Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

The True Leicester City FC fan

There has been a load of self-proclaiming bollocks spouted since we were royally shafted by Wednesday about who is true fan of the Club.

So come on then, what makes a true fan of the Club, one who sits and accepts all the shilo on and off the field because you have to support the Club through the good and bad times?

This should be interesting!!!

There has been a load of self-proclaiming bollocks spouted since we were royally shafted by Wednesday about who is true fan of the Club.

So come on then, what makes a true fan of the Club, one who sits and accepts all the shilo on and off the field because you have to support the Club through the good and bad times?

This should be interesting!!!

Anyone who spends time or money following the club either in person or via the media.

if you're emotionally involved with a club you are a real fan, if this emotion takes the shape of going in a huff when we are doing bad then fair enough. my mother hasn't attended more than a single game this season but i can't say that makes her a bad fan as she is still gutted when we lose

A true fan is someone that goes to games we're likely to win during times when we are being successful and doesn't know the name of any of the players. This true fan can afford to buy anything in the club shop and sponsor a player should they wish, they may even buy shares in the club in order to attend games and eat sandwiches for free...until they sell their shares for at least face value. A true fan would never raise their voice during a game and would never bad mouth the management team (mainly because they wouldn't know the name of the person to complain about). That's a true fan, eh?!

A true fan is someone with the interests of the club and heart which does not necessarily constitute singing the praises of the shambles which currently run the show and wear the shirt.

A true fan is someone who supports when necessary and shouts and screams in protest when necessary. I support the club. If the players and board are genuinely doing their best for the club and of a sufficient ability to be successful then they have my support. If they are not or do not, they most certainly do not.

A true fan is someone who supports when necessary and shouts and screams in protest when necessary.

Are you saying that if someone doesn't jump up and down and doesn't throw their dummy out, they are not a true fan then?

Surely that is as bad as someone saying you aren't a true fan for moaning constantly.

People that stay to the end, and watch every minute even when your getting stuffed by sh*te teams. The Sheff Weds game was a good example, by the end of the game a good 6-7,000 had left before the last few mins - disgraceful. :mad:

:rolleyes::yawn:

People that stay to the end, and watch every minute even when your getting stuffed by sh*te teams. The Sheff Weds game was a good example, by the end of the game a good 6-7,000 had left before the last few mins - disgraceful. :mad:

They paid for the ticket and can do what they want. Doesn't mean they aren't a true fan!!

Are you saying that if someone doesn't jump up and down and doesn't throw their dummy out, they are not a true fan then?

Surely that is as bad as someone saying you aren't a true fan for moaning constantly.

Babs, I'm not saying that mate.

I may not really have expressed myself very well.

We all have our own thresholds of what is and isn't good enough or acceptable. My point is that when it becomes 'personally unacceptable', you let the club know about it, rather than happy clapping along and pretending everything is hunky dory.

I'm not accusing anyone on here of doing the latter, it's just the two extremes to prove a point.

Babs, I'm not saying that mate.

I may not really have expressed myself very well.

We all have our own thresholds of what is and isn't good enough or acceptable. My point is that when it becomes 'personally unacceptable', you let the club know about it, rather than happy clapping along and pretending everything is hunky dory.

I'm not accusing anyone on here of doing the latter, it's just the two extremes to prove a point.

I know what you're saying, but maybe the "happy clappers" do actually think things aren't that bad. Maybe to them it hasn't got to the point where it is 'personally unacceptable'.

I know what you're saying, but maybe the "happy clappers" do actually think things aren't that bad. Maybe to them it hasn't got to the point where it is 'personally unacceptable'.

I know mate, that's why I made the distinction about it being acceptable or not to different people.

I guess one argument could be that 'true' fans are the ones who keep the club going by investing their hard earned cash in the club (tickets, merchandise etc). I guess it's fair to make a distinction between those of us putting the cash in and those who just happen to follow city?

Archived