Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

The True Leicester City FC fan

Are you suggesting that by removing the flask brigade, and hence a fair number of supporters, you could actually improve the atmosphere? Despite having fewer people in the stadium? :|

Yes :ph34r:

I mean no :ph34r:

The flask brigade add to the atmosphere with the occasional ripple of applause and the rustling of their sandwich papers, but that's all :ph34r:

Removing them would remove an awful lot of noise!!!

Replace them all with LWICD. He's a very passionate guy. Will Standupandsing even at 1-4 down whilst surrounded by the Flask Brigade. Legendary foxile :thumbup:

They may be city fans but they're boring and the reason why the ground has a poor atmosphere week in week out IMO. but thats another debate. Maybe we should have a stand for the Flask brigade?

:unsure::thumbup:

I thought we already had THREE! (North, East and West Stands)

A true fan is someone that supports the club through thick and thin.

If we got relegated they would still support the club and would still admit to their support.

I dont believe going to every match is a necessity as some of us fans cannot afford to pay the high prices involved, but lets just say IF I could afford to go I would go to every game and stay until the very last kick of the game.

A true fan is someone that supports the club through thick and thin.

If we got relegated they would still support the club and would still admit to their support.

I dont believe going to every match is a necessity as some of us fans cannot afford to pay the high prices involved, but lets just say IF I could afford to go I would go to every game and stay until the very last kick of the game.

Nailed. :thumbup:

I associate with the club even when we're not very good. Though I guess I'm 'cheating' somewhat as I'm surrounded by people who don't know where the hell Leicester is... :ph34r:

Not to get too soppy but to me it's all about passion and love for the club.

Kind of like loving your girlfriend or wife. Yeah, maybe she will look a bit rough now and then but you don't stop loving her do you?

Same with Leicester... at the minute they're an ugly heffer of a football team but give it time, a bit of a Mandaric makover and the beauty will shine through again!

They may be city fans but they're boring and the reason why the ground has a poor atmosphere week in week out IMO. but thats another debate. Maybe we should have a stand for the Flask brigade?

:unsure::thumbup:

We do, it's called the West Stand :banana::ph34r:

I'm surrounded by people who don't know where the hell Leicester is... :ph34r:

same here, get tired of people asking "is it not a pain to travel to london every other week", "erm nah, thats leicester square you're thinking of". i even got into a fight during a screening of the england portugal game because some bloke ranted on about hating cockneys then pushed me. also my mate believes everything south of york is france....

A true fan:

Feels every heartbeat of the club, all it's joy and all its despair. He would sooner watch his club play Darlington than see Chelsea versus Man United in a Cup Final. His commitment will last til the day he dies, whether his club is in the Premiership or the Conference.

A true fan is like Howard Riley who, 45 years ago, graced the best team that ever turned out for Leicester City yet can still be seen in the stands and on the touchline supporting the teams, making himself useful, turning up at Hinckley and Barwell and Belvoir Drive and showing undiminished enthusiasm for our great but sometimes so frustrating club and always with a pleasant word for anyone who says hello.

A true fan is like the groundsman at Peterborough Milton golf club and his friend who used to travel after work to see the reserves or who would find their way to Plymouth on a cold midweek evening or Lincoln for a meaningless friendly and can tell you who played against whom far back into distant history, because they were there..

A true fan puts himself out to support his club.

A true fan might grumble about players and tactics and managers with fellow fans but will never feel comfortable about anyone else saying a single word against his club.

A true fan doesn't just feel disappointed when his club loses, he feels as if he's bleeding inside.

A true fan feels victory like an orgasmic experience or some great gush of adrenalin and the joy lasts for days.

A true fan would happily see John Barber cast drift in the Atlantic on an inflatable raft for the shameless imposter that he is.

A true fan:

Feels every heartbeat of the club, all it's joy and all its despair. He would sooner watch his club play Darlington than see Chelsea versus Man United in a Cup Final. His commitment will last til the day he dies, whether his club is in the Premiership or the Conference.

A true fan is like Howard Riley who, 45 years ago, graced the best team that ever turned out for Leicester City yet can still be seen in the stands and on the touchline supporting the teams, making himself useful, turning up at Hinckley and Barwell and Belvoir Drive and showing undiminished enthusiasm for our great but sometimes so frustrating club and always with a pleasant word for anyone who says hello.

A true fan is like the groundsman at Peterborough Milton golf club and his friend who used to travel after work to see the reserves or who would find their way to Plymouth on a cold midweek evening or Lincoln for a meaningless friendly and can tell you who played against whom far back into distant history, because they were there..

A true fan puts himself out to support his club.

A true fan might grumble about players and tactics and managers with fellow fans but will never feel comfortable about anyone else saying a single word against his club.

A true fan doesn't just feel disappointed when his club loses, he feels as if he's bleeding inside.

A true fan feels victory like an orgasmic experience or some great gush of adrenalin and the joy lasts for days.

A true fan would happily see John Barber cast drift in the Atlantic on an inflatable raft for the shameless imposter that he is.

Did I mention he was our sports teacher at King Richards Senior school....top bloke, he used to give us free tickets to city games!!!

Anyone that forks out their cash to watch us is a fan. Whether they are wearing Stone Island or having a cupa out of their flask's is irrelevant really they are still a fan of LCFC.

I couldn't have put it better myself. Not everyone who follows Leicester City can afford a season ticket or go home and away and the ones that are actually able to do that are probably in the hundreds rather thousands.

anyone who has paid to watch city have a mare and yet still wants to return for the next match.

does not matter whether they are eating prawn sarnies and drinking from flasks or singing their lungs out after having one to many and eating the lukewarm pies.

i used to be in the old kop , now i enjoy a more reflective game over in one of the corners and sometimes i take my niece who supports city no matter hao bad they are :blink:

Its having the Club in your heart, Passion, faith, paying inflated prices, watching shitty players discrase themselves in your colours and still singing the songs and going next week to some godforsaken shack where you have a shitty view its cold you get treated like a hooligan peice of dog poo and then still outsing the oppo with the BLUE ARMY!

Going somewhere awful to watch awful football, then lose and do the same next week, do that consistantly for years and then you are a Fanatic, i suppose its like being with a bird that you love you get treated like shit, lose all your money but in the end its all worth it when for a split second the good times are there and then gone in the blink of the eye like a stevie claridge shinner, a walshy headder, a Tony James Goal, a Collymore Hat-Trick, or a Savage dive ****inMagic!

Can't wait for the Wolves now I know we will lose but BRING EM ON!

Leicester, Leicester, Leicester! :scarf::cheers::dance::chant::kissing::yahoo::sweating::protest::@:banghead:

Its having the Club in your heart, Passion, faith, paying inflated prices, watching shitty players discrase themselves in your colours and still singing the songs and going next week to some godforsaken shack where you have a shitty view its cold you get treated like a hooligan peice of dog poo and then still outsing the oppo with the BLUE ARMY!

Going somewhere awful to watch awful football, then lose and do the same next week, do that consistantly for years and then you are a Fanatic, i suppose its like being with a bird that you love you get treated like shit, lose all your money but in the end its all worth it when for a split second the good times are there and then gone in the blink of the eye like a stevie claridge shinner, a walshy headder, a Tony James Goal, a Collymore Hat-Trick, or a Savage dive ****inMagic!

Can't wait for the Wolves now I know we will lose but BRING EM ON!

Leicester, Leicester, Leicester! :scarf::cheers::dance::chant::kissing::yahoo::sweating::protest::@:banghead:

in a nutshell. love it. :thumbup:

Archived