Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OriginalRobboFOX

Mexican Waves

I think it would be effective and slightly more original if you could get the whole stadium doing just the

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1....Woooooooah

in unison rather than a traditional mexican wave.

this is the first time i have felt compelled enough to post.

waves are embarrassing - your are not mexicans, you are ****s.

along with the "number 13: paul".....HENDERSON!,

the post horn gallop remix bollocks and

that shitty "we're in it together" flag; we are becoming a small time family club.

that shitty "we're in it together" flag; we are becoming a small time family club.

Note wrong wit mexican waves, although you are spot on with the rest of it.

I agree that the timing, scoreline are important to considder when starting a mexican wave, having said that its always nice to see LCFC fans joining in together for some support so I don't see the harm.

The other points are most valid & I am in agreement with you, but proberbly best to find an arguement on them, in their own topic. :thumbup:

he have always been a small family club, i would guess from that your from the "o'Neill Generation2 and think we are a big club because we had a few golden years where we MASSIVLY over achieved

Look, just sit the f**k down and let me watch the football, please!

Honestly, are we really that desperate that we celebrate as if we'd won the FA Cup when we're just 2-0 up against a relegation doomed team?

The time for Mexican waves is when we've secured promotion, whenever the hell that will be.

PS: Yes, I am in a bad mood. Sorry.

:angry:

It would look better if we had ten going at once.

Or if it was going both ways at once and where it met, people exploded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I hate them, unless it's towards the end of the game (2-3 mins) and we're winning by 2 goals or more. But they look good on TV though - whoopieshit. I just feel the players who are working for a victory deserve the attention and support from a passionate crowd and not the indifference of 25,000 people looking anyware other than what's actually going on on the pitch ready to stand up and wave like kids a Westlife gig.

Just my grumpy old opinion though.

Oh, and what's worse are the tossers who do the countdown 3...2...1..... and all that crap to get it started and try to get the crowd into it and then encourage booing of sections when then decline to take part, for ****s sake watch the game you crowd following, mobmentality minded sheep - w@nkers

Happy christmas all

Personally I hate them, unless it's towards the end of the game (2-3 mins) and we're winning by 2 goals or more. But they look good on TV though - whoopieshit. I just feel the players who are working for a victory deserve the attention and support from a passionate crowd and not the indifference of 25,000 people looking anyware other than what's actually going on on the pitch ready to stand up and wave like kids a Westlife gig.

Oh, and what's worse are the tossers who do the countdown 3...2...1..... and all that crap to get it started and try to get the crowd into it and then encourage booing of sections when then decline to take part, for ****s sake watch the game you crowd following, mobmentality minded sheep - w@nkers

Happy christmas all

Alright Ashley, you're having a crap series. No need to take it out on us though.

Happy christmas all

Correct me if i'm wrong but it was heading towards then end of the game (about 70 - 75 maybe even 80 minutes - Fair enough not 2 -3 mins but towards the end of the game) and we were winning by 2 goals! As I said correct me if i'm wrong...

Correct me if i'm wrong but it was heading towards then end of the game (about 70 - 75 maybe even 80 minutes - Fair enough not 2 -3 mins but towards the end of the game) and we were winning by 2 goals! As I said correct me if i'm wrong...

I'd say it was about 70 minutes in. Their player went down injured in their area and the kids couldn't wait two minutes without finding something to do. I thought it was pretty good actually. It suits the stadium well, and looks good in a full stadium which we've only been close to two or three times this season.

In the absence of any witty or original chants (other than from TPH on his own in C2), I'll take a Mexican wave. I like the "you should be watching the players put the effort into winning 2-0 against Barnsley" argument. The club go on about the bloody atmosphere. Had it not been for the Mexican wave, the atmosphere would have been non-existent yet again.

I'd say it was about 70 minutes in. Their player went down injured in their area and the kids couldn't wait two minutes without finding something to do. I thought it was pretty good actually. It suits the stadium well, and looks good in a full stadium which we've only been close to two or three times this season.

In the absence of any witty or original chants (other than from TPH on his own in C2), I'll take a Mexican wave. I like the "you should be watching the players put the effort into winning 2-0 against Barnsley" argument. The club go on about the bloody atmosphere. Had it not been for the Mexican wave, the atmosphere would have been non-existent yet again.

The atmosphere WAS non-existant.

I can't believe that there's critical analysis of a mexican wave, and its effects upon the outcome of a game that was already decided.

Whoops, I must behave myself!

Archived