Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Mike Stowell

Mike Stowell's role clearly seems to be the bad cop to Rob Kelly's good cop. I heard on the radio coming home that he was sent to the stands last night (I didn't see it at the game). R Kelly was being interviewed and joked about it.

I recall he's had one or two other skirmishes already this season.

Not complaining - it's nice to see some passion - but anyone have a view on how he's doing?

I may sound critical occasionally but overall I think they're doing fine and at last seem to be focusing on improving our attacking now which is welcome.

Same here. But things always look rosy when results improve. There are still some basic errors this team and coaches commit, I hope they don't rest on their laurels and strive to keep improving.

They have the enthusiasm that's been missing from our dugout for a long time.

Hurray for Kelly and Stowell :scarf:

Kelly's prematch interview on sky for the coventry game impressed me alot, he stood with a big smile on his face showing how much he was up for the game. a big change from levein's usual interviews which always started with a 'sigh'.

He went head to head with Cotterill and Magilton was on the recieving end of some of Stowell's anger.

When he's interviewed by LCFC World, he seems calm, quiet and composed. On the touchline he's jumping up and down and shouting all the time, and even getting himself sent to the stands (something nobody could imagine happening to RK himself) :P

The man's easily excitable, and it shows. ;)

When I was about 11 in 1988, we beat Man.City 1-0 at Filbo with Nicky Cross scoring - takes me back !!

Stowell was in goal for Man.City that day as he was on loan from somebody - Liverpool I think - and he went ballistic at his own defence after letting in the goal. He also apparently used to go mad at the Wolves back four cos my mates a Wolves fan.

Stowell gets my vote. He is a legend !! :thumbup:

Beaglehole's similar. Got banished from the sideline at an Academy match against Watford recently because he got a little wound up. He kept sneaking back but the team didn't half seem to miss him...

I love the passion - and all the efforts to subdue it piss me off big time.

Same here. But things always look rosy when results improve. There are still some basic errors this team and coaches commit, I hope they don't rest on their laurels and strive to keep improving.

Generally because we play better footy to enable this?

I love him too, he's brilliant. The fight he had in the Ipswich game (I think?) was the best.

Does he rank alongside that other favourite keeper of yours - Mr Walker? :ph34r:

What a great bloke Stowell is :laugh: Had to be pulled away from the official yesterday :P Very passionate and representing the feelings and thoughts of the majority of our fans inside the ground :yesyes:

Not for the first time, certainly not the last time. :P

Archived