Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

BUSY BUSY BUSY

Just A Handful Of Tickets Remaining

LCFC vs BarnsleyLeicester City are expecting their biggest crowd at the Walkers Stadium for over two and a half years when Barnsley are the visitors on Saturday.

The Club's Christmas Community Fixture has proven a huge success with supporters - who have already snapped up nearly 30,000 tickets.

A handful of tickets are still available, but supporters who have not already purchased are being advised to contact the Club at the earliest possible opportunity to avoid disappointment.

A City spokesperson said: "It has been a magnificent response from the supporters, especially at this time of year when there are tremendous pressures on everyone's budgets.

"We are now asking City fans, who will be out-numbering Barnsley fans by something like 40 to one, to create a real atmosphere inside the stadium to support Rob and the players.

"This will be our biggest Championship crowd since the promotion season five years ago and our biggest since we last played in the Premiership."

Boss Rob Kelly added: "It's a terrific effort from our supporters - especially given the fact that money is tight at this time of year.

"We played in front of big crowds against both Crystal Palace and Aston Villa and performed well. It was obvious that the atmosphere inside the stadium for both of those games gave the players a real lift.

"It's our job to give the fans something to shout about. Hopefully they will then make the atmosphere inside the Walkers as intimidating as they can."

Just A Handful Of Tickets Remaining

LCFC vs BarnsleyLeicester City are expecting their biggest crowd at the Walkers Stadium for over two and a half years when Barnsley are the visitors on Saturday.

The Club's Christmas Community Fixture has proven a huge success with supporters - who have already snapped up nearly 30,000 tickets.

A handful of tickets are still available, but supporters who have not already purchased are being advised to contact the Club at the earliest possible opportunity to avoid disappointment.

A City spokesperson said: "It has been a magnificent response from the supporters, especially at this time of year when there are tremendous pressures on everyone's budgets.

"We are now asking City fans, who will be out-numbering Barnsley fans by something like 40 to one, to create a real atmosphere inside the stadium to support Rob and the players.

"This will be our biggest Championship crowd since the promotion season five years ago and our biggest since we last played in the Premiership."

Boss Rob Kelly added: "It's a terrific effort from our supporters - especially given the fact that money is tight at this time of year.

"We played in front of big crowds against both Crystal Palace and Aston Villa and performed well. It was obvious that the atmosphere inside the stadium for both of those games gave the players a real lift.

"It's our job to give the fans something to shout about. Hopefully they will then make the atmosphere inside the Walkers as intimidating as they can."

Wll 19000 is nearer 30000 than zero! so its not a lie

Arrive Early! so the OS SITE says

Leicester City are urging supporters to give themselves plenty of time to travel to Saturday's Championship clash against Barnsley.

Nearly 50,000 sports fans will be entering the city as both the Tigers and the Foxes are playing at home in front of expected sell-out crowds.

On top of this, Saturday is expected to be the busiest shopping day of the festive period, with thousands of Christmas shoppers expected at both the Shires and Fosse Park Shopping Centres.

A City spokesman said: "Our advice to City supporters is to give yourselves plenty of time to make their journey to the stadium.

"We have plenty of pre-match activity planned for Saturday, especially for the youngsters. There will be face painters, carol singers and visits from Santa and Filbert as the build up to Christmas begins in earnest."

A handful of tickets for the game remain on general sale, but supporters are being advised to purchase them without delay to avoid disappointment.

------------------

I'm sure there trying to flog the burgers somewhat and get us into the shop... :whistle:

I am hoping it's quiet today because they want to make a big show of it, like with coming out of administration and all that.

Part of me isn't that confident.

I am hoping it's quiet today because they want to make a big show of it, like with coming out of administration and all that.

Part of me isn't that confident.

I'm 50 - 50..... on the day they'll want to Gee up a 30,000+ crowd and get them onside..... but I have this feeling that it could be the news we want !!...........

Mandy is a good PR man and well I cant see them all wanting to drag it on over the Xmas period..

Please Santa (Mandy) can we have you dosh before Xmas.... ;)

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way Oh what fun it would be to have your Dosh today OH

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way Oh what fun it would be to have all your Dosh today OH

Archived