Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

QPR Post Match Comments

Thought Newton's first half performance was the only positive thing to come out of the game. I think the players know they will be booted out at the end of the season when Milan spends his dosh, so are playing with no effort or spirit.

Where was McAuley and Porter, arguably our two best players against Leeds?

Both done their 'amstrings in before the game.

That's why neither were even in the 16. ;)

What the gaffer has to say:

Kelly Offers No Excuses

City boss Rob Kelly could not hide his disappointment following his side's 3-1 defeat at the hands of QPR at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday.

The Foxes had gone into the game looking to build on their recent run of results which had seen them defeated just once in their last eight encounters.

But Leicester would come unstuck against John Gregory's men - with two goals at the start of the second period for the visitors doing the real damage.

Kelly said: "I am not going to make any excuses. The bottom line is our performance in the second half today wasn't anywhere near what we as a group are trying to achieve for our football club and its supporters.

"I will hold both hands up. That is my team and we weren't good enough.

"I certainly wouldn't try to pull the wool over anybody's eyes - we weren't anywhere near where we should be if we are going to move forward.

"We knew that QPR's main threat would come from set plays. We didn't defend a free-kick properly at the start of the second half and that effected us too much.

"I had again emphasised that their main threat would come from set pieces when I spoke to the players at half time. But in the end we lose two headers and the ball is in the back of the net.

"We didn't show nearly enough to get back into the game. We are disappointed in ourselves.

"We are also disappointed for the supporters. They have again turned out in great numbers, but we didn't do them justice.

"The fans have got every right to be disappointed.

"We let ourselves down and we have let our supporters down. When we win we win together and when we get beat we get beat together.

"We are where we are in the league because we are inconsistent.

"But we have got a two week break now and we will be working hard to put things right."

Shocking, rubbish, useless.

The 'highlight' for me was Elvis missing that opn goal from all of 3 yards. I'm not sure if he knew the flag was up or not, but he really went for it. I actually laughed. I suppose you have to really.

What our MOM has to say

Darren Kenton :appl:

Kenton On QPR Defeat

Darren Kenton offered no excuses after City slumped to a 3-1 defeat at the hands of QPR on Saturday afternoon.

It was only their second loss in nine Championship matches but they are now just seven points above the drop zone with eight games remaining this term.

"It was a very disappointing result especially after the way we started the game," said the defender, who came in at centre-half for the injured Gareth McAuley.

"We started quite brightly and had the better chances in the first half but two goals in four minutes at the start of the second half really took it out of us and we faced an uphill challenge after that.

"I thought myself and Paddy Kisnorbo handled their two big strikers quite well but one long ball in to the box which we didn't defend properly and a soft penalty turned the game on its head.

"We tried to force our way back into the game after that but the ball just wouldn't fall for us and their third was just a great strike and summed up our day.

"But we can't make excuses, it just wasn't good enough."

The match marked Kenton's first start since New Year's Day but while pleased to be back in the starting line-up, the defeat left a bitter taste in his mouth.

"It has been a while since I started and it is frustrating when you are not playing but up until a couple of games ago we had been on a good run," he added.

"It was disappointing again to lose and not get the three points. The last game I started was against Sunderland and we lost that as well!"

City now have an extended break due to internationals and are not back in action until March 31 when they travel to Midlands rivals Stoke at the Britannia Stadium.

"You always want to go into a break with three points in the bag but we can't afford to dwell, this game has now gone and we must prepare ourselves for the next one," Kenton said.

"We must remain focused and upbeat because there is still work to be done."

Shocking, rubbish, useless.

The 'highlight' for me was Elvis missing that opn goal from all of 3 yards. I'm not sure if he knew the flag was up or not, but he really went for it. I actually laughed. I suppose you have to really.

Actually the highlight for me was when QPR fans thought their team had scored a goal, and they started celebrating. That was just ridicously funny :D

Other than that, it was a complete shite day today.

This result makes no difference to me. One defeat in 8 was just a smokescreen to what actually is going on at the club and this type of result would send real alarm bells ringing in the ears of MM. As much as I hate looking at the result I must admit this may well be the straw that broke Kellys back.

Thanks for saving us last season, now fook off!

Shit really.

Only Hume and Kisnorbo (on the pitch today) really deserved wear the shirt. :angry:

Kenton had a stormer imho

he was MOM he won 95% of all his tackles and even looked dangerous when we attacked

Kenton had a stormer imho

he was MOM he won 95% of all his tackles and even looked dangerous when we attacked

I thought Kenton was very poor, he was beaten in the air virtually every time and was panicky on the ball.

Hate to use this as an Example but Dowie at cov.

Has come in and changed them round, spent no money at all, was speaking to a few mates who support them and they've all said cov are now playing football, they look fitter and well there winning so it has to have some truth behind it.

After today's shower of shit i think it could be the time to get rid of kelly and bring in some on eelse like Newell, or others.

Milans has money so why not use it on getting a good manager now?

if we did get a good manager he would be able to asses:

1) who goes

2) who stays

3) and start planning fir the summer

Its just the new manager syndrome. Dont worry, I trust Coventry to go back to their shitty self next season.

Archived