Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OriginalRobboFOX

Mark McGhee

I know he 5hat on us and left us for 'bigger and better' things.... but he didn't half have us playing well at the time.

We were like a man utd of Div 1. We used to just pass our way round like nobodies business, it seemed like we were genuinely playing our way to promotion and Steve Corica was a legend....

Might just be me though.

I don't have fond memories of the man. The 4-2 win against Portsmouth at home was a class game though, I think Roberts got a hat-trick and Corica scored aswell. It's weird because I remember more matches and moments from the Little era than I do from the brief McGhee era, even though McGhee arrived after Little.

I suppose with him only staying for less than a year it's easy to forget.

I know he 5hat on us and left us for 'bigger and better' things.... but he didn't half have us playing well at the time.

We were like a man utd of Div 1. We used to just pass our way round like nobodies business, it seemed like we were genuinely playing our way to promotion and Steve Corica was a legend....

Might just be me though.

I agree with you, at least. I think McGhee did do a good job with us. Like most, I detested his move at the time and loathed him for a good few years; but I read his comments last year (about leaving City to be the worst decision of his career - and admitting his errors and apologising to City fans) and, I for one, sort of forgive him.

There was some talk a couple of months ago (when he left Brighton), about him possibly coming back to us as a 'Director of Football' - having worked with Kelly in the past (apparently they got on well) and with him having a good deal of management experience (especially 'wheelin and dealin' - which I think is Kelly's weakness). I think he'd do a good job WITH Kelly. We know MM is all for Directors of Football (I've no idea if he's got any connections with McGhee) - IF all goes through (and I do think 'there's many a slip between cup and lip' - I rate his takeover as only 50/50 likely, given our current Board's lack of foresight), possibly Mc Ghee could be an answer, to help boost the management team (what DOES Miller do ?!)

It was atttractive quality football, but lacked effectiveness in that there was a lot of neat passing but very little end product - goals for the effort put in. This may have been because of a lack of quality players but teams had certainly sussed us out and used to let us pass it around until we lost it and then counter attack. There wasn't sufficient variety in his tactics.

i thought it was a flask , by the tartan wheelchair brigade

it was definately a tartan thermos....

whats with people throwin mobile phones too?? my phones worth £250, im never throwing it..... 2p coin good enough for me. £2 coin if you want to do some real damage...

it was definately a tartan thermos....

whats with people throwin mobile phones too?? my phones worth £250, im never throwing it ..... 2p coin good enough for me. £2 coin if you want to do some real damage...

It's not exactly hard to trace back to the owner either.

Was Mark Draper playing for us in the MM era - he was absolute quality for us in 1 particular season - Corica was more hit and miss for me.

Yes - Brian Little bought Draper in summer 1994 after we got promoted. He was class for that season we had in the Premiership - my favourite player at the time. I think he was only with us a year (during which time Little left and McGhee took over), then Little took him to Villa again.

Anyone know what he's doing now?

Yes - Brian Little bought Draper in summer 1994 after we got promoted. He was class for that season we had in the Premiership - my favourite player at the time. I think he was only with us a year (during which time Little left and McGhee took over), then Little took him to Villa again.

Anyone know what he's doing now?

yeah he's plastering my lounge :rolleyes:

Draper looked good that one season we had in the Prem under Little/McGhee because the rest of the players we had were piss poor.

both walshie and joachim were injured for most of that season and parker and robins came in when it was basically too late. roberts was top scorer that season with i think nine goals , he was our top scorer for three seasons and then we sold him for more than a million , not bad business for a player that cost about a quarter million.

I don't have fond memories of the man. The 4-2 win against Portsmouth at home was a class game though, I think Roberts got a hat-trick and Corica scored aswell . It's weird because I remember more matches and moments from the Little era than I do from the brief McGhee era, even though McGhee arrived after Little.

I suppose with him only staying for less than a year it's easy to forget.

Twas a deflected Parker free kick :cool: his second in 2 games.

Archived