Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Another part to the RK urban myth

Do we have any movement in our team, the players in my table football game have more movement!!!

If that's a veiled, I'd better say turban-covered criticism, you'd better watch out for the RK defence team...

It won't be the coaching.

It won't be the players chosen.

And it won't be the case anyway.

And if it was it'd be the lack of money. :whistle:

Do we have any movement in our team, the players in my table football game have more movement!!!

exactly how i felt on saturday watching stearman and hughes. we had the ball up in the corner of their half and both our midfielders were standing on the half way line unsure of which one should stay back

If that's a veiled, I'd better say turban-covered criticism, you'd better watch out for the RK defence team...

It won't be the coaching.

It won't be the players chosen.

And it won't be the case anyway.

And if it was it'd be the lack of money. :whistle:

Turban or no turban, we all have our opinions, i haven't been overly impressed with RK, and as far as i'm concerned, ther isn't anything anyone has said that has changed my opinion!! Bring on the abuse!!!

I don't think MON always had what I'd describe as quality players, certainly not in the Bergkamp sense. He just made everyone feel like a giant and he got everyone to do their particular job well. They had great unity but I didn't get the feeling they were all charging around trying to do two or even three jobs.

Guppy was a great example. It was quite clear than his instructions were to keep the width, engineer a crossing position and deliver the best ball in that he could as soon as there were people in the box to receive it.

Yes he helped at times but he didn't burn too much energy doing other things. Yet did he ever play better than at Leicester? Why? Because in doing what he did best he was allowed to be effective.

In many ways MON made an art form of keeping it simple. "That's your job. that's yours and that's yours," seemed to be his approach.

He took people's strengths and applied them in the most useful way and to greatest effect, Heskey being another prime example.

Everyone seemed to know precisely what was expected and MON seemed to have faith in people doing their jobs without the need for them to do very much of someone else's.

That doesn't seem the case with Kelly's players.

Spot on the problem is it aint the case with any othe manager except MON

Why is every one attacking RK,

It is not his fault that the club has no money and that we are short of players, so how can you blame RK for our current situation IMO he has done well with the resources available. When RK has done something that draws any blame, then criticise him until then get of his case.

I would rather see Kelly stay on and given the opportunity to prove him self under the right circumstances. Than get in some self centred, egotistic manager, who thinks he knows it all, yet knows nothing and wastes any money MM may spend on players.

Remember PT, (£23 million and cant admit he made mistakes)

Remember DB, (I am here, I wont do anything but be here)

Remember MA, (Bunch of has been’s he bought)

Remember CL (Was so laid back he was horizontal)

All where crap, all where suppose to be experienced, all where suppose to be good for city, not one was. They where crap, every one of them was so full of their own self importance that they forgot what they where suppose to manage city. We have all been there before, and the last thing we need is another shity manager to screw up a once in a lifetime opportunity.

RK may not have the tactical ability of MON but like MON he is not an over confident, cocky arrogant big headed manager. He is down to earth, knows he has a lot to learn and takes a cautious approach to his decisions and that is what we need. We do not need some big name manager with a pre-conceived plan that has failed many times before to come in and waste money buying a bunch of under performing tosser’s.

When RK fails then I will be the first to criticise but until he does get of his case and go back to moaning about the price of the pies.

It is not his fault that the club has no money and that we are short of players, so how can you blame RK for our current situation IMO he has done well with the resources available. When RK has done something that draws any blame, then criticise him until then get of his case.

I would rather see Kelly stay on and given the opportunity to prove him self under the right circumstances. Than get in some self centred, egotistic manager, who thinks he knows it all, yet knows nothing and wastes any money MM may spend on players.

All where crap, all where suppose to be experienced, all where suppose to be good for city, not one was. They where crap, every one of them was so full of their own self importance that they forgot what they where suppose to manage city. We have all been there before, and the last thing we need is another shity manager to screw up a once in a lifetime opportunity.

RK may not have the tactical ability of MON but like MON he is not an over confident, cocky arrogant big headed manager. He is down to earth, knows he has a lot to learn and takes a cautious approach to his decisions and that is what we need. We do not need some big name manager with a pre-conceived plan that has failed many times before to come in and waste money buying a bunch of under performing tosser’s.

When RK fails then I will be the first to criticise but until he does get of his case and go back to moaning about the price of the pies.

Reasons why I sometimes criticise Rob Kelly.

1) He plays 5, sometimes 6 defenders in his startin XI in some matches.

2) 18 league games have gone and he still allows our team to hoof the ball up to our small and lightweight strikers.

3) We had a very small budget, so he wasted it on defenders and 2 crap midfielders.

4) We looked very un-fit when the season started.

The list could go on. I'm not one for mindless criticism, I like to back our managers (I did with Levein right up until last christmas!) I just see signs of Kelly being out of his depth here.

The reason he's played 6 defenders in the side is sometimes it is square pegs to fit round holes - the team at the start of the season was the same one (less Joey) that played so well in the last 16 games of last season.

RK is managing with one hand (at least) tied behind his back. He's got in players for the right price, hoping they can do the job. If they can't, they'll be gone in the close season. The 'hoofball' tactic isn't planned but as a result of players low on confidence and with no options in front of them i.e. movement. Preston passed it around as they all looked confident on the ball and that comes from winning games, simple.....

Get off RK's back, get behind the team, support the MM takeover, support RK when he gets some money to spend on transfers - AND THEN JUDGE HIM ON HIS PERFORMANCE!

I wouldn't say he is being attacked, more questioned and rightly so.

We are once again in a relagation battle and he was given some money to bring in players during the summer and he made a hash of it on 3 possibley all four.

He didn't even have the squad fot enough to play at the start of the season yet we get excuse after excuse from apologists who says he need experience, the man has been around football all his life FFS.

This is the here and now, he has been part of the mediocrity that has plauged the Club for 3 seasons. Why should he be given any more opportunity when it is plain to see we have made no improvement whatsoever (in fact we're in a worse position than we were this time last season). So this he is an excellent coach arguement is a bit of 'myth' as he has done nothing to improve any of our players, I would go as far to say McCarthey has even regressed although he was never that good anyway. Hughes has gone backwards and Wesolowki is never fit. Stearman has been shunted all over the park and has been by in large woeful this term.

So I reckon there is more than enough evidence to suggest we need someone who knows what they are doing.

Sorry I don't quite get you there, but going back to RK he was part of the much maligned Levein era in fact he was the number 2. The fact he escaped the cull was laughable and the fact he was given the job full time after our performance through April was even more mind boggling.

MON unlike RK is successful and a winner but lets not harp back to bygone days.

How can he have a lot to learn??? He was a pro footballer and a coach what does he need to learn? Furthermore why should we languish in relegation sight while he figures it out?

Where has all this rubbish come from that people can't question or criticise? We have put up with crap for too long.

Still no one has presented any evidence that RK is a good coach.

The reason he's played 6 defenders in the side is sometimes it is square pegs to fit round holes - the team at the start of the season was the same one (less Joey) that played so well in the last 16 games of last season.

RK is managing with one hand (at least) tied behind his back. He's got in players for the right price, hoping they can do the job. If they can't, they'll be gone in the close season. The 'hoofball' tactic isn't planned but as a result of players low on confidence and with no options in front of them i.e. movement. Preston passed it around as they all looked confident on the ball and that comes from winning games, simple.....

Get off RK's back, get behind the team, support the MM takeover, support RK when he gets some money to spend on transfers - AND THEN JUDGE HIM ON HIS PERFORMANCE!

I'm judging him on his performance NOW. I'm fed up of looking to the future because over the past 3 years it's not been at all rosy and having blind faith that it will get better under the current regime has deluded a lot of us. I was slow on the uptake with Levein and when it dawned on me, I couldn't believe hoiw naive i'd been. I'm all up for the Mandaric take-over, but i'm just not optimistic that Kelly is good enough to provide us success and i'm not convinced he's a Mandaric sort of manager either.

The team didn't play well in the last 16 games of last season. It sometimes won points and it fought well for most of that time. We took eight points from our last seven games. Everything else you say explains why some people are so concerned.

a) He doesn't have to play people out of position.

b) His constraints are no worse than lots of managers.

c) You wouldn't wait until the "close season" to mend your car, would you?

d) Confidence is down to the manager.

e) Having no movement/no options is down to the manager's team selection.

f) He is being judged on performance.

That's it.

I'm signing him on football manager.

Any of the others still going?

Gary Mills? Phil Gee? Steve Thompson? Steve Agnew? etc?

You might be able to get Phillpot, he's at Harrogate, or was not to long ago.

Fenton was at Blyth Spartans.

Rowett is at Burton.

Guppy is at Stevenage.

The team didn't play well in the last 16 games of last season. It sometimes won points and it fought well for most of that time. We took eight points from our last seven games. Everything else you say explains why some people are so concerned.

It's post like this that remind me that you are very astute when it comes to knowledge on football. :D I totally agree with all of this.

C'mon Thracian, he's a great coach.

So many on here say so but can't produce one iota of evidence to support their claims.

Then when those that produce reasoned and correct arguements against they are brandished trouble makers. I think it's just people hate seeing their misguided blind faith being ripped up in front of them and they are not big enough to admit they were foolish.

C'mon Thracian, he's a great coach.

So many on here say so but can't produce one iota of evidence to support their claims.

Then when those that produce reasoned and correct arguements against they are brandished trouble makers. I think it's just people hate seeing their misguided blind faith being ripped up in front of them and they are not big enough to admit they were foolish.

1 piece of evidence that I will give Kelly is his transformation of Paddy Kisnorbo. Ok, so it was mainly just a position change that has bought this complete transformation, but fair play for playing him at centre half and fair play for re-building his confidence.

Other than that, i'm struggling.

Archived