Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Stoke 4-2 Leicester Post Match Reaction

I wish Gerry would stop saying we're gonna be safe. The only way we'll be safe is to play some football, play with some concentration, play with some balance and earn, really earn some points.

It is no use dropping players for individual mistakes just so someone who has been out for a while can get a chance.

Players should be given their chance as part of the natural process and people who make individual errors occasionally should be assured that you've got faith in them.

He's done it before with Nils. I've never been the greatest fan of Nils as a left-back but he has been one of our steadiest players this season - and has probably played three or four bad games tops.

There was no justification in changing Nils in today's circumstances and if he did the only people under consideration should be left-backs ... Sheehan and Mattocks.

Using one of those there may have been a case for switching Nils to centre-back but I would simply have played Stearman there. He's a natural centre-back and by using him there we'd have only needed one change. Maybury could have stayed right -back and Nils left-back.

shit.jpeg

How much longer will Mandaric make us suffer while Kelly serves up more of the above?

As soon as Hughes came on to join Jarrett in central midfield, I knew we were doomed today.

After their shameful showing in the previous game, neither should have been anywhere near the squad.

Time for Mandy to put Kelly out of his and our misery!

Just heard Rob's interview on todays performance.

He said at 2-2 we looked in control so he made some positive subs to go on and win the match.

Why the hell is Rob making decisions to win a game with 30 minutes to go and not from the kick off? We should be going out to win all of our matches. At the end of the day, Stoke may be a well organised team but they are hardly world beaters!!

Robs negativity lost us this game today. Why not play Tiatto at left back with levi on the left wing to really attack Stokes defence?

The first goal was a clear mistake from Maybury, with Tiatto playing in this role, he would have cleared that ball into row Z and probably taken their player to! Playing players out of position does you no favours Rob.

The starting line up today shouted out that we would be playing for a point with the midfield lacking creativity, 3 defensive midfielders out of 4. We should have really gone for this game.

Finally, for Robs policy on bombing out players who make mistakes in matches (Nils-Eric dropped today), lets just see if this continues on Friday with the withdrawals of both Maybury and Jarrett after their cock ups today....i think not.

Really not looking forward to Derby, if Rob continues his negative tactics we will concede heavily!

Rob is clearly a nice guy, but he is out of his depth in management - Milan wants success not nice

Just heard Rob's interview on todays performance.

He said at 2-2 we looked in control so he made some positive subs to go on and win the match.

Why the hell is Rob making decisions to win a game with 30 minutes to go and not from the kick off? We should be going out to win all of our matches. At the end of the day, Stoke may be a well organised team but they are hardly world beaters!!

Robs negativity lost us this game today. Why not play Tiatto at left back with levi on the left wing to really attack Stokes defence?

The first goal was a clear mistake from Maybury, with Tiatto playing in this role, he would have cleared that ball into row Z and probably taken their player to! Playing players out of position does you no favours Rob.

The starting line up today shouted out that we would be playing for a point with the midfield lacking creativity, 3 defensive midfielders out of 4. We should have really gone for this game.

Finally, for Robs policy on bombing out players who make mistakes in matches (Nils-Eric dropped today), lets just see if this continues on Friday with the withdrawals of both Maybury and Jarrett after their cock ups today....i think not.

Really not looking forward to Derby, if Rob continues his negative tactics we will concede heavily!

Rob is clearly a nice guy, but he is out of his depth in management - Milan wants success not nice

Some good points. :thumbup:

Didn't we concede enough goals for you with four recognised defenders in defence?

Well to be fair, playing Maybury at left back is like playing with 3! He is average at right back but i feel we have better options than him at left back....nils, tiatto may even throw Mattock in as he seems to be getting good reviews from within the club.

I'd like to hear what some people who were there thought about our defence.

If what is supposedly our saving grace in terms of quality, depth and performance look dire two weeks running, then we really are fooked. Since I didn't see them, I can't really say, but Taggs (who sounds more articulate every week) was slating them constantly.

If Kelly wants to play defensively, he at leasts needs to make sure the fooking defence look half-decent. One more performance as bad as that sounded (again need confirmation from actual spectators) and I'm jumping on the Kelly Out bandwagon for the first time. For now I'm not bothered if he stays or goes.

Terrible defending today, nobody picking people up and 3 of the 4 goals were from errors from our players. Their first goal: Mistake by Maybury, why didn't he just get rid? Then Kisnorbo made an error. He should have either stayed in the middle or continued running, as it was he ran halfway and then stopped in the middle of nowhere. I don't know where Kenton was though, he left Stearman to cover 2 attackers and he just can't do it. The 2nd goal: Stupid lunge and a clear penalty for me, i just can't understand why he did it. 3rd goal: Jarrett's shocking attempt of a pass goes wrong and you just knew it would result in a goal.

At times today, i thought we looked decent. Newton and Stearman i thought played well down the right side and Hume yet again worked his socks off. But Maybury, Jarrett and Johnson were all awful again today, even Kisnorbo had a poor game and defensively we were shambolic, the midfield just wasn't getting back and helping.

Anyone know how Elvis got on today? I heard he had mis hit a shot or something on soccer saturday, was it more of the same then?

The mis-hit shot went in mate.

The mis-hit shot went in mate.

lol!!

We were bollocks again today by the sounds of it. Great stuff, we've gone away from home and scored 2 goals against a team chasing the playoffs. Fantastic you'd have thought. Not when we're involved though, as we conceded 2 more goals than we scored, mostly due to dire defending. No win now in 5, and the run of form is getting worse - isn't that defeat in the last 3 games now? Shite. I gave up listening at 3-2 to Stoke.

Anyone know how Elvis got on today? I heard he had mis hit a shot or something on soccer saturday, was it more of the same then?

His goal was very lucky indeed, completely mis-hit it then it just rolled in very, very slowly lol

F**k's sake. Even the goals we score are embarrassing. The first hardly sounded like Carlos Alberto in the 1970 World Cup Final either.

I didn't really see the 1st goal as I was busy watching Fatboy get chucked out (lol) but just he just tapped it into an empty net after the original shot was parried.

Archived