Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Mike Newell is on his way !

He can be a bit of a neanderthal at times.

But so was Brian Clough in his time, and he didn't do too badly!

If he could produce consistent, attractive, WINNING football to take us back to the Premiership and keep us there, most fans would settle for that.

But a clash of egos with this chairman could easily bring the whole thing crashing around our ears...

Right - but you said anyone can make a team hard to beat.

That's not true - look at all the teams getting beat pretty much week in, week out.

It's an undervalued skill.

Having said that, I'd agree it's not what we need right now, we need more of a goalscoring threat.

That means an entire new midfield. A kick up the ar se for the ones in midfield I'd keep (Porter and well.. probably just Porter) and getting shot of Elvis Hammond.

Those other managers are perhaps not all trying to make their team hard to beat as such - not in the way that it was Kelly's declared intention.

And even he's made us hard to beat at times but at what a shameful cost!

At one time I would have loved to talk football with him but now I've only contempt for the bloke.

Not cos of our position or cos we've underperformed.

But because he's effectively stuck two fingers up at the game that gives him such a wonderful living - and the fans too in doing that.

So far too he's the best advert I've come across for a complete ban on coaching courses.

Right - but you said anyone can make a team hard to beat.

That's not true - look at all the teams getting beat pretty much week in, week out.

It's an undervalued skill.

Having said that, I'd agree it's not what we need right now, we need more of a goalscoring threat.

That means an entire new midfield. A kick up the ar se for the ones in midfield I'd keep (Porter and well.. probably just Porter) and getting shot of Elvis Hammond.

I think you have forgotten Wesolowski :thumbup:

According to the Merc, MM has flown to belgrade to see his mother and is not due back until later this week?

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

So unless Mike has gone with him cant see how they will be discussing anything today

I never said they were? It’s difficult to know what to believe.

All i know is that Kelly is shit, and so is the team

Sorry Comrade but Weso hasn’t exactly set the world alight. He should be given one more season and if can’t get fit he should be thrown out with the rest of the rubbish

Yes but hes got passion and he also is a promising young player, and its not surprising that when he came on on sat we got a consolation :)

Passion???

He's fat and unfit

He gets stuck in and its always nice to see a player who wants to.

His roundness is a welcomed change from hughes twigginess aswell.

Also he will shed some of the podge over the summer and will be ready and raring for next season.

lol

He gets stuck in and its always nice to see a player who wants to.

His roundness is a welcomed change from hughes twigginess aswell.

Also he will shed some of the podge over the summer and will be ready and raring for next season.

lol

After a summer of binge drinking with Stearman I very much doubt it

According to the Merc, MM has flown to belgrade to see his mother and is not due back until later this week?

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

So unless Mike has gone with him cant see how they will be discussing anything today

Having started this thread, I've been following events today with some interest. I was particularly keen to find out if the planned meeting went ahead - even if we couldn't learn what was discussed / decided. I've spoken to all my journalist contacts - and no one knew if the meeting was happening - until I spoke to a contact at the Evening Standard (London - how / why he found out, I know not !). The upshot is, the meeting WAS still going on - until a phone call from Belgrade on Saturday evening - Mandaric then re-scheduled his diary, in order to visit his mother. The Leicester Mercury is right, he is DUE to fly back on Thursday / Friday. NOBODY is sure IF the Newell meeting has been re-scheduled yet - but I'll keep my ear to the ground and let all know, when / if I know !

Having started this thread, I've been following events today with some interest. I was particularly keen to find out if the planned meeting went ahead - even if we couldn't learn what was discussed / decided. I've spoken to all my journalist contacts - and no one knew if the meeting was happening - until I spoke to a contact at the Evening Standard (London - how / why he found out, I know not !). The upshot is, the meeting WAS still going on - until a phone call from Belgrade on Saturday evening - Mandaric then re-scheduled his diary, in order to visit his mother. The Leicester Mercury is right, he is DUE to fly back on Thursday / Friday. NOBODY is sure IF the Newell meeting has been re-scheduled yet - but I'll keep my ear to the ground and let all know, when / if I know !

Maybe "my mother" is code for "Mike Newell"? Or have I been watchin too much 'Allo 'Allo?

Archived