Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Kelly Sets 16 Point Target

I have serious concerns about him trying to perform the Great Escape for a second year in a row though. It is a similar situation and he was able to get us playing half-decent football, scoring goals and scraping wins. My fear is that he used his get-out-of-jail-free card last season. I know we'll struggle more this season to get out of the mess than we did last term - the lack of goals scored by both Fryatt and Hume tells me that. Same old same old? Meh. I think we could be experiencing something new this time around. And it will not be a nice experience.

I agree with what you're saying...though I hope you are wrong!

16 games.... surely the point target is 48....

Exactly. Kelly shouldn't say this sort of thing. Ok we won't get 48 points. But what will Kelly say if we go down after getting 16 points ?

"I'm happy because the lads have achieved my target and got 16 points. But we shall push for promotion next year re doubling our efforts again".

Exactly. Kelly shouldn't say this sort of thing. Ok we won't get 48 points. But what will Kelly say if we go down after getting 16 points ?

"I'm happy because the lads have achieved my target and got 16 points. But we shall push for promotion next year re doubling our efforts again".

don't worry, next year instead of pushing for the league 1 automatic promotion spots, let's just put half the effort in, the play offs are there for a reason.

I agree with what you're saying...though I hope you are wrong!

I have been hoping Kelly will prove me wrong for a long, long time. It hasn't happened. I'm not even going to say I hope Kelly proves me wrong this time - I cannot even kid myself. The players are going to have to do this themselves. If they're good enough to stay up, they will. If not, then it reflects on their ability as well as the manager.

I have lost hope as far as this season is concerned. I now turn up at the games with the expectation that we'll play poorly and will do well to draw. With 5 of the top 7 still to play, as well as away trips to Burnley and Ipswich, not to mention the way we "play football", I can't see us finding it easy to obtain the 16 points Kelly thinks is acceptable.

don't worry, next year instead of pushing for the league 1 automatic promotion spots, let's just put half the effort in, the play offs are there for a reason.

I doubt RK will be there at the start of next season.

Suggested Solution: Start docking pay for those who don't come to play.... I am seriously fed up with the amount of passengers this side has.

If everyone comes to play, we can get 16 easily, sadly though recently, 1/2 or less of the side has come to play, while the rest just come to get paid... I really hope MM deal comes through soon.... might force some of the slackers to get off their backsides as they will have to fight for their careers.

But yes, the first point of call is sticking a rocket up a few players backsides and getting a 100% effort.. we haven't had it all season, and the closer we get to that zone, the less they seem to care... START CARING or let someone else play who does.

Suggested Solution: Start docking pay for those who don't come to play.... I am seriously fed up with the amount of passengers this side has.

If everyone comes to play, we can get 16 easily, sadly though recently, 1/2 or less of the side has come to play, while the rest just come to get paid... I really hope MM deal comes through soon.... might force some of the slackers to get off their backsides as they will have to fight for their careers.

But yes, the first point of call is sticking a rocket up a few players backsides and getting a 100% effort.. we haven't had it all season, and the closer we get to that zone, the less they seem to care... START CARING or let someone else play who does.

Sort of like this??

Sort of like this??

Yes sort of like that... but in a much more harsh way... I wouldn't mind seeing privilages being deducted to scare the boys.... they need something to get them to realise they can't continue this trend and expect to be there next season.... :yawn:

I'm beginning to think we might not make the play-offs this year

Now don't be so silly Dave.

When the lads all redouble the efforts on the training ground and set their sights on the next opponents, and Kelly promises things will change, we'll be just fine. You know why? 'Cos we're a good team and have a divine right to be chasing promotion every season. Did I mention that we're redoubling efforts on the training ground? Kelly is a nice chap y'know? We have smashing lads at our club, and they all think Kelly is a great bloke. We'll be fine, there's no need to panic just yet.

:rolleyes:

Posted before the Luton game:

Trends

Season form of 1.1 pts/game puts us on target to get another 18/19 pts from 17 games leaving us with 51/52 pts.

Currrent form (last 10 games) 1.1 points/game put us on the same target

Current form (last 5 games) 0.8 pts/game puts us on target to get another 13/14 pts leaving us with 46/47pts

The last 5 seasons has seen the following points relegated

01/02 - 36

02/03 - 46

03/04 - 33

04/05 - 50

05/06 - 42

UPDATE

Season Average is now 1.1 points per game with 16 games that would give us 52 points

Last 16 games is now 1 point/game with 16 games that would gives us 50 points ( Robs Target)

Last 10 games is now 1.2 points/game with 16 games that would give us 53/4 points

Last 5 games is now 0.4 points/game with 16 games that would give us 40/41 points

So his target is really no more than we've been achieving all season but based on the last 5 games 16 points is a massive target

Posted before the Luton game:

Trends

Season form of 1.1 pts/game puts us on target to get another 18/19 pts from 17 games leaving us with 51/52 pts.

Currrent form (last 10 games) 1.1 points/game put us on the same target

Current form (last 5 games) 0.8 pts/game puts us on target to get another 13/14 pts leaving us with 46/47pts

The last 5 seasons has seen the following points relegated

01/02 - 36

02/03 - 46

03/04 - 33

04/05 - 50

05/06 - 42

UPDATE

Season Average is now 1.1 points per game with 16 games that would give us 52 points

Last 16 games is now 1 point/game with 16 games that would gives us 50 points ( Robs Target)

Last 10 games is now 1.2 points/game with 16 games that would give us 53/4 points

Last 5 games is now 0.4 points/game with 16 games that would give us 40/41 points

So his target is really no more than we've been achieving all season but based on the last 5 games 16 points is a massive target

It might be what were on, but to say we'll settle for average is very negative and not what we need really.

It might be what were on, but to say we'll settle for average is very negative and not what we need really.

Agree, I wasn't supporting his suggestion, just putting out a few relevant statistics.

i think you're all deliberately mis understanding what RK said. the 16 point target is a minimum requirement thats all.

I don't think we are, by saying 16 points Kelly has created a mindset of 16 points not 20, not 30 but 16. You don't talk about minimums!

Nice tactics from Kelly, but in order to get 16 points from the next 16 games, he'll have to quadruple his training efforts and have the lads drink more Coke during the "Win-A-Player" competition.

We'll probably get like a maximum of ten points out of the following 16 games. Right now, I don't have the confidence that we're really prepared for a relegation battle and a lot of non-believers will be shocked at how bad our team actually is. This season so far, we've conceded way too many crappy goals from set-pieces and haven't been able to score one more than the opposition on a regular basis. Most of our wins were tight ones, like a 1-0 or a 2-1. Plus, our so-called strikers wasted too many opportunities and the likes of Fryatt, Hume and Hammond with his offside trauma have been disappointing, mostly.

I can also see us draw a lot of the upcoming fixtures. There's just not enough winning spirit, although I'm totally prepared for the team to surprise me on a positive note there. I have no idea how and when we're finally going to see our team win games again, especially the crucial ones. In the end, they'll need the help of God or something similar in order to avoid the drop.

Yesterday was a crucial point this season, and they blew a huge chance. Again.

I'm concerned. Very much so.

I don't think we are, by saying 16 points Kelly has created a mindset of 16 points not 20, not 30 but 16. You don't talk about minimums!

are you saying that if we get 16 points after 10 games RK will tell the players to lose?

are you saying that if we get 16 points after 10 games RK will tell the players to lose?

No I'm saying as long as they average a point a game they will think they are doing well, when that level of points means we will continue to stay in the bottom 5/6 positions, if not the bottom 3.

It also means they can lose a couple of games and not be concerned because in their minds they will feel like they've only dropped 2 points not 6, meanwhile teams below could move above us and confidence will slump even further.

As well as all that the message from the manager to the players is: look I think you're shit but don't worry as I don't expect you to get more than 1 point a game, so sit back relax and enjoy the trip.

Archived