Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

"They've done much more than just that bloody song!"

Anyone else like any bands who are regarded as one-hit wonders by the great unwashed?

My obvious two would be Underworld ("Oh, the ones that did Born Slippy?) and the Dandy Warhols ("Oh, the ones that did Bohemian Like You?")

Also most people tend to know Concrete Schoolyard by Jurassic 5 or The Seed (2.0) by The Roots but not a lot else by them.

Nirvana - Teen Spirit

Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly

Feeder - Buck Rogers

Green Day - American Idiot/Good Riddance/Basket Case

Pretty much all some of the worst songs they've done too IMO.

:o All very harsh.

Kind of agree with American Idiot but the other's no....

QOTSA ("No One Knows")

Agreed, I've got Lullabie to Paralyze and its quality, a couple of the longer songs get broing though.

Nirvana - Teen Spirit

Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly

Feeder - Buck Rogers

Green Day - American Idiot/Good Riddance/Basket Case

Pretty much all some of the worst songs they've done too IMO.

I find myself dissagreeing with all of them, nobody I've ever met would ever call any of those "One hit wonders"

New Radicals made a brilliant song that I still listem to today, the rest, shite.

Transvision Vamp, good song rest shite, but she was hot.

Stardust, wheres the follow up?

Beck, Black Grape, Crazyhead, Sneaker Pimps and the rest.

Anyone else like any bands who are regarded as one-hit wonders by the great unwashed?

My obvious two would be Underworld ("Oh, the ones that did Born Slippy?) and the Dandy Warhols ("Oh, the ones that did Bohemian Like You?")

Also most people tend to know Concrete Schoolyard by Jurassic 5 or The Seed (2.0) by The Roots but not a lot else by them.

Yes I know what you mean. Other artists like this include:-

The Cure for either 'Friday I'm In Love' or 'Lovecats'

Talking Heads 'Once In A Lifetime'

Stranglers 'Golden Brown'

Fine Young Cannibals 'She Drives Me Crazy'

Aphex Twin 'Come To Daddy' - yes people in Metal love them, but check out his other stuff too!!

Nuyorican Soul - 'Black Gold of the Sun'

Tracy Chapman - 'Fast Cars'

Roots Manuva - 'Witness (1 Hope)'

Talk Talk - 'It's My Life'

Sinead O'Connor - 'Nothing Compares To You'

Dexy's Midnight Runners - 'Too Rye Aye'

Curtis Mayfield - 'Move On Up'

Jackie Wilson - 'I Get The Sweetest Feeling'

Visage - 'Fade To Grey'

To name but a few..............

Good picks there, especially Underworld (I prefer pretty much all their tracks to Born Slippy nowadays!), J5 and The Roots.

A lot of people might just know Glory Box and/or Sour Times by Portishead. And Massive Attack are certainly best know for Unfinished Sympathy.

I didn't think it was one hit wonders. More what people(idiots) perceive to be their only record :dunno::unsure:

Ooooooooooo...you just called Lineker's Left Foot an idiot

Lineker's Left Foot! He just called you an idiot.

Fight fight fight fight...

Archived