Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Stoke 4-2 Leicester Post Match Reaction

His post-match interview...

How come everyone on here can then, ey?

At least he sounded a little brave for once...

"There is not a lot anyone can really do about individual errors, apart from maybe looking at one or two different alternatives"

We definately seem to be playing like a side that has a manager who knows he is out of a job soon and where players know that they will be punted out because they are not upto playing at this level.

we were fecking awfull. i couldnt bear to watch the championship.

our 1st goal should never have stood, you could tell due to our muted celebrations. their 1st goal should never have came about it was maybury being a **** again and for this he should be out on his arse soon.

cant blame the ref for the pen but my god did there player dive it was awfull.

our 2nd was pure comedy in the way it trickled over the line, elvis knows he shouldnt play for us and he knows we dont like it when he does hence why he hardly celebrated. i would of took a draw before the game but why did kelly wait untill 3-2 down for bring Fryatt on? at this point he had no chance to get into it, he should of been brought on after 70 mins.

it needs sorting out pretty quick or Derby will find their 1st win at the walkers stadium live on sky :( emabarassing to think of this.

listening to the radio and seeing the little bit on the championship kelly seems to have got his tactics right for this one. we were badly let down by individual mistakes. fair enough RK picks the team and motivates them so he must take his share of the blame. i think the problem is the fact that the players know kelly's on his way and some of them must suspect they are too. the only solution seems to be to sack kelly now and bring in a replacement (either newel or robson) immediately.

listening to the radio and seeing the little bit on the championship kelly seems to have got his tactics right for this one. we were badly let down by individual mistakes. fair enough RK picks the team and motivates them so he must take his share of the blame. i think the problem is the fact that the players know kelly's on his way and some of them must suspect they are too. the only solution seems to be to sack kelly now and bring in a replacement (either newel or robson) immediately.

Despite the players not playing upto there standard, I dont think they are much better than they are putting in anyway. Some players may over achieve and some may play below standard and we have average players playing below standard. the quicker we punt out the donkeys and bring in better players who give two tosses the better we will be.

Well he's not going to come out and say how shit they were.

Why not? I would do. They need it. I'm under no illusions that this is a promotion-chasing team, but even with the likes of Johnson, Hughes, McCarthy and co., we should be higher in the league than what we are. When I look at some of the bollocks that is above us in the division, I feel like crying. I really do. This group of players are not pulling their weight at all. They need a massive kick up the fooking arse, and if he's not getting it done by slating them in private, maybe he should declare his feelings of disgust in public as opposed to molly-coddling them and making excuses for totally inept displays.

Why not? I would do. They need it. I'm under no illusions that this is a promotion-chasing team, but even with the likes of Johnson, Hughes, McCarthy and co., we should be higher in the league than what we are. When I look at some of the bollocks that is above us in the division, I feel like crying. I really do. This group of players are not pulling their weight at all. They need a massive kick up the fooking arse, and if he's not getting it done by slating them in private, maybe he should declare his feelings of disgust in public as opposed to molly-coddling them and making excuses for totally inept displays.

Taggart had no illusions and had the bottle to say so - at least as far as was publicly and professionally acceptable. I don't think he'd have done that lightly any more than Lisa - as a genuinely long term and stalwart fan - would have expressed so much disatisfaction.

Taggart had no illusions and had the bottle to say so - at least as far as was publicly and professionally acceptable.

I can see what you're saying, and I'd expect no less from Taggart, but that's beside the point. Taggart doesn't pick the team. Taggart isn't the manager. Taggart doesn't travel to games with them, and he isn't the one the players have to answer to after giving another shit day at the office. That honour falls to Mr Robert Kelly. And he hasn't got the bottle to say what needs saying.

You're right.

At the QPR game, Kelly was shouting his fooking head off, and replaced the whole central midfield at once, and I felt almost sorry for him. I thought the players were letting him down at it was the them, not his tactics at fault. He seemed to be trying to do the right things.

Then I heard him on the radio afterwards and he sounded completely pathetic. Not a trace of anger. He just sounded baffled and disappointed. I can see exactly why he's been compared to McClaren so much.

I'm hoping it was a poorly judged PR thing and he was actually tearing the players a new arse, but on yesterday's performance I'd guess not.

I had my doubts with Kelly but was prepared to see him through to the end of the season but he has had enough chances now and he has got to go.

I felt the same. Enough is enough now. :frusty:

If Kelly hasn't got the balls to put his hands up and say "I've got it wrong - again", then he's the wrong man for the job. Plenty of other managers will do that, and they have gained respect for doing so.

If Kelly hasn't got the balls to put his hands up and say "I've got it wrong - again", then he's the wrong man for the job. Plenty of other managers will do that, and they have gained respect for doing so.

He gets different bits wrong every week, though. When he gets the players going, the tactics look dire, and when the tactics look decent the players look like they can't be arsed. It's like he's changing focus every week or something.

Exactly. It's really annoying to see our manager come out every week and give us some bollocks. Why can he not just notice that he has fecked up adn out his hands up and admit it, he'd maybe gain a little more respect at least.

Kelly Quotes

"Individual errors cost us"
"I can't fault the effort of the players. There was no lack of commitment - we just conceded bad goals."

So you can question their ability and I think a few fans would question their efforts

He gets different bits wrong every week, though. When he gets the players going, the tactics look dire, and when the tactics look decent the players look like they can't be arsed. It's like he's changing focus every week or something.

:thumbup: Over the course of this season (cup games excluded), Kelly has rarely ever got both things right (motivation and tactics). It's a farce really. He still actually believes that there is nothing wrong and we are just a little bit unlucky, but if we keep redoubling the efforts on the training ground, things will eventually fall into place for us, as he has a smashing bunch of lads and they all want to do well and win for us. My fooking arse do they. If Kelly really thinks there's nothing wrong with the effort of these players, he needs to get himself sectioned. Moron.

:thumbup: Over the course of this season (cup games excluded), Kelly has rarely ever got both things right (motivation and tactics). It's a farce really. He still actually believes that there is nothing wrong and we are just a little bit unlucky, but if we keep redoubling the efforts on the training ground, things will eventually fall into place for us, as he has a smashing bunch of lads and they all want to do well and win for us. My fooking arse do they. If Kelly really thinks there's nothing wrong with the effort of these players, he needs to get himself sectioned. Moron.

lol...I crack up everytime someone mentions the 'smashing bunch of lads'

I remember the season we could of possibly been challenging for

Europe

if it wasn't for the last 10 mins. :ph34r:

Possibly? We would have made the Champions League iirc had it not been for the last ten minutes. As it happens, we were relegated. lol!

Possibly? We would have made the Champions League iirc had it not been for the last ten minutes. As it happens, we were relegated. lol!

Bet Rob Kelly can't wait to pull this out of his locker

"We are potentially a side that could challenge for Europe, we've just been unlucky."

Exactly. It's the reason why so many people, myself included, have been patient so far, because you can, just occasionally, catch glimpses of a half decent team and a half decent coach beneath all the shit they've served up so far.

Unfortunately, the longer Kelly has, the more it becomes clear that those snatched glimpses are all we're going to get.

"We are potentially a side that could challenge for Europe, we've just beeun unlucky."

Rob Kelly? Europe? The closest he'll get is the Final Countdown. (da-da-dowww doww, da da da dowww, da-da dowww dowww dowww!)

yeah I know that was pretty poor :unsure:

:frusty:

Can't believe we conceeded 4 goals at stoke!! Kelly is on his way out. I will leave the timing up to MM so long as its before the end of may.

Kelly - nice guy, thanks for helping out last season, but please go now!

Archived