waiting for Elvis to "do a Drogba" - remember that donkey who played up front for Chelsea last season and couldn't trap a bag of cement? The one who turned into a world-class striker currently upstaging Shevchenko at Stamford Bridge?

Even now, Drogba still has problems controlling the ball - see his goal against Barcelona. The difference is he is more confident, so he can recover the errors (and, in the case of the Barca game, re-control the ball, swivel and shoot to score the winner).

Elvis Hammond, the next Didier Drogba, you heard it here first! :thumbup:

Archived