Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Stoke 4-2 Leicester Post Match Reaction

Absolutely.

For everyone that says Kelly should go now is really missing the point: It is too ****sing late.

He should have gone in the summer...or in December...or as soon as MM came in.

And anyone wanting a poll - let's meet up back here once the Mods & Admin have all gone bye-byes...then we can have a good old Kelly Out! poll

Haha lol

If kelly gets sacked - Stowell caretaker. (I'd imagine)

Honestly don't care if MM has got a new man lined up yet.

Even if Beaglehole had to take temporary charge I'd sooner that than continue with such extraordinary tactics.

My main complaints were not about Kelly choosing to leave Fryatt and Porter out of the starting line-up if they weren't fully fit.

My grouse was our making so many defensive changes which involved people playing out of position.

It sounds as if our general play was typically disjointed and uninspiring but two goals away from home should have been enough for a point.

Once again Kelly seemed totally incapable of controlling the game from 2-all.

Introducing Fryatt was fine if you want to be positive but changing to 3-4-3 when the team never plays that system was just daft.

Four-three-three would have been fine with Porter in midfield instead of Jarrett but no - Kelly never does the obvious and effective thing.

Why 4-3-3? Because Porter's a good attacking central midfielder and we didn't need width because crosses weren't going to be the way through the Stoke defence and because close support was vital and would never happen with 3-4-3 - especially with defenders already shell-shocked.

Im so glad i didnt waste my money on going today. I really am.

Didnt hear any of the game but by what people have said it sounded dreadful. I feel sorry for the poor Basterds who went and paid money to watch us. Bunch of Clowns.

East London, to be less specific.

I'd rather talk geography than football.

North East London to be a touch more specific but still not very precise

Yea - let's talk geography...

I love subduction zones. Fact.

The line up was shite, Defence was shite, Midfield was shite, Hammonds goal was shite, Kelly was shite, All in all it was shite.

Now the players will really need to pull their fingers out because we have got a hard run in of games, and we are no way out of the relegation battle.

Well they certainly made an impression

Defenders told to take chance By Andy Mann

Leicester City boss Robert Kelly today challenged his defenders to make their mark at Stoke tomorrow after Gareth McAuley was ruled out.

The centre-back is prevented from playing in the Championship clash after Northern Ireland invoked FIFA's five-day embargo

McAuley had been withdrawn from the Northern Ireland squad for their two European Championship qualifiers with a hamstring injury.

It was a problem that prevented the 27-year-old playing in City's 3-1 defeat against QPR immediately before the two-week international break.

Now Kelly has confirmed that the Irish FA have invoked the rule that prevents McAuley playing, even if he was fit.

City boss Kelly said: "Northern Ireland have imposed the rule. Whether Gareth is fit or not, he won't be available for the weekend.

"It is disappointing. I spoke with the Northern Ireland manager (Lawrie Sanchez) and had a very civil conversation with him, but there's nothing we can do about it.

"It's a chance for someone else. I thought Darren Kenton came in against QPR and did all right.

"It's a chance for him and others to make a mark for themselves."

City face a tough task at both ends of the pitch tomorrow.

Stoke have conceded the fewest number of goals in the Championship, just 33, while the likes of Mamady Sidibe, Jon Parkin and Carl Hoefkens are all in excess of 6ft and will pose a threat at set-pieces.

Kelly said: "They are very well organised. Tony Pulis does a very good job with them.

"I don't think they are a complicated side. They are competitive and will ask questions in both boxes."

Interesting stat re their defence - we manage to squeeze two and still fook it up.

Why did he leave nissa out again for maybury ?

The man is a fooking clown.

Argh.

I don't think Kelly even knows!

Archived