Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Mike Newell is on his way !

At the very least I'd trust Newell to spend any money he had effectivley, and I'd also expect him to give some kids a decent run-out... at the same time I'd trust him as a motivator and as tactically aware... which is more than I can say for RK... Newell would be an improvment, but would he be a sufficent improvment?

This is my first post. I am a freelance journalist (and also a City fan of longstanding - but one who has never 'signed up to any Forums - until now !).

Today, I was covering the Luton v Ipswich game for the Ipswich evening paper - and had chance to talk to Brian Stein (the Luton caretaker manager) immediately after the game. We obviously mainly talked about the Kenilworth Road triumph for the Tractor Boys; but Stein 'let slip' an amazing comment about Mike Newell (who he is still very close to) - apparently Mandaric contacted Newell yesterday (Friday) and has set up a meeting with him on Monday (at an unknown location) TO DISCUSS THE CITY MANAGERS JOB. Stein told me that Newell is uncertain if that means that Mandaric wants to discuss an IMMEDIATE offer - or one in the Summer. Mandaric did say though, that Rob Kelly's job is "on the line - depending on results" - and implying that today's game with QPR was "crucial" !

I've only just seen the City result (I've just filed my Ipswich match report), but I would think Mandaric is a busy man tonight, weighing up his options !

If I was a freelance journo the first thing I would do is go and post it on a football forum instead of questioning the said people and go to the nationals. There arent that many juicy football stories about at this time of the season away from the pitch and a deal to bring Newell to our club woyuld no doubt cause a stir.

I doubt there is anything in this and furthermore I dont want a horsefaced big mouthed bloke in charge of our club, especially as he has turned us down twice.

... especially as he has turned us down twice.

Claudia Schiffer has not replied to any letters I sent her with pictures of my penis - doesn't mean I wouldn't still have a good fumble given the opportunity.

Honestly, what self respecting manager would have agreed to work with our previous board? :dunno:

Claudia Schiffer has not replied to any letters I sent her with pictures of my penis - doesn't mean I wouldn't still have a good fumble given the opportunity.

Honestly, what self respecting manager would have agreed to work with our previous board? :dunno:

Claudia only replies to people with penis`s bigger than 4 inches, thats why I got 8 letters and you havent had any. :D

As for Newell, I dont like the thought of him coming to us if his heart isnt totally in it. If he wanted to come to a bigger club than Luton he would have done by now but has told us to Eff off. Now that he is unemployed he may think that this is better than nothing. I personally want more than that for this club. We are not Torquay United and our standards should be higher.

This is my first post. I am a freelance journalist (and also a City fan of longstanding - but one who has never 'signed up to any Forums - until now !).

Today, I was covering the Luton v Ipswich game for the Ipswich evening paper - and had chance to talk to Brian Stein (the Luton caretaker manager) immediately after the game. We obviously mainly talked about the Kenilworth Road triumph for the Tractor Boys; but Stein 'let slip' an amazing comment about Mike Newell (who he is still very close to) - apparently Mandaric contacted Newell yesterday (Friday) and has set up a meeting with him on Monday (at an unknown location) TO DISCUSS THE CITY MANAGERS JOB. Stein told me that Newell is uncertain if that means that Mandaric wants to discuss an IMMEDIATE offer - or one in the Summer. Mandaric did say though, that Rob Kelly's job is "on the line - depending on results" - and implying that today's game with QPR was "crucial" !

I've only just seen the City result (I've just filed my Ipswich match report), but I would think Mandaric is a busy man tonight, weighing up his options !

Bullshit..I know who's coming to Leicester and it ain't the sexist tosspot!

I just LOVE it when a rumour thread becomes a dick swinging contest by those supposedly in the know. :laugh:

It's Newell... no it's not... I know EXACTLY who it is... bla bla bla.

Lemme guess... Jim Smith? :rolleyes:

It's Jamie - that's why he got taken out at half-time, it was to meet with Mandy and sign a contract

Feel free to tell us or nobody will believe you and continue to think it's Newell.

I will post the betting slip on here as soon as I can find a bookies that will take the bet!...not able to place it at the moment because the vacancy is not open..and I sure as hell ain't spilling the beans till I have the longest odds....and by the way if it's Mike Newell I will skip naked around the Bullring with a flower in my teeth!

MM was clearly keen on Dowie, but it didn't happen. This would suggest he likes the youngish type of manager with some experience, and I'd say Newell falls into that category.

I don't think Newell was sacked simply because of results - bad though they've been. In the 24 hours leading up to his dismissal he started saying that 'people should investigate what's going on at this Club', and indeed if you look at the amount of selling that he's been forced into at Luton, you can hardly blame him. However, having had a warning from his Board earlier in the year he must have known these comments would get him in serious trouble.

Is it possible that Newell said what he did in order to get himself sacked? Whilst chairmen have to be careful about illegal approaches, it's not hard to imagine Newell receiving a text or call along the lines of 'Leicester would be interested .......'

This is all complete speculation on my part, admittedly. Do I think Newell will solve all our problems? No. Do I think he has some character and is prepared to take the game to the opposition? Yes. Do I think we need a change if we're to make progress? Yes.

I just LOVE it when a rumour thread becomes a dick swinging contest by those supposedly in the know. :laugh:

It's Newell... no it's not... I know EXACTLY who it is... bla bla bla.

Lemme guess... Jim Smith? :rolleyes:

I dont like to brag but I heard that the bloke who has just made a tidy sum selling his reggae reggae sauce is on his way as our new manager. He plans to spice things up. :D:P

Newell was just very unlucky at Luton. The board did not help his job one bit. They made it extremely hard for him to do his job let alone keep the team afloat in the league.

Did they expect to do well with all their best players gone? :dunno:

i know there's alot of PC types on here but 1 thing i do know is that if Newel doesn't get the job it won't be because he's 'sexist'. :rolleyes:

yes agree;

and ooooooh we can't have that can we :D a man with bottle to actually say what he thinks and not what the feminist mafia dictate

I will post the betting slip on here as soon as I can find a bookies that will take the bet!...not able to place it at the moment because the vacancy is not open..and I sure as hell ain't spilling the beans till I have the longest odds....and by the way if it's Mike Newell I will skip naked around the Bullring with a flower in my teeth!

I'll hold you to that.

Archived