Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Kelly to go?

There's no point of him going now. We're not going anywhere.

Wait til end of season then show him the door.

There's every point in him going now, and the reason lies in what I have highlighted. Most people are bound to be thinking in the same way as you - he's safe and there's no point in showing him the door because there's nothing left to play for. What does this equate to? Complacency in the ranks. Kick him out. With immediate effect. It'll shake every up and let them know shit will not be tolerated. It'll prevent complacency and it'll get the majority pulling their fingers out and doing the business.

For........ the.......... last.............time........ he has 12 month rolling contract. This means it is always 12 months long. 12 months from today. !2 months from the summer in the summer. We will have to pay him 12 months salary to go away. :angry:

Surely though, if we can prove he's not up to the job, that isn't the case?

Or is it?

For example, if you get a contractor to do a job, and they demonstrate a complete lack of ability to do it, nor a willingness to learn from mistakes and improve to be in a position to complete the required tasks, you can sack them for nothing and award the contract to someone else?

Or not?

It's ridiculous, like not being able to sack a footballer on the basis that they can't do their job because they're elvis hammond.

Match by match Kelly's record is quite good and far better than many former City managers.

However, if it is already felt that he's not the man to lead us into the new era, then the sooner a new man gets the chance to make his own preparations the better, cos we are normally way behind others in that sense.

The enduring problem in that direction is who should the replacement be - indeed, who is available to be considered?

Mandaric's other concern must be just the nagging consideration that, with his leaership and direction, Kelly is actually quite capable of producing a decent attacking team, and would probably like to do so.

By himself, Kelly seems unable to shake off his abiding, instinctive and overwhelming caution. But with Mandaric's by-your-leave, Mandaric's insistence that part of the job is to be positive the question remains, would the guy succeed and, if so, why would you get rid of him?.

I'd have no more faith in Curbishley, Pearce, Newell, Holloway or a whole lot of others being any more successful but would probably welcome a class A name and committed attacker.

Listening to MM on the radio he seems an excellent communicator. Every bit the larger-than-life but credible personality this club needs. It is not really an option for Kelly to ignore his wishes and I don't think he's a rebel anyway.

I'm quite sure Kelly couldn't manage Leicester to success on his own but am not completely sure he couldn't do so in tandem with Mandaric. Kelly has always been a victim of himself as far as style is concerned. He never strikes me as a natural leader. But if the leadership was coming from Mandaric and the technical expertise from Kelly I just wonder...

It would be unusual I know - and Kelly still has much to learn as a coach, tactician, man manager, forward thinker etc, etc.

But in tandem - this is what I want and this is how I want you to do it - then who knows.

I am sure what I say will prooke much argument and disagreement but we all want what's best and it is probably worth just thinking about and chewing over.

Particularly if the alternatives are suspect.

Match by match Kelly's record is quite good and far better than many former City managers.

However, if it is already felt that he's not the man to lead us into the new era, then the sooner a new man gets the chance to make his own preparations the better, cos we are normally way behind others in that sense.

The enduring problem in that direction is who should the replacement be - indeed, who is available to be considered?

Mandaric's other concern must be just the nagging consideration that, with his leaership and direction, Kelly is actually quite capable of producing a decent attacking team, and would probably like to do so.

By himself, Kelly seems unable to shake off his abiding, instinctive and overwhelming caution. But with Mandaric's by-your-leave, Mandaric's insistence that part of the job is to be positive the question remains, would the guy succeed and, if so, why would you get rid of him?.

I'd have no more faith in Curbishley, Pearce, Newell, Holloway or a whole lot of others being any more successful but would probably welcome a class A name and committed attacker.

Listening to MM on the radio he seems an excellent communicator. Every bit the larger-than-life but credible personality this club needs. It is not really an option for Kelly to ignore his wishes and I don't think he's a rebel anyway.

I'm quite sure Kelly couldn't manage Leicester to success on his own but am not completely sure he couldn't do so in tandem with Mandaric. Kelly has always been a victim of himself as far as style is concerned. He never strikes me as a natural leader. But if the leadership was coming from Mandaric and the technical expertise from Kelly I just wonder...

It would be unusual I know - and Kelly still has much to learn as a coach, tactician, man manager, forward thinker etc, etc.

But in tandem - this is what I want and this is how I want you to do it - then who knows.

I am sure what I say will prooke much argument and disagreement but we all want what's best and it is probably worth just thinking about and chewing over.

Particularly if the alternatives are suspect.

Chewed it over...NO!

I hope we keep Kelly at the club to be honest. Definately get a new manager in but I think he's earned the right to a coaching job here.

that would be worst than sacking him, totally humiliating. if he's got to go then pay him off and have done with it.

I think Tuesday's second half was already pointing in that direction. However dire a couple of individual performances were, the tactics looked decent. We played with width and an attacking mindset - which I don't actually remember happening in ages. Even when we went 3-0 up at Coventry, we were playing like one of Kelly's teams.

I know what you mean... it sounds like a crap idea, but if it works, then it works. Rest of the season to find out, anyway.

I think Tuesday's second half was already pointing in that direction. However dire a couple of individual performances were, the tactics looked decent. We played with width and an attacking mindset - which I don't actually remember happening in ages. Even when we went 3-0 up at Coventry, we were playing like one of Kelly's teams.

I know what you mean... it sounds like a crap idea, but if it works, then it works. Rest of the season to find out, anyway.

And with most of the alternative names being bandied about hardly promising the Great Leap forward... :whistle:

And with most of the alternative names being bandied about hardly promising the Great Leap forward... :whistle:

I can't believe Newell's been sacked and people think we should nab him because 'he's done well on poor resources' (RK's hardly rolling in it). Okay his situation is somewhat worse, but he started the season with a few players better than our best. I agree with the sentiment a little up the page, to an extent.

I am not doubting that he has done ok on limited resources. But, and my God it is a HUGE but - he is tactically naive. You can bring in the best players you can, but play the wrong tactics and you will get turned over.

With Milan telling him to attack, and also with him learning as he goes along, having only managed for a little over a year, we could just about mash something together.

Tomorrow we'll probably be completely abject again and this idea will seen silly, but just seeing us attack for 45 minutes has me, if not expectant, then hopeful.

...Now the time has come to leave you

One more time

Let me kiss you

Then close your eyes

Ill be on my way

Dream about the days to come

When I wont have to leave alone

About the times, I wont have to say

Oh, kiss me and smile for me

Tell me that youll wait for me

Hold me like youll never let me go

cause Im leavin on a jet plane

Dont know when Ill be back again

Oh babe, I hate to go

But, Im leavin on a jet plane

jetplane.jpg

...Now the time has come to leave you

One more time

Let me kiss you

Then close your eyes

Ill be on my way

Dream about the days to come

When I wont have to leave alone

About the times, I wont have to say

Oh, kiss me and smile for me

Tell me that youll wait for me

Hold me like youll never let me go

cause Im leavin on a jet plane

Dont know when Ill be back again

Oh babe, I hate to go

But, Im leavin on a jet plane

jetplane.jpg

He's got nothing to be big headed about :P

I can't believe Newell's been sacked and people think we should nab him because 'he's done well on poor resources' (RK's hardly rolling in it). Okay his situation is somewhat worse, but he started the season with a few players better than our best. I agree with the sentiment a little up the page, to an extent.

With Milan telling him to attack, and also with him learning as he goes along, having only managed for a little over a year, we could just about mash something together.

Tomorrow we'll probably be completely abject again and this idea will seen silly, but just seeing us attack for 45 minutes has me, if not expectant, then hopeful.

It's a short straw but worth grabbing if the alternative is going to be people like Stuart Pearce, Tony Adams, Simon Grayson, Bryan Robson or some of the other names bandied about who have offered no indication that they are likely to be successful in the job.

We don't want a big name just for its own sake. We want a guy who's going to be a big manager. Assuming Kelly and Mandaric can't hack it together.

It's a short straw but worth grabbing if the alternative is going to be people like Stuart Pearce, Tony Adams, Simon Grayson, Bryan Robson or some of the other names bandied about who have offered no indication that they are likely to be successful in the job.

We don't want a big name just for its own sake. We want a guy who's going to be a big manager. Assuming Kelly and Mandaric can't hack it together.

lol!! Who can predict the managers that are going to be succesful? The reason why I mention older managers names is because they have experience and have achieved success as managers. Kevin Keegan and Glenn Hoddle are proven managers at more than one club and are a far better bet IMO than an unknown manager.

Apexgeo, how come your posts are about 3 miles wider than everyone else`s :dunno:

I cant see that on my screen mate! Maybe it has something to do with my ignature being quite wide or it could be that I am special lol! :D

Archived