Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nosowicz

An Assessment the Morning After.........

Last night, when I got home from the game, I felt as low as I have for a long time in terms of the quality of perfomance and the future of Leicester City.

Yesterday's performance was very poor, but with effort shown by quite a number of players, proving that success is via a team effort.

The game was a perfoamnce that could cost the Manager his job, yes it was that poor, and at a time where the club will be taken over and rumours that the new owner will want his own manager in place (Jamie Redknap is the suggested name).

I beleive it is time for change and very quickly before we lose the investement and our footing in the Championship.

My biggest disapointment of the game though was the disgraceful performance of Mike Stowell, sent off yet again. This show's he is not up to the job and is no motivator and manager of the team. I would look to remove Mike of his role and return him to the task of goalkeeping coach (if he is to stay at the club).

Rob Kelly has given heart and soul to the team and I feel is a very good coach who is well respected by the players, but now finding management now a real challenge My suggestion would be to let the new owner bring in his man and place him alongside Rob Kelly. They are two grown men if they want success let them decide how the roles will work!

Now for the players. This is my brief view of each player we have and what I would suggest we do (if anything) with them:

Goalkeepers

Conrad Logan - Keep him, a very good prospect

Paul Henderson - An able back up keeper

Rab Douglas - Injuries have caused problems, release or sell

Defence

Alan Maybury - Works hard and is OK as back up not main selection

Richard Stearman - Excellent prospect should be in long term plans

Paddy McCarthy - Passionate player, who needs to stay

Patrick Kisnorbo - A versitile player who has worked hard

Darren Kenton - Not a main stay, release or sell

Gareth McAuley - Improving the more he plays, but prone to errors

Nils-Eric Johanson - Experience we need at the back

Midfield

Stephen Hughes - A real workhorse, but needs to remain central

Gareth Williams - Strugling to return to form, consider options

Danny Tiato - Has his moments, but needs to be replaced

Josh Low - To many basic errors, sell and replace

Andy Johnson - No place in the division, release

Momo Sylla - OK as back up or option, give one last chance

Levi Porter - Excellent prospect should be in long term plans

James Weslowski - Excellent prospect should be in long term plans

Forwards

Ian Hume - A passionate player with a future

Matty Fryatt - A squad player but nothing more

Chris O'Grady - A prospect who should be in long term plans

Elvis Hammond - A squad player but nothing more

So as you can see we have issues and no money to spend. Get the scout's out there and beg steal and borrow players to replace those who are not up to the job.

We need with immedate effect the minimum of the following

2 Forwards who are proven goalscorers and target men

1 Wide midfield player for the right hand side

1 Holding midfield player who can become the playmaker

1 Midfield general to play alongside Hughes and who will stop anyone

A leader on the pitch who can communicate to all

I am sure many will disagree with my views but, with January approaching, we need to be planning serious surgery to the squad and moving on players and staff who are not performing (Stowell, Low, Johnson, Kenton, Tiato, Douglas and possibly, Williams, Fryatt & Sylla)

It is going to be a bumby ride over the next few weeks, but with swift action by the custodians of the club, I am sure the (current) Manager and new additions to his team can pull this off, but only if the ownership is sorted within 7 days, so plans can be made and funds available for the transfer window, as to move players on can be more time consuming as bringing more in, but we must do this.

Last night, when I got home from the game, I felt as low as I have for a long time in terms of the quality of perfomance and the future of Leicester City.

Yesterday's performance was very poor, but with effort shown by quite a number of players, proving that success is via a team effort.

The game was a perfoamnce that could cost the Manager his job, yes it was that poor, and at a time where the club will be taken over and rumours that the new owner will want his own manager in place (Jamie Redknap is the suggested name).

I beleive it is time for change and very quickly before we lose the investement and our footing in the Championship.

My biggest disapointment of the game though was the disgraceful performance of Mike Stowell, sent off yet again. This show's he is not up to the job and is no motivator and manager of the team. I would look to remove Mike of his role and return him to the task of goalkeeping coach (if he is to stay at the club).

Rob Kelly has given heart and soul to the team and I feel is a very good coach who is well respected by the players, but now finding management now a real challenge My suggestion would be to let the new owner bring in his man and place him alongside Rob Kelly. They are two grown men if they want success let them decide how the roles will work!

Now for the players. This is my brief view of each player we have and what I would suggest we do (if anything) with them:

Goalkeepers

Defence

Midfield

Danny Tiato - Has his moments, but needs to be replaced

Andy Johnson - No place in the division, release

Forwards

Matty Fryatt - A squad player but nothing more

So as you can see we have issues and no money to spend. Get the scout's out there and beg steal and borrow players to replace those who are not up to the job.

We need with immedate effect the minimum of the following

2 Forwards who are proven goalscorers and target men

1 Wide midfield player for the right hand side

A leader on the pitch who can communicate to all

I am sure many will disagree with my views but, with January approaching, we need to be planning serious surgery to the squad and moving on players and staff who are not performing (Stowell, Low, Johnson, Kenton, Tiato, Douglas and possibly, Williams, Fryatt & Sylla)

It is going to be a bumby ride over the next few weeks, but with swift action by the custodians of the club, I am sure the (current) Manager and new additions to his team can pull this off, but only if the ownership is sorted within 7 days, so plans can be made and funds available for the transfer window, as to move players on can be more time consuming as bringing more in, but we must do this.

Everyone, including me, is sure to disagree with certain aspects of what you say in a fairly comprehensive post. For a start I'd put Kelly on the same bus as Stowell.

But, if all the rest came to pass, and assuming the replacement players were better than their predecesors, then we'd have a much better team.

Once the new management was established, I'd start by buying a leader. Someone with ability themselves who reads the game, who instinctively rectifies tactical flaws and can get the best out of his team-mates.

Manwell will know where he is!. :D

Or we can place an ad. Undiscovered genius wanted for ailing championship side. :whistle:

i would ship out hughes , johnson , low , welsh and nissa is going to leave anyway isnt he?

i can see williams going too because he cant have too long left on his contract and certainly douglas should be dumped at the first opportunity :thumbup:

a new midfield should breathe life back into our strikforce and help solidify the defence , if we can get the players at this stage of the season.

Same thing innit, and the leader on the pitch could be anyone.

We don't need four players to stay up anyway.

What you need depends on your ambition.

What you need depends on your ambition.

But we don't need anyone because we've got players like Dodds and Hammond, and if we play attacking football with overlapping wing-backs and Porter orchestrating the midfield, we will score three figures over a season. ;)

It's either/or for me. Integrating five new signings or youth team players into this disorganised rabble will be less effective than bringing in a manager who will play to our existing players' strengths and make one or two signings in key areas in my opinion.

i would ship out hughes , johnson , low , welsh and nissa is going to leave anyway isnt he?

i can see williams going too because he cant have too long left on his contract and certainly douglas should be dumped at the first opportunity :thumbup:

a new midfield should breathe life back into our strikforce and help solidify the defence , if we can get the players at this stage of the season.

Sadly its not as easy as getting rid of players just like that. We need to be able to get players in to replace them first and then at the end of the season look to sort the squad out.

But we don't need anyone because we've got players like Dodds and Hammond, and if we play attacking football with overlapping wing-backs and Porter orchestrating the midfield, we will score three figures over a season. ;)

It's either/or for me. Integrating five new signings or youth team players into this disorganised rabble will be less effective than bringing in a manager who will play to our existing players' strengths and make one or two signings in key areas in my opinion.

Leroy Potter could be our version of Andy Reid. ;):thumbup:

Here's my view:

Conrad Logan - Keep him, a good prospect

Paul Henderson - An able back up keeper (just about)

Rab Douglas - A liability - sell

Defence

Alan Maybury - Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. A liability - sell

Richard Stearman - Excellent prospect should be in long term plans (but playing in the right position)

Paddy McCarthy - Passionate player but a total liability. Off of the pitch more than he's on it - sell

Patrick Kisnorbo - A key player and vital to our plans for the future

Darren Kenton - A very good prospect

Gareth McAuley - Started off well but has been too sloppy of late - needs to improve if he's to stay

Nils-Eric Johanson - Another key player in our defence. Highly experienced (so why's he not playing??)

Midfield

Stephen Hughes - Weak, inconsistant, makes very little effort, poor team player. Out of his depth - sell

Gareth Williams - Has potential (when he's fit)

Danny Tiato - Has his moments. Worth keeping as a squad player

Josh Low - Out of his depth - sell

Andy Johnson - Pisspoor - sell

Momo Sylla - Hs has had his chances and failed to impress - sell

Forwards

Ian Hume - Premiership class and leads by example. Needs a more able strike partner

Matty Fryatt - Premiership potential last season. Conference potential this season. What's gone wrong?

Chris O'Grady - Has failed to make his mark whenever he's played - sell

Elvis Hammond - Infuriating at times but has potential

We have the makings of a good team if we get rid of the dross and dead wood and bring in some new faces. But who? :whistle:

I was away over the weekend, and got back to see this trash.

WTF happened? Can someone summarise in a sentence or two??

4-1 to Wednesday at home... seriously. There's no excuse for that, it's just fooking poor.

Kelly's lost the plot. The ref was Wednesday's 12th man. :mad:

Goalkeepers

Defence

Midfield

Danny Tiato - Has his moments, but needs to be replaced (He is the only passionate player along with McCarthy - has to stay. He can teach Levi a thing or two as well)

Andy Johnson - No place in the division, release (He has the experience and is an able back up)

Forwards

Matty Fryatt - A squad player but nothing more (He definitely has a future)

The stuff in bold is what I don't argee with and I have put in brackets why, just my view.

Here's my view:

Conrad Logan - Keep him, a good prospect

Paul Henderson - An able back up keeper (just about)

Rab Douglas - A liability - sell

Defence

Alan Maybury - Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. A liability - sell

Richard Stearman - Excellent prospect should be in long term plans (but playing in the right position)

Paddy McCarthy - Passionate player but a total liability. Off of the pitch more than he's on it - sell

Patrick Kisnorbo - A key player and vital to our plans for the future

Darren Kenton - A very good prospect

Gareth McAuley - Started off well but has been too sloppy of late - needs to improve if he's to stay

Nils-Eric Johanson - Another key player in our defence. Highly experienced (so why's he not playing??)

Midfield

Stephen Hughes - Weak, inconsistant, makes very little effort, poor team player. Out of his depth - sell

Gareth Williams - Has potential (when he's fit)

Danny Tiato - Has his moments. Worth keeping as a squad player

Josh Low - Out of his depth - sell

Andy Johnson - Pisspoor - sell

Momo Sylla - Hs has had his chances and failed to impress - sell

Forwards

Ian Hume - Premiership class and leads by example. Needs a more able strike partner

Matty Fryatt - Premiership potential last season. Conference potential this season. What's gone wrong?

Chris O'Grady - Has failed to make his mark whenever he's played - sell

Elvis Hammond - Infuriating at times but has potential

We have the makings of a good team if we get rid of the dross and dead wood and bring in some new faces. But who? :whistle:

I don't think there will be many leaving January, if RK stays but I would suggest RK will buy players in the aim of surviving the drop!!

If RK, is replaced, he\she will have there own ideas and will make there own judgements. All I can say is that they don't have much to work with.........I can imagine whole sale changes, but maybe not in jan!!

I can understand the difference to my opinions, but I stand by my view that a need for changes, not just four players, but the removal of the poor players as thier performance (on and off the pitch) effect the others.

There is a difference between a holding midfield player and a midfield general, and a leader could be anyone, but do we have one?

There is a distinct lack of leadership in football teams today, so it will not be easy to find, but we could accomodate a leader into the team in most positions if what he added in driving positive moral and communicating during the game were his key skills.

What are the options if the club did nothing?

It doesn't bear thinking about

I would keep 7 players out of the current crock of shite. Kisnorbo , Hume , Williams , Weso , Porter , Stearman and Fryatt.

All the rest are ****ing wasters.

Logan is a waster? I mean you seriously wouldn't keep Logan?

I would keep 7 players out of the current crock of shite. Kisnorbo , Hume , Williams , Weso , Porter , Stearman and Fryatt.

All the rest are ****ing wasters.

What, no Logan? :o

Or Henderson?

Or McCarthy?

Williams MUST deliver in the next few weeks. Otherwise, we can ship him out too..

Archived