Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ajax Treesdown

New Manager?

Newell, Curbs, Dowie, Cotterill (if Burnley dont get promoted)... I could see Dowie being a likley choice, he's bound to turn-up at one Championship club or other, though if Cotterill and Curbs dont materialise I'd probably plum for Newell over Dowie to be honest.

And if we beat Derby, it'll be Rob Kelly. I wasn't at the game yesterday, we might have been total shite. But before the game we were comfortably mid table and just a few points off being comfortably top-half.

Preston are joint top and are on blistering form, like I said, I didn't see the performance yesterday but the result was far from the worst we've ever seen. So fock off and cram the thread up your jaxie, fella.

If, even with a good budget, Kelly can't rally our performances in the season's second half then maybe let's look towards the future over the summer and make some crunch decisions. But no, the thread isn't reasonable.

It is a very valid talking point as a whole lot is about to change at Leicester City.

Mandaric has got Alan Curbishley or Alex McLeish lined up to come in, even if he had gone to Coventry or Wednesday he has one of them waiting. They were his top 2 choices when Redknapp left Pompey.

Rob Kelly will be given a golden handshake and his tenure will be over and he'll move out the door. There is no place for him at LCFC, not even within the Academy as Rudkin and Beaglehole are doing very well.

Im happy with Kelly. He's had fock all money to spend but has still managed to keep us mid table.

I know Johnson and Low are shite but what do you expect when he does'nt have two penny's two rub together.

If Manderic was too get rid of Kelly I'd like too see someone like Alex McLeish or Dave Jones come in.

while kelly has done ok he's not exactly a tactical genious is he? yesterday and sheff wed prove that point. curbishley would be good but not very realistic. there's not alot of decent managers out of a job so we'd have to look at poaching a lower league one i think

And if we beat Derby, it'll be Rob Kelly. I wasn't at the game yesterday, we might have been total shite. But before the game we were comfortably mid table and just a few points off being comfortably top-half.

Preston are joint top and are on blistering form, like I said, I didn't see the performance yesterday but the result was far from the worst we've ever seen. So fock off and cram the thread up your jaxie, fella.

If, even with a good budget, Kelly can't rally our performances in the season's second half then maybe let's look towards the future over the summer and make some crunch decisions. But no, the thread isn't reasonable.

It's not so much where we are as the sort of statement we're making - and in all honest it's horrible. Our team doesn't seem to have progressed one iota.

Again, with Preston, they may be next to top of the League - and they certainly started slickly - but blistering? I didn't see them as blistering. They had a bit of pace, yes, and were well organised. They passed and moved far better than we did first half. But competent and capable is how I'd describe them.

Back end of last season we gave a better account of ourselves against a much more daunting Reading side but yesterday there was barely a flicker of impetus from our lot.

We never had the personnel to hurt them so it wasn't a surprise - but we sure embarrassed ourselves.

Kelly might have had constraints - nothing new in that for a manager - but he should have made his crunch decisions in thge summer - as many people pointed out.

The real tragedy of this season is that it's a piss poor League and we could easily have been in contention with more imaginative and courageous leadership.

Archived