Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Potential Managers

Out of the managers mentioned I like Tigana and Pearce.

Man City seem to be losing patients with Pearce and I think he would like it down here.

Tigana also, when he was at Fulham they played some decent football. Not sure on hs availability. :dunno:

Keegan also but as DD said he is not looking for work. :(

I don't really like the sound of any of them. If i had 2 choose 1 it would be Nigel Worthington.

Stuart Pearce has wasted a lot of money at Man City e.g Corradi,samaras.

Vialli don't want a foreigner in charge

What about Steve walsh lot of passion the fans love him and could even have somebody like simon grayson as his assistant

I don't really like the sound of any of them. If i had 2 choose 1 it would be Nigel Worthington.

What about Steve walsh lot of passion the fans love him and could even have somebody like simon grayson as his assistant

Perrin / Vukic double act.... :ph34r: dont discount this...

Man City seem to be losing patients with Pearce and I think he would like it down here.

He used to play just up the road from us... so he might like to return to the area where he made his name. :ph34r:

Glen Hoddle ? :dunno:

^ no thanks, losing all those disabled fans could cost hundreds.

There's better reasons for not wanting him than that...

... the fact that he's a bit shit being the principle argument against. :whistle:

As much as I'd like Walsh at the club, I don't think it's a wise move at this time.

What if he came into management with us and couldn't cut it? I wouldn't want that.

If he manages at a lower level first and then comes to us... that might be better. :cool:

Simon Grayson does have managerial experience - so of the duo, it is Simon that should be manager and Walshy as the assistant. The other way around makes no real sense at this time.

I suggested Pearce but my doubt with him is the same as you i.e I havn't been too impressed with his signings! However, I do think he will have learnt and would be a very good championship manager!

I'm hoping he will get the sack from Man City and join us, but can't see it myself. W'ell end up with some foriegn up and comming manager or even worse remain with RK

You want him to fail so that we can get a manager who has failed in his job? Might as well have gone for Dowie if you want someone who failed in their last job, at least he had done something note worthy before as manager.

You want him to fail so that we can get a manager who has failed in his job? Might as well have gone for Dowie if you want someone who failed in their last job, at least he had done something note worthy before as manager.

That's your interpretation, I don't see Pearce as a failure, I believe he could still turn things around mabe not this season but defo next season but premiership sides have never been one for patience and a couple of poor results the pressure will be on and the sack will be imminant!!

I don't see the point of Pearce, Dowie or Curbishley. And there you have so much of the dilemma we're facing.

There are any number of Kelly's out there - there're 10 a penny.

They've all been on the same apparently flawed coaching courses and they're all full of fear when it comes to League games.

I wouldn't include Pearce in this but so many of em seem to spout the tradespeak stock press answers they've probably been coached on too and so many seem as uninspiring and as characterless as each other.

We need someone who stands above the parapet someone who'll put the smile and the optimism back in our club and unwavering belief back in our team.

Kevin Keegan or Joe Royle for me

Those are the only two managers which inspire me, and IMO would inspire the players.

Get one of them in, I do not care which one, let;s just go all out for one of these.

Milan if you are reading this board..

KEVIN KEEGAN OR JOE ROYLE PLEAAAAAASE

Pearce has managed 86 games, won 31 and drawn 17 - 1.28 points per game, in the Premiership.

Rob Kelly has managed 58 games, won 21 and drawn 17 - 1.38 points per game, in the Championship.

They both have win ratios of around 36%, but obviously Rob manages more draws than Pearce.

Thoughts? :ph34r:

Kevin Keegan or Joe Royle for me

Those are the only two managers which inspire me, and IMO would inspire the players.

Get one of them in, I do not care which one, let;s just go all out for one of these.

Milan if you are reading this board..

KEVIN KEEGAN OR JOE ROYLE PLEAAAAAASE

Ronald Koeman OR Gus Hiddink

Gary Johnson at Bristol? Admittedly, Bristol are likely to go up so he would probably stay to see how he did in the championship but worth being a name thrown into the mix.

Tony Adams to cement the Portsmouth connection?

Nigel Clough to see what he can do at the higher level?

Martin Allen to kick a few players up the bcksides?

In all honesty, I don't know. Keegan is someone I wanted after Levein went, but it is not going to happen (particularly after someone posted that link from the sunday papers). One thing I do know is not Pearce. His signings have been abysmal.

I've been doing a bit of digging on Russell Slade since you mentioned him a while back and he has an impressive CV at lower level clubs. Can't see Milan fancying a gamble on him though, sadly.

Souness and Hoddle are available :D

I'd be willing to have a punt on Vialli. Crazy idea really, given the fact he's not done owt for several years. But Mandaric doesn't play by the rules.

Zola would be much better and he's nearly finished his badges. He coaches part time at Cagliari

Gary Johnson at Bristol? Admittedly, Bristol are likely to go up so he would probably stay to see how he did in the championship but worth being a name thrown into the mix.

Tony Adams to cement the Portsmouth connection?

Nigel Clough to see what he can do at the higher level?

Martin Allen to kick a few players up the bcksides?

In all honesty, I don't know. Keegan is someone I wanted after Levein went, but it is not going to happen (particularly after someone posted that link from the sunday papers). One thing I do know is not Pearce. His signings have been abysmal.

RE: Nigel Clough... to see what he can do at a higher level?

That's a bit of a leap. A massive leap if you ask me. He manages in the Conference... not even in the football league. Massive gamble... :whistle:

Not sure about Adams either... as if we've not enough ex-Rehab types in the squad already. :ph34r:

Allegedly.

Archived