Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

The True Leicester City FC fan

I guess one argument could be that 'true' fans are the ones who keep the club going by investing their hard earned cash in the club (tickets, merchandise etc). I guess it's fair to make a distinction between those of us putting the cash in and those who just happen to follow city?

Real fans can spell the name of their hero!

People that stay to the end, and watch every minute even when your getting stuffed by sh*te teams. The Sheff Weds game was a good example, by the end of the game a good 6-7,000 had left before the last few mins - disgraceful. :mad:

I disagree leaving early isn't about being disloyal it's more about disgust!

Putting refereeing decisions and all that bollox aside losing 4-1 at home is unacceptable and a mass exodus is letting the players and the people who run the club know that you are not happy and if you're going to continue to support the club to the extent you do at present you at least want to see some effort put in by the players!

Our gates from now until the New Year will take a big drop imo people have other things to spend their money on and you can't blame them for not putting it into the coffers of a bunch of overpaid losers week in week out!

I've highlighted losers because thats what our players are losers!

I have to wonder what purpose this thread serves except to get us all arguing amonst ourselves at a time when we should be pulling together.

Does it really matter what level of 'fandom' we are at? What does it achieve by grading people as 'real' fans or not? What positives come from doing it?

I have to wonder what purpose this thread serves except to get us all arguing amonst ourselves at a time when we should be pulling together.

Does it really matter what level of 'fandom' we are at? What does it achieve by grading people as 'real' fans or not? What positives come from doing it?

I agree, we all know Ultra's the truest and biggest Leicester fan!!! :rolleyes::whistle:

Too bloody right.

Factions amongst fans doesn't achieve anything - the club is enough turmoil as it is without fans sniping at each other. We all want the club to do well, end of.

A true fan is someone who feels with the club and stays loyal through ups and downs.

In our case, everyone who's accustomized to long-lasting rollercoaster rides. Add a slight touch of suicidal tendencies to that, and you've got the LCFC fan mix.

I would say it is somebody who always dresses in their team colours (including hair dying), someone who goes to all of their teams home and away games whatever their shift is (eg. skip work :P) someone who always watches them train and has like all of their autographs. Someone who the players recognise because they see them so often.

But not someone so mad that they are seen as stalking the players.

The club would say:

A true fan is one that holds season tickets for the entire family, also the true fan:

* owns almost every product sold in the club shop

* believe the kit should be changed annually

* has booked most of the block where he sits as seats for the Foxlot

* buys both programs every week in order to collect the cards

* uses company funds to sponsor injury time during a home game

* has subscribed to the mobile phone text alerts

* has joined up for the online video service

* already has a Teamcard, and has told his friends he thinks it is a great idea

* never complains about the team, manager or administration of the club

* belongs to the Foxes Trust

* uses the phrase "we're in it together" without laughing

* uses the betting service even though he could get better odds elsewhere

* texts in a vote for man of the match

TBF anyone who follows leicester through games like saturday is a true fan in my opinion.

We are not Man Utd or Chelsea, and i doubt we have many, if any 'Glory Supporters'.

I feel at times like this it is pointless arguing who is a real fan and who is not, because anyone than can be bothered to come on here at a time like this and discuss leicester is a 'real' fan.

Lets wait till milan has us challenging for the Premiership and we actually have some 'glory supporters', then, maybe this might be a worthwhile argument.

Anyone that forks out their cash to watch us is a fan. Whether they are wearing Stone Island or having a cupa out of their flask's is irrelevant really they are still a fan of LCFC.

Why do you want flask people 'out' then? Just out of interest like

Why do you want flask people 'out' then? Just out of interest like

They may be city fans but they're boring and the reason why the ground has a poor atmosphere week in week out IMO. but thats another debate. Maybe we should have a stand for the Flask brigade?

:unsure::thumbup:

Archived