Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

QPR Post Match Comments

I may just be recovering what everybody has already said on today's game but these were my thoughts on it.

1. I think we all know the team was an utter disgrace with their second half performance. We were asleep right from the word go in the second half and paid the price for it dearly. Let's be honest, we lost to a shite QPR side. They weren't even good. First half they never got a sniff. They had one 6-7 minute spell and took their chances.

2. First half we played some good stuff just couldn't find many openings to get good shots in. From the start I thought we might murder them all game if it carried on. How wrong was I...

3. Yeates set pieces were a total an utter disgrace. Not one good delivery did he put in all game from one. Shocking.

4. Yes I know Hughes and Jarrett had poor games but so did most others. I don't think I've ever seen home fans boo theur own player like that. Fair enough to boo a team performance but to single out individuals from your own team is a bit out of order in my opinion. It won't do his confidence any good so what's the point in doing it?

4. I thought Kenton. Kisnorbo and Hume shone above all of our other players. They all had good games I thought.

5. Horsfield yet again a complete waste of space. No running, no good headers won. What's the point of him being on the pitch? Mind you Elvis wasn't much better but to be fair who was?

To conclude, Milan won't be having any of this. Kelly will be gone at the end of the season. From then on, Milan will grab our club by the horns and we can go onwards and upwards.

the first half i thought we were sound, i really believed that QPR were so poor we'd thrash them in the second half. we allowed a soft goal to go in and had a very soft penalty awarded against us and our heads went down. i thought that Kelly would put hammond on in place of jarret and move hume just behind the front 2. instead he bring on hammond for horsefield . that just smacked of desperation and lack of imagination.

why was hendo so far from the goal line thou, it was just a lob

Can't really blame Henderson. He was in the correct postion as he would of been expecting a cross.

Can't comment much on the second half as I wasn't allowed in the ground, but it sounds like I was taken out at the right time (well, frogmarched just as QPR scored their first). We weren't actually that bad in the first half, but the frightening thing for me was the complete capitulation in the second. Though from what I understand the 3rd goal was sheer class and near unstoppable. Poor result. Pathetic stewarding and policing.

Still immune from relegation? Have fun watching that shower of shite at home for the remainder.

Having endured todays match and had a read about people's thoughts on here I thought I would just add what for me today was the glaring reason why we performed so badly.

There was simply no midfield play of any quality on display today.

Without the new improved Johnson and the highly talented Levi Porter our midfield is totally devoid of any control, grit, flair and final ball delivery.

In our midfield today 3 out of 4 players were on short term loan. Two of those four could not get a game for clubs in the same league as us.

Newton looks desperately short of match fitness and as for Hughes.. well ... he is just a non-entity.

Yeates can beat a full back and get to the by line but his final ball delivery is woefull and Jarrett is well out of his depth and looks lost.

In the middle of the park today our midfield went missing over and over and over again. There was no one to win the ball and certainly no one with any creative ability when we had it.

As a result we reverted to pumping the ball to the front from the back and as we all know with our forward personnel that simply does not work and is not effective.

Playing Hughes and Jarrett in the middle together was a huge mistake by Kelly today and given the players available for selection today I would have suggested playing a utility defender infront of the defense to allow Jarrett to at least do what he is good at in going forward to link play from midfield.

I guess the late arrival of Mandaric and the transfer window being closed by the time he could provide funds was certainly not the ideal situation given Williams departure, but having said that a more acomplished manager than Kelly would get a lot more out of what we have now with better motivational and tactical awareness.

Having seen today's offring I would suggest the best course of action now for the club would be to remove Kelly ASAP to allow a new manager to take a good long look at this current squad of players in the remaining games and then get a plan in place for next season's promotion assault.

Rob Kelly is short of the tools required to get a club like ours into the Premier League and I would hope Mandaric will act sooner rather than later in getting the ball rolling.

And yes I will still be saying that if we beat Derby 3-0.

This is for the long term and we need to look beyond the odd sporadic positive result and not be sidetracked by them on the odd occasion they happen.

Sorry, I know the midfield was ****ing atrocious today and has been for most games in the last 3 years but I've got as far as "the new improved Johnson" and I just have to say...

F**k right off. Did you go Southend or Palace? What a joke.

EDIT: Hang about, I've just reached this gem... "to allow Jarrett to at least do what he is good at in going forward to link play from midfield."

Cracking stuff. I love it.

Never have i been so ashamed for my team. Quality goal aside (and it was a quality goal, no lob, no goalgeeper positioning problems, a dipping unexpected volley) we looks like non league competition and QPR were poor. They appeared scared and uninterested in the game yet they still truly spanked us.

Archived