Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Smokers

The smoking lads at the back in E3  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do I:

• Ask them to stop & get insulted for each game thereonin?
    • Move seats?
    • Dob them in to a steward?
    • Write to the club?

I can really sympathise the reasons why the people who do smoke during the game, but as someone who abides by the rules, and doesn't smoke during games, it really pisses me off that people do smoke against the rules.
It pisses me off too, as I feel I then treat all smokers with the same disdain. Responsible and mature smokers, and I know a few, are paying the price for the selfish (what seems like) majority who don't give a flying f*** about the rest of us. We are all entitled to "breathe wholesome air", I was reading in my notes last night on nuisance. Hmmm......

Is the gist of what you are saying "it's always been the way, so put up and shut up"? If that is so, here is my counter-argument. The same can also be said of slave labour, pressganging, and a whole load of other issues which, thankfully, society has deemed unacceptable.

an opinion was asked for and i gave my opinion on that issue (smoking) the issues you have brought up don't happen in football.

Not that i do but if i did agree with these "unacceptable" issues if i am asked for an opinion i will give it as i se it

:cool:

I am being "boring", according to a PM I received, for suggesting that people should abide by the club rule. I, it transpires, am the reason that there's no atmosphere in the Kop anymore.

He went on to tell me in another PM "Hope your not sitting near me at Derby or i may blow smoke on you!!" How Billy Bolloxforbrains is that?!

I'm no going to get all high and mighty about having no smoking stadia - if smoking hadn't been banned then so be it, but it has. The response, it seems, from a lot of smokers is the typically selfish and arrogant one.

The guys at the back, fair play to them, make a lot of noise. But...that doesn't then give them the right to behave in a way that they have been asked not to. In fact, far from me having to move to the Family Stand to avoid them (you didn't get the irony in my reply to you, did you sad little boy :rolleyes: ) - I'll see them kicked out of the ground first.

I really don't see how the kop being non smoking affects the atmosphere.

I've also smoked on and off for about 6 years and I dont see how you can gag for a fag after 45 minutes. Maybe if your drinking beer I could understand wanting one but seeing as you can't drink on in the stands either it's a non issue.

CONTROVERSIAL POST ALERT!!! NEE NAR NEE NAR!

Ok I am not condoneing smoking in the ground, but it is a human right, like drinking alcohol and having sex with sheep...ah no, thats merely a derbyshire by law, but still a coice made by people.

Can I therefore ask that whenever I buy a seat on my own that I should be pre-warned that I am in a 3.10/4.30 seat... so that I can choose a different one..

YOu know the seats I mean, they have several empty seats around them until 3.10 when suddenly a group of beligierent piss'eds appear and proceed to give me grief of the earole often to the point of vomitting on some poor unsuspecting in front until 4.30 when they all stumble off to the pub.. these seats are also vacated at 3.30 until 4.10

an opinion was asked for and i gave my opinion on that issue (smoking) the issues you have brought up don't happen in football.

Not that i do but if i did agree with these "unacceptable" issues if i am asked for an opinion i will give it as i se it

:cool:

The issue is wider than football, and affects all aspects of our society. In a few months smoking will be banned from most places in this country. Regardless of the club's policy, smoking in the stadium will be banned by law.

I'm with Disco Bob and by association Hullfox and Manwell Pablo.

We're a merry gang.

Jelly babies for all (I've got dibs on the pink ones).

Swap my pinks for your reds?

The issue is wider than football, and affects all aspects of our society. In a few months smoking will be banned from most places in this country. Regardless of the club's policy, smoking in the stadium will be banned by law.

When does that actually come in?

It will be outlawed altogether in the near future imo, and then we'll all be moaning coz we have to pay an extra £500 each on our council tax. :unsure:

Oh sorry i forgot this forum is full of students, who pay nothing.

I'm going to be in the minority here but for god sake its the football ,as marie antoinette said "let em spark up on a matchday".

I absolutely hate detest smoking my family have died from it, but i believe people should be able to do as they please at the footy IMHO

I know people will come back and say i don't want to sit next to smokers but its the football, seems to me that just like pubs if you don't want to breathe others smoke dont go or sit somewhere else harsh but there you have it

Or if these ignorant pillocks can't keep their obnoxious habit to themselves.....they might choose to stay away from the ground.

Most offices and factories that have a no smoking on site policy, also have a reduced rate of insurance, if this is the case at the Walkers maybe those wanting to complain about the smoking, should complain to the clubs insurers and not the club!

Maybe the club will start to take it serious when their premiums are raised :unsure:

I think it would be beneficial to shove these twats under the banner of "twats" rather than "smokers".

Forget the atmosphere for a second, there isn't one anyway even with kids spitting on fellow fans and smoking. It's a sad world where you can go to the football in this sanitised environment and feel threatened by fellow fans. You see and hear so many bad things about the back of the Kop, and this is the toned-down Kop-lite that isn't a patch on the good ole days of Filbo.

Focking chav kids.

...Dob em in Bobby Boy!!!!

Dear Mr D.Bob,

Thank you for your e mail.

Perhaps you could advise me of your seat details and that of the other supporters. I can then investigate and get back to you.

I will be able to deal with the smoking issue.

Thank you for your assistance.

Yours sincerely

Peter Jones

Supporter Relations Manager

Leicester City FC

0116 229 4527

Archived