Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ajax Treesdown

New Manager?

I'm so tired of these topics. Kelly is the manager, he will be for the forseable future as he is not doing a bad job under the circumstances we are in. What is the point in speculating on his replacement when currently there is no reason for him to be replaced. Enough is enough its getting boring.

I'm so tired of these topics. Kelly is the manager, he will be for the forseable future as he is not doing a bad job under the circumstances we are in. What is the point in speculating on his replacement when currently there is no reason for him to be replaced. Enough is enough its getting boring.

I see you've only made 30 odd posts... You'll get used to repetition if you stick around a while!! :D

I see you've only made 30 odd posts... You'll get used to repetition if you stick around a while!! :D

True ive only made a few posts but i have been visiting this site for quite a while and it is very true about the repitition. I seems many people have very short memorys who are posting :P

Curbishley? The man who wanted to do "a Leicester" and didn't quite manage it? Hmmm....

Dowie? Hmmm....

If it wasn't Kelly, who would you suggest?. Serious enquiry. You watch a lot of football. You suggest sometimes that you'd like a more attacking approach. I'd guess you'd stick with Kelly but I'm just asking if you think there's anyone out there you've been impressed with?

I cant believe people are considering getting rid of Kelly. DO YOU NOT REMEMBER WHAT HE DID FOR US LAST YEAR? Come on lets back RKelly and give him the money to take us in to the Prem.

Peter Taylor had a really good first half a season with us, doesn't make him a good manager.

Peter Taylor had a really good first half a season with us, doesn't make him a good manager.

But Taylor lost it right at the start of the season we got relegated. As far as i'm aware we have not gone through a mega blip and hopefully we dont intend to.

But Taylor lost it right at the start of the season we got relegated. As far as i'm aware we have not gone through a mega blip and hopefully we dont intend to.

As as far as i am concerned, if we have any ambitions to be a top club we need a top manager, unfortunatly there aren't any free and avaliable (including Curbishley). I don't think Kelly is capable of getting us promoted, so as soon as he is replaced by somone that can i will be a lot happier.

As as far as i am concerned, if we have any ambitions to be a top club we need a top manager, unfortunatly there aren't any free and avaliable (including Curbishley). I don't think Kelly is capable of getting us promoted, so as soon as he is replaced by somone that can i will be a lot happier.

Personally i would stick with RKelly because i think he has the ability to be a top manager but if we were to get another i honestly think Curbishley would come. We would be able to offer him Brill facilities(something that was limited at The Valley), money and a massive fan base(something else that was lacking at Charlton) I think he would see us as a challenge and would consider coming to us.

If it wasn't Kelly, who would you suggest?. Serious enquiry. You watch a lot of football. You suggest sometimes that you'd like a more attacking approach. I'd guess you'd stick with Kelly but I'm just asking if you think there's anyone out there you've been impressed with?
I honestly don't know. You can look at managers lower down the leagues, but will they make the step up, and is it a gamble worth taking? Looking at the managers in our divisions, I can't say I'd take any of them, apart from perhaps Davies purely on a footballing basis (and that's based on the difference between Preston last season and this - they are certainly more industrious now, yet they seem to be better for it in terms of league position. I was going to ask what you thought about that little conundrum...). I can't see any current top flight managers wanting to leave their current clubs for the challenge of making us a Premiership force. The ones out of a job are justifiyably so if you look at things.

To be honest, I don't think Kelly is that bad. He clearly lacks experience, and rather than people calling for his head, perhaps he would work better with a knowledgeable director of football or an experienced head coach. I honestly don't know.

Only man I want to see in charge is Rob Kelly. The man practically saved us last year and is owed a very significant debt of thanks from all at the club, fans included!

Kelly is astute, loyal and reserved. The perfect gent and an extremely capable man manager. He has managed incredibly well on a tiny budget and is investing in the future of the club by making the best use possible of the resources such as the academy instead of moaning about not having money to spend.

They say loyalty is dead in football, and I fear that goes for the fans as much as anybody. Why dont we try and prove exception to the rule? I'm sure a number of people would be calling judas if Kelly were approached by a bigger club, what makes us any different if we see the possibility of a 'big name' manager such as, say, Curbishly and start drooling?

My tuppence worth anyway..

And once again the urban myth that is Rob 'football genius' Kelly comes to the fore.

While there is no dispute he 'saved' us from the drop it was clear fromthe get go he wasn't and isn't managerial material. My dog is loyal and well be haved but I wouldn't have him as manager of Leicester City FC. We are languishing near the bottom of the table AGAIN and we play some god awful stuff, even worse than the Bassett era (both times).

To say he is a good man manager is laughable:

Mark de Vries, Momo Sylla, Iain Hume, Matty Fryatt, Chris O'Grady, Levi Porter, Alan Maybury, Gareth Williams and Josh Low.

He hasn't lost the dressing room but he doesn't have it either. The players know there is someone knew coming in their performance on Saturday showed it.

Thanks for last season, but since we were safe we have been poor and we are still languishing in the arsehole of the division, closer to the drop than the play-offs.

And once again the urban myth that is Rob 'football genius' Kelly comes to the fore.

While there is no dispute he 'saved' us from the drop it was clear fromthe get go he wasn't and isn't managerial material. My dog is loyal and well be haved but I wouldn't have him as manager of Leicester City FC. We are languishing near the bottom of the table AGAIN and we play some god awful stuff, even worse than the Bassett era (both times).

To say he is a good man manager is laughable:

Mark de Vries, Momo Sylla, Iain Hume, Matty Fryatt, Chris O'Grady, Levi Porter, Alan Maybury, Gareth Williams and Josh Low.

He hasn't lost the dressing room but he doesn't have it either. The players know there is someone knew coming in their performance on Saturday showed it.

Thanks for last season, but since we were safe we have been poor and we are still languishing in the arsehole of the division, closer to the drop than the play-offs.

Can you explain the highlighted part please? I'm struggling to understand, i'm intrigued.

Can you explain the highlighted part please? I'm struggling to understand, i'm intrigued.

Man management skills are not his or Stowell's strengths each and every one of those players has had a major issue with them both this season.

i think its examples of players who have been mis-managed. i'd agree with certain examples but kicking sylla up the backside seems to have reminded him he is there to play football

Archived