Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Smokers

The smoking lads at the back in E3  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do I:

• Ask them to stop & get insulted for each game thereonin?
    • Move seats?
    • Dob them in to a steward?
    • Write to the club?

There's a whole host of habits that I have that would probably disgust other people...and so I don't push them into their faces.

I really resent sitting and sharing a packet of fags with other people when I am not a smoker and the Walkers is a "No Smoking" stadium. Then, when I go for a piss, it's like I have just inhaled another forty fags.

There's a place to go if they want to spark up - why don't they use it and why doesn't anyone in the ground enforce the no smoking policy?

What do you reckon?

There's a whole host of habits that I have that would probably disgust other people...and so I don't push them into their faces.

I really resent sitting and sharing a packet of fags with other people when I am not a smoker and the Walkers is a "No Smoking" stadium. Then, when I go for a piss, it's like I have just inhaled another forty fags.

There's a place to go if they want to spark up - why don't they use it and why doesn't anyone in the ground enforce the no smoking policy?

What do you reckon?

I'm going to be in the minority here but for god sake its the football ,as marie antoinette said "let em spark up on a matchday".

I absolutely hate detest smoking my family have died from it, but i believe people should be able to do as they please at the footy IMHO

I know people will come back and say i don't want to sit next to smokers but its the football, seems to me that just like pubs if you don't want to breathe others smoke dont go or sit somewhere else harsh but there you have it

I'm going to be in the minority here but for god sake its the football ,as marie antoinette said "let em spark up on a matchday".

I absolutely hate detest smoking my family have died from it, but i believe people should be able to do as they please at the footy IMHO

I know people will come back and say i don't want to sit next to smokers but its the football, seems to me that just like pubs if you don't want to breathe others smoke dont go or sit somewhere else harsh but there you have it

I don't.

If the stadium declares itself to be "No Smoking" then that is what it should be.

If I go into a pub then I know what I am walking into - and if it advertises itself as a no smoking pub then you know it will be enforced.

Just because "it's the footy" doesn't mean anyone should do what they want regardless. That is quite lame; would you accept racist chanting? Nazi salutes? Objects being thrown at players? People urinating in the stands? Violent and intimidating behaviour?

I don't.

If the stadium declares itself to be "No Smoking" then that is what it should be.

If I go into a pub then I know what I am walking into - and if it advertises itself as a no smoking pub then you know it will be enforced.

Just because "it's the footy" doesn't mean anyone should do what they want regardless. That is quite lame; would you accept racist chanting? Nazi salutes? Objects being thrown at players? People urinating in the stands? Violent and intimidating behaviour?

I take your point as you have made it well the answer is no it would not tollerate all those v. extreme behaviours, but ever since i was a kid people smoked at the football and no one thought to think of me at the time, i didn't care and i still don't as i grew up smell ing cigar smoke wafting across from time to time and i associate it with Filbo so that is why i don't mind it.

I take your point, not everyone will be happy with a complete ban or completely frr to smoke policy but I don't care because either way it does not effect me, you asked for my opinion so once again there you have it :thumbup:

I don't.

Depends which player.

I'm with the bobster on this one, if it's a none smoking area don't smoke in it, you can manage 45 minutes without a fag no matter how many you smoke.

You wouldn't spark up in the cinema would you.

I don't.

Have you honestly ever seen that happen?

Depends which player.

I'm with the bobster on this one, if it's a none smoking area don't smoke in it, you can manage 45 minutes without a fag no matter how many you smoke.

You wouldn't spark up in the cinema would you.

But people used to...I remember it was almost compulsory. :D

I think it is just that some people have issues with respect and observing rules.

But people used to...I remember it was almost compulsory. :D

I think it is just that some people have issues with respect and observing rules.

Suggestion...

If someone lights up and no one has a prob with it then alls well and good

If some one lights up and you do have a problem you should inform that it is a non smoking area, if they persist then tell a steward, if the steward is not a jobsworth then write to the club

Can't be fairer than that eh?

If some one lights up and you do have a problem you should inform that it is a non smoking area

Is there anyone that doesn't know that the Walkers is a no-smoking stadium already?

Seriously, what do you think the response would be if I was to say something to the seven half-pissed lads behind me that hold their fags down by my head so they don't get seen?

"Oh, sorry mate, we didn't realise"? I don't reckon :P

Is there anyone that doesn't know that the Walkers is a no-smoking stadium already?

Seriously, what do you think the response would be if I was to say something to the seven half-pissed lads behind me that hold their fags down by my head so they don't get seen?

"Oh, sorry mate, we didn't realise"? I don't reckon :P

Hmmmmmm, I know what you mean, and you risk a punch up!!!

This has been discussed in quite a heated way in the past on here. I really don't see why non-smokers have to breathe in the fags of smokers, particularly, as DB says at a non smoking stadium like the Walkers. Dob em in Bobby Boy!!!!

Have you honestly ever seen that happen?

Many a time, but in the old decrepit standing only stadiums, where there was one toilet for 5000 fans. I've also seen people piss into a bottle and then pass it around as a drink, caught a few out, not that I was involved either way.

I am being "boring", according to a PM I received, for suggesting that people should abide by the club rule. I, it transpires, am the reason that there's no atmosphere in the Kop anymore.

He went on to tell me in another PM "Hope your not sitting near me at Derby or i may blow smoke on you!!" How Billy Bolloxforbrains is that?!

I'm no going to get all high and mighty about having no smoking stadia - if smoking hadn't been banned then so be it, but it has. The response, it seems, from a lot of smokers is the typically selfish and arrogant one.

The guys at the back, fair play to them, make a lot of noise. But...that doesn't then give them the right to behave in a way that they have been asked not to. In fact, far from me having to move to the Family Stand to avoid them (you didn't get the irony in my reply to you, did you sad little boy :rolleyes: ) - I'll see them kicked out of the ground first.

I am being "boring", according to a PM I received, for suggesting that people should abide by the club rule. I, it transpires, am the reason that there's no atmosphere in the Kop anymore.

He went on to tell me in another PM "Hope your not sitting near me at Derby or i may blow smoke on you!!" How Billy Bolloxforbrains is that?!

I'm no going to get all high and mighty about having no smoking stadia - if smoking hadn't been banned then so be it, but it has. The response, it seems, from a lot of smokers is the typically selfish and arrogant one.

The guys at the back, fair play to them, make a lot of noise. But...that doesn't then give them the right to behave in a way that they have been asked not to. In fact, far from me having to move to the Family Stand to avoid them (you didn't get the irony in my reply to you, did you sad little boy :rolleyes: ) - I'll see them kicked out of the ground first.

Who PM you, DB, a shoe-ing maybe in order???

but ever since i was a kid people smoked at the football and no one thought to think of me at the time,
Is the gist of what you are saying "it's always been the way, so put up and shut up"? If that is so, here is my counter-argument. The same can also be said of slave labour, pressganging, and a whole load of other issues which, thankfully, society has deemed unacceptable.

I'm a smoker and I really love smoking during a game. I really hated it when they told me I couldn't smoke during the game, then not at half time in my seat. Non-smokers may not realise but its hard not to want one during the game, even for 45 minutes, when you've had a few beers, and the game is really tense. Did I really want one against villa or what.

I didn't have one though, I respect the rules of the stadium, even though I am gasping at times! I do think there should be something for smokers, ie a designated smoking or non-smoking area. But I know it'll never happen, so i'm resigned to never smoking whilst at a live game in this country again.

I can really sympathise the reasons why the people who do smoke during the game, but as someone who abides by the rules, and doesn't smoke during games, it really pisses me off that people do smoke against the rules.

Report them DB, Unless you want some aggro, don't mention it direct to them, or even tell a steward as they will realise it was you. Write to the club instead and get them to do something about it.

The Don

Chairman of the "lets have an area where we can smoke and stand" association.

Archived