Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mat_j101

What did anyone think of the new boys?

I though both of them looked OK, as if they could do a decent job once they both settled in a bit more

I liked Horsefields couple of flick ons, and when him and Hume were on the same page, they worked well together.

Yeates obviously did well to score - if anything at least he followed up the attack to be in a position to get a rebound.

Not bad, at the very minimum i thought they were both improvements of the current performance levels of players in their positions.

Well Yeates has more goals as a winger than Sylla and Low managed between them! Thought he was ok but wasnt impressed with his balls into the box at all. Hopefully that will come after a full week of training.

As for Horsefield.... I thought his touch was very very heavy at times and think he lacked match fitness. I think he will prove to be a valuable asset for us in the relegation battle though!

Well Yeates has more goals as a winger than Sylla and Low managed between them! Thought he was ok but wasnt impressed with his balls into the box at all. Hopefully that will come after a full week of training.

As for Horsefield.... I thought his touch was very very heavy at times and think he lacked match fitness. I think he will prove to be a valuable asset for us in the relegation battle though!

I would agree with most of that. At times Horsfield's control was awful. But to be fair he hasn't been at the club long and given time he may get better although that is no excuse for a poor touch.

Yeates was ok. Nothing he did was amazing but he did well for his first game.

Yeates has been out injured for a while, so his lack of energy and performance in the second half is perhaps understandable. what encouraged me was that he likes to get forward and try and actually score, which is something we have lacked from the midfield.

Yeates has been out injured for a while, so his lack of energy and performance in the second half is perhaps understandable. what encouraged me was that he likes to get forward and try and actually score, which is something we have lacked from the midfield.

I think Im right in saying that he played two games in quick succession for Spurs reserve team just before signing for us so that could be why he appeared to be more tired than others out there.

I thought Yeates had a decent first half but I agree with his lack of quality in terms of balls in to the box. I thought Horsfield had a quiet first half but a very good second half.

i'd agree with that. i thought horsfield got better as the game went on.

Goal aside, few texts in on RL saying Yeats is crap, poor crossing, poor touch and no work rate, wotso ever.

Anybody that went agree ?

I thought Yeates looked quite effective.

Horsfield started poor with too many bad touches but played ok in the second half and probably should of scored.

You simply cannot criticise Horsfield for having a poor first touch. He always has had an awful first touch. It's hardly a secret in football. RK signed him away of his limitations. To be honest, if we play him in a system which is going to involve a lot of ball-to-feet stuff, RK should be shot because he's just not suited to it.

Horsfield is big, strong, good leap and good in the air. Tends to get a bit of power behind his shots.

If you're expecting a good first touch, lightening pace or vision/clever passes... forget it!

Neither were fit.

Yeates did more in one game than Sylla and Low managed in their careers here when he scored. He also had one super run and cross down the right.

Otherwise he didn't look either strong enough, tricky enough or forceful enough to be outstanding. But its early days. He did keep his width and he did make some contributions.

As for Horsfield he was shocking first half slow slow, laborious and slow to pass.

Did manage some useful flick-ons second half and was obviously a handful with his strength in the box. One decent snap shot threatened a goal and I could see some potential benefits with his style. But looked as if we've signed him five years too late really.

We never used him, far too often the ball was messed with in our third on the right instead of laying it up to him while he was in space...by the time someone had that wherewithall to pass it off he's been closed down.

A distinct lack of vision by the team - and it screamed that there was no one on the pitch with a brain calling the shots.

Horsfield is immensely strong - did well to hold the ball up and battled hard today when he had it. He doesn't have the greatest touch in the world though, lacks match fitness and gets caught offside about as much as Elvis.

Yeates did well to score today, and his set-piece delivery was better than we've had so far this season. His crossing needs to improve though and he needs to get at players a little bit more. Looks promising.

They will both make a difference sometime.

Yeates is a gift. Any sort of decent winger on the right is for us. He gives us something we have been desperately lacking for so long.

I liked the Hume- Horsfield combination. Worked nicely. Given time, they will get goals for each other I reckon. It's nice we have options now.

I felt Horsfield was on for scoring today, I really did. He had the ball in and around the box a few times and possibly would have scored were it not for defenders climbing all over him or a line of 3 blocking his shooting!

It's definitely a good combination though Hume and Horsfield on first impressions.

I felt Horsfield was on for scoring today, I really did. He had the ball in and around the box a few times and possibly would have scored were it not for defenders climbing all over him or a line of 3 blocking his shooting!

It's definitely a good combination though Hume and Horsfield on first impressions.

100% agree about the Horse. He held the ball up excellently. Didn't actually think that Hume and Horsfield linked up that well. I think it has the potential to be a goo partnership, but Hume needs to get better at anticipating Horsfield's flicks. Of course, this'll come with time.

Yeates looked pretty good to me. OK, he made a few mistakes, but he did make a few good runs, and his set-piece's were by and large pretty good. Hopefully, he'll continue to improve.

The blokes just a tank, thats all he ever has been "typical English centre forward" as some would say, his first touch has always been shocking, he's never had any pace and his finishing is very average. I would think he'll get better as he plays more games but not by much.

What he does have as people have said is the abilty to hold the ball up and win flick ons, he gives a differnt option thats all. Which is enough to make him worthwhile having for now I suppouse.

The blokes just a tank, thats all he ever has been "typical English centre forward" as some would say, his first touch has always been shocking, he's never had any pace and his finishing is very average. I would think he'll get better as he plays more games but not by much.

What he does have as people have said is the abilty to hold the ball up and win flick ons, he gives a differnt option thats all. Which is enough to make him worthwhile having for now I suppouse.

It was a disappointing game. I thought that Horsfield may have made more impact as a substitute. Elvis didn't deserve to be on the bench. Horsfield is not a great jumper for high balls. In fact did he get off the ground ?

Both players done alrite,Yeates shined a bit more than Horsefeild but still he done ok,held the ball up well and was very strong up there.Yeates definatly looks a threat when he gets the ball which is a great thing to see.

Archived