Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Mike Newell is on his way !

This is my first post. I am a freelance journalist (and also a City fan of longstanding - but one who has never 'signed up to any Forums - until now !).

Today, I was covering the Luton v Ipswich game for the Ipswich evening paper - and had chance to talk to Brian Stein (the Luton caretaker manager) immediately after the game. We obviously mainly talked about the Kenilworth Road triumph for the Tractor Boys; but Stein 'let slip' an amazing comment about Mike Newell (who he is still very close to) - apparently Mandaric contacted Newell yesterday (Friday) and has set up a meeting with him on Monday (at an unknown location) TO DISCUSS THE CITY MANAGERS JOB. Stein told me that Newell is uncertain if that means that Mandaric wants to discuss an IMMEDIATE offer - or one in the Summer. Mandaric did say though, that Rob Kelly's job is "on the line - depending on results" - and implying that today's game with QPR was "crucial" !

I've only just seen the City result (I've just filed my Ipswich match report), but I would think Mandaric is a busy man tonight, weighing up his options !

If this interview was on the record, why didn't you sell the story? :nono:

If this interview was on the record, why didn't you sell the story? :nono:

I wouldn't say I've sold the story, but I've certainly passed it on to main news agencies - expect it to be in at least 2 of the Sunday tabloids tomorrow and 1 'quality'(there is a 'payback', in terms of extra freelance work !). Why do you think I waited until 6.30 to post it on a fans forum - I was busy sending it on to the nationals !? But I am a City fan and I thought City supporters should know asap - and Foxestalk IS the best forum.

I wouldn't say I've sold the story, but I've certainly passed it on to main news agencies - expect it to be in at least 2 of the Sunday tabloids tomorrow and 1 'quality'(there is a 'payback', in terms of extra freelance work !). Why do you think I waited until 6.30 to post it on a fans forum - I was busy sending it on to the nationals !? But I am a City fan and I thought City supporters should know asap - and Foxestalk IS the best forum.

Well I welcome it anyway. If this is true, great, Newell is exactly what we want, he did a good job until the rug was pulled from under him by the Luton Board. And Outfox the Fox sounds kosher, why would a journalist reporting for an Ipswich paper on a Luton game, bother to post this rumour, unless there was somthing in it? And I know Brian Stein is a big mate of Mike Newell, Newell was quoted last year as saying that if he left Luton he'd want to take Stein with him.

correct

also i believe you, top shout to tell us what you know.

Well I welcome it anyway. If this is true, great, Newell is exactly what we want, he did a good job until the rug was pulled from under him by the Luton Board. And Outfox the Fox sounds kosher, why would a journalist reporting for an Ipswich paper on a Luton game, bother to post this rumour, unless there was somthing in it? And I know Brian Stein is a big mate of Mike Newell, Newell was quoted last year as saying that if he left Luton he'd want to take Stein with him.

Yer I agree with what you are saying, I'm surprised Stein is still at Luton to be honest, would have thought he'd have gone at the same time as Newell.

I have to say that this rumour is most interesting and trustworthy. At least the thread starter isn't hiding away avoiding questions from us.

exactly, unlike the foxestrust or some bloke saying i saw so-and-so at some place with rob kelly

Mike Newell was forced to sell his best players,he also took Luton from a nothing side to a championship side.How can he be any worse than what we have now.Mike Newell says it as it is,he as some sort of personality..............What exactly does R. kelly have.Surely he cannot be any worse.

Mike Newell was forced to sell his best players,he also took Luton from a nothing side to a championship side.How can he be any worse than what we have now.Mike Newell says it as it is,he as some sort of personality..............What exactly does R. kelly have.Surely he cannot be any worse.

I wouldn't say he has any sort of personality to be honest.

He always looks bored and moody lollol

Newell in!! He speaks his mind, so what. Everything he has said is 100% true. Would be great here.

Speaks his mind and has pissed off every agent in the country.... you think they will want their clients (the players) to sign with him???

Speaks his mind and has pissed off every agent in the country.... you think they will want their clients (the players) to sign with him???

Well he would have only pissed off every corrupt agent in the country, so at least we know we won't be paying any bungs :whistle:

Why - don't they want to earn commissions anymore then? :blink:

You don't have to be mates to do business...and MM would be the one doing it anyway thus rendering this a mute point.

Stein didnt go with Newell because Newell wasnt sacked for bad results, in that case most the backroom staff usually get included in the sacking. So the board would have to pay off Stein to let him go. They know Newell will get a job soon and want to take Stein with him. They'll get a nice pay off for his services from whichever club Newell Joins (Leicester) :ph34r:

You're not the 'fake sheikh' who shafted Sven on that yacht are you?

This is my first post. I am a freelance journalist (and also a City fan of longstanding - but one who has never 'signed up to any Forums - until now !).

Today, I was covering the Luton v Ipswich game for the Ipswich evening paper - and had chance to talk to Brian Stein (the Luton caretaker manager) immediately after the game. We obviously mainly talked about the Kenilworth Road triumph for the Tractor Boys; but Stein 'let slip' an amazing comment about Mike Newell (who he is still very close to) - apparently Mandaric contacted Newell yesterday (Friday) and has set up a meeting with him on Monday (at an unknown location) TO DISCUSS THE CITY MANAGERS JOB. Stein told me that Newell is uncertain if that means that Mandaric wants to discuss an IMMEDIATE offer - or one in the Summer. Mandaric did say though, that Rob Kelly's job is "on the line - depending on results" - and implying that today's game with QPR was "crucial" !

I've only just seen the City result (I've just filed my Ipswich match report), but I would think Mandaric is a busy man tonight, weighing up his options !

Elvin King ??????

My Webpage

Ipswich Evening Star ???????

I remember last season when he was close to coming everyone, including myself, were extremely excited about the propect of hom being our manager. However since that time Luton have plumeted playing awful football, he has proven what a narrow-minded **** he is and he has been sacked by a team near the bottom of the table.

We'd be much better looking at someone like Colin Calderwood or another young lower league manager.

Archived