Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Best Passer?

If you go on itv teletext page 567 you will see who our best 3 midfielders are. :thumbup:

In reply to your quote of my post, you go on like Porter is the best thing since slice bread. Your bias to him is unbelievable. If he really was that good he'd still be in the starting XI.

Don't get me wrong i think Porter isa good player and a great prospect, but he isn't as good as your making him out to be.

If you go on itv teletext page 567 you will see who are best 3 midfielders are. :thumbup:

In reply to your quote of my post, you go on like Porter is the best thing since slice bread. Your bias to him is unbelievable. If he really was that good he'd still be in the starting XI.

Don't get me wrong i think Porter isa good player and a great prospect, but he isn't as good as your making him out to be.

numpty... you had a go at someone in the "kop" thread for spelling Quiet, Quite...

People who live in glasshouses my son!

I guess it all depends on your definition, best could just mean accurate, Lennon never passed it very far but they nearly always reached their destination. William's passes on the other hand are more imaginative and are therefore likely to fail more often.

I would have said Williams is the most imaginative, Hume, Porter, Wesolowski, and even McAuley are all pretty accurate/consistent, well at least for this league.

Unfortunately or fortunately being Williams he's not involved in the games as much as the others so, when he does make a decent pass it's very noticable.

Williams is the only player in our squad with anything approaching a decent range of passing. I've never seen Porter pass the ball more than 10 yards. :blink:

Presumably you don't count corners. :whistle:

Crosses are a bit wasted in our team seeing we're short in the box at the best of times and when there is anyone they're certainly not aerial players.

When the big lads come up for set plays he's delivered the ball as well as anyone.

Williams is our best passer by miles. It's just a shame we can't keep him fit any play him every week :(

Our back line is awful at passing, and so is part of our midfield for that matter

Agreed 100%.

BTW people who say Hughes might be the best passer have been clouded by his sideways and backward passes that are so simple. When have you ever seen him play a defence-splitting through ball?

Agreed 100%.

BTW people who say Hughes might be the best passer have been clouded by his sideways and backward passes that are so simple. When have you ever seen him play a defence-splitting through ball?

Hughes plays the very rare defense-splitting pass, but people don't seem to remember them because the rest of his passes are easy, simple and often uneffective. Other than Williams, we don't really have a player to supply the killer ball, which is why players like Fryatt do not score as many as they are capable of :(

Williams. But Sylla comes close 2nd. You may laugh but i think he is a great passer and has the brain aswell. He seems to do well against bigger teams because they tend to slow down the play, the way he likes to play. Look at his 2 passes to Hume against plymouth for example, one of which our god-like striker converted. :thumbup:

Williams. But Sylla comes close 2nd. You may laugh but i think he is a great passer and has the brain aswell. He seems to do well against bigger teams because they tend to slow down the play, the way he likes to play. Look at his 2 passes to Hume against plymouth for example, one of which our god-like striker converted. :thumbup:

Well here's something to cheer you. He leads the assists chart in the League this season with three. I think that's three more than last season but so what, it's an improvement. Not quite sure what qualifies as an assist in the stats but I'd guess final pass before a goal.

Well here's something to cheer you. He leads the assists chart in the League this season with three. I think that's three more than last season but so what, it's an improvement. Not quite sure what qualifies as an assist in the stats but I'd guess final pass before a goal.

ha ha.

Archived