Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Kelly Sets 16 Point Target

i think you're all deliberately mis understanding what RK said. the 16 point target is a minimum requirement thats all.

Still a poor target, considering how poor we've been lately, it might sem like a lot, but the minimum should really be 50% of points from our remaining fixtures, which means 1.5 points per game, which is 22.5 points from 15 games, so if you round that down to 22. 6 wins 4 draws isn't a lot to ask is? Or maybe it is, how about 5 wins 7 draws?

It's a disgrace for him to come out and say that and if he is telling the players this and they start to take games even more lightly then we are going to be in deep trouble.

:@

"We're not kidding ourselves, we're not playing great, or anywhere near as well as we can play, but that's because we're short of players.

"When you've got all your players fit, you pick the players who are in form. At the moment we are having to pick the players who are fit.

"There's miles to go. I'm not looking or thinking about relegation. I know that when we have our players fit, we are capable of winning."

And I thought a Kelly post-match after a loss left a lot to be desired. Newell is a ****smudge. If I heard that crap from Kelly when we were 1 point clear of relegation zone I'd be ropable.

I can't believe he's said that. Setting a target is all well and good but what good is a target where it'd be dodgy whether we stayed up or not??

Personally I think 16 points is realistic. Win 3 Draw 7 Lose 6 for example. But how the f**k do you motivate a team with a publicly-declared target like that?!

I realise he said it's a minimum but that is far too low even as a minimum - we don't want to be going into the last two or three games with a serious question mark over our status.

His minimum target should be to secure safety with three or four games to go.

Wow.

Oh and also, I bet that impressed Mandaric no end!

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe he's said that. Setting a target is all well and good but what good is a target where it'd be dodgy whether we stayed up or not??

Personally I think 16 points is realistic. Win 3 Draw 7 Lose 6 for example. But how the f**k do you motivate a team with a publicly-declared target like that?!

I realise he said it's a minimum but that is far too low even as a minimum - we don't want to be going into the last two or three games with a serious question mark over our status.

His minimum target should be to secure safety with three or four games to go.

Wow.

Oh and also, I bet that impressed Mandaric no end!

9 points out of 9. 3 clean sheets. just think what we could have acheived if Kelly hadn't de-motivated them.

Its a long shot but the play offs are not out of sight....

Always was an optimist!

Optimism is good, and we all like optimism. But seriously, not even a blind optimist should be talking about the playoffs at this present time. Have you followed us all season? Do you know Rob Kellys team tactics?! I hope your post was sarcastic lol.

As I keep saying - we should first make avoidance of relegation a mathematical certainty before we turn our attentions to anything else this season. It'd be foolish to do otherwise.

Optimism is good, and we all like optimism. But seriously, not even a blind optimist should be talking about the playoffs at this present time. Have you followed us all season? Do you know Rob Kellys team tactics?! I hope your post was sarcastic lol.

As I keep saying - we should first make avoidance of relegation a mathematical certainty before we turn our attentions to anything else this season. It'd be foolish to do otherwise.

lol. mate everyone has been calling RK a Negative person lol and then you come out with that. i think we are more than safe now 11 points from rele zone! we can now look up we are almost as far away from relegation as we are from the play-offs! light up will you! because 1) we are practically safe 2) look up! its almost as close!

lol. mate everyone has been calling RK a Negative person lol and then you come out with that. i think we are more than safe now 11 points from rele zone! we can now look up we are almost as far away from relegation as we are from the play-offs! light up will you! because 1) we are practically safe 2) look up! its almost as close!

RK is negative. Fact. 16 points from 16 games as a public target shows that. I'm not necessarily a negative person, more cautious, because I know what our form has been like over the course of this season and the inconsistency isn't at all good. Just 3 games ago, we were all talking like relegation was a real possibility. Now we're begining to mention playoffs?!?! Ludicrous!!!

RK is negative. Fact. 16 points from 16 games as a public target shows that. I'm not necessarily a negative person, more cautious, because I know what our form has been like over the course of this season and the inconsistency isn't at all good. Just 3 games ago, we were all talking like relegation was a real possibility. Now we're begining to mention playoffs?!?! Ludicrous!!!

but mate what i was trying to state is, we are as far from the pay-offs as we are from the relegation zone, im not saying we will make it. plus 3 games ago we were 4 points from the relegation zone now we are now 11 points away were now 7 points happier then before. you po9int is entirely true yes if we lose the form of the last 3 games which after this season could be very realistic to say we will, yes we will need to be catious but i think were safe. and wel finish mid table

but mate what i was trying to state is, we are as far from the pay-offs as we are from the relegation zone, im not saying we will make it. plus 3 games ago we were 4 points from the relegation zone now we are now 11 points away were now 7 points happier then before. you po9int is entirely true yes if we lose the form of the last 3 games which after this season could be very realistic to say we will, yes we will need to be catious but i think were safe. and wel finish mid table

Weren't we almost identical to this at one point earlier in the season though during that 11 game unbeaten run? I mean in terms of being a double figure points tally away from relegation and a similar figure from the playoff spots? We thought we were safe then and began dreaming, took our foot off the gas and got raped. Went on a horrific run, didn't win for ages, lost a few and were right back into the relegation quagmire. Which is why I'm not counting my chickens until they hatch. :thumbup:

Pah... you'll never make a Jedi :D:D

Weren't we almost identical to this at one point earlier in the season though during that 11 game unbeaten run? I mean in terms of being a double figure points tally away from relegation and a similar figure from the playoff spots? We thought we were safe then and began dreaming, took our foot off the gas and got raped. Went on a horrific run, didn't win for ages, lost a few and were right back into the relegation quagmire. Which is why I'm not counting my chickens until they hatch. :thumbup:

Milan wasnt watching over then keeping the nest warm

When this happened earlier in the season, we had injuries, suspensions and players that didn't realy care as they knew they would get paid.

Now they have stepped up as they know they could be playing for their place in the team and even at the club, with three new signings supposedly coming in this week, i'l put my scraggy, triple-neck on the line and say we will finish in the top ten this season.

Archived