Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Playstation 3

The Wii is fairly boring as well. XBox will come to dominate. Sony may not release another console for a while due to the losses made on this one, and Nintendo will move either into niche gaming (Wii, Portable consoles) or just become a games developer for the other machines. XBox will come out on top, mark my words.

they dont make profit on the console anyway :P the profit comes from games and addons

1. It looks like a Breville sandwich toaster :thumbup:

2. Who wants/needs a blu-ray player? :dunno:

I am one of the rare people that owns one of these beasties and I ask myself this same question Dave.

TBH i think it will be a winner over time, £425 for about 4 years of gaming entertainment is quite good, i will wait about 1 year or for it to go down by about £100 and play it for 3 years. it is still a stunning console and a blue ray dvd would cost about 3-400 on its own

But the 360 does exactly the same, and the Blu Ray DVD could still end up obselete much like Betamax.

But the 360 does exactly the same, and the Blu Ray DVD could still end up obselete much like Betamax.

I can't see the difference between Blue Ray and DVD having watched both.

I can't see the difference between Blue Ray and DVD having watched both.

have you got a full HD tv 1080p for instance on a cheaper LCD HD one you probably wouldn't see any difference it's just a big con imo and others have said could well end up being the new betamax

me neither which adds to the point of Blu Ray being totally pointless!!

Very true.

The other thing about Blu Ray is how many people have actually replaced there TV's for HD TV's so far? If you don't have a HD TV then its pants anyway.

Very true.

The other thing about Blu Ray is how many people have actually replaced there TV's for HD TV's so far? If you don't have a HD TV then its pants anyway.

Well imo, HD tv and PS3/Xbox 360 is part of the same next generation, you need both for the full benefit

I love my PC - I can play my kind of games AND do other stuff. Doesn't go out of date too quickly either. Never really seen the point of consoles tbh.

Totally disagree...you are always getting new pc games which demand better graphics cards etc such as half life.

At least with consoles, they will be able to play games without the worry of lag, bad framerates etc

• 1 year later...

wow just downloaded the latest update for the ps3 and you can view websites on it now!

you could probably do this before i'm just slow in finding out. again.

writing this message on my ps3 now. i don't think i'll make a habit of writing messages on it though it's taking forever!

you can view also send and view messages that have been sent while in a game now without having to quit the game, which xbox users have always been able to do - this is the only bad thing about the ps3 and now its been sorted! :thumbup:

wow just downloaded the latest update for the ps3 and you can view websites on it now!

you could probably do this before i'm just slow in finding out. again.

Yes. You always could. Providing you had the internet. Obviously.

Yes. You always could. Providing you had the internet. Obviously.

I knew you could view the Playstation website and download demo's e.t.c, but never come across the google search bit or come across viewing the Leicester website, e.t.c.

Nothing compared to the 360.

PS3's are dog, COD on PS3 is wank along with Pro.

Won a 360 a year or so ago , had it 2 weeks then sold it was not impressed at all . Got a PS3 and a wii but rarely play either of them

You cannot possibly compare the online capabilities of Pro Evo and COD4 on the same level for PS3.

Yes, the lag is terrible on Pro Evo and it makes it unplayable. However, COD4 is as good as it gets and is far from being 'wank' as you suggest.

I will not be drawn into a 360 v PS3 arguement, however, it is only a matter of time before the games developers get their heads round the superior hardware contained within each and every PS3.

Unfortunately, since the Wii is easy and cheap to produce games for, and the fact that the 360 had a head start, this hasn't helped the PS3 much. Factor in the likelihood that many households still haven't fully embraced the HD world and it's no surprise the PS3 is behind.

But it's catching up.

Correct.

I've just played on my mates 360 and I must say I don't like it, Maybe its because i'm used to the PS3 but I just don't like it. Was playing Fifa on it and it's rubbish - He has Pro Evo and says its rubbish, COD seems the same on the 360 as it does on my PS3 - Shite (Mainly because i'm shit at it).

But now the PS3 has been sorted so you can send and read messages without quiting the game (Which really IMO was the only problem with the PS3) i'm glad I bought the PS3 over a 360.

But like I said personal opinion and preference really.

You cannot possibly compare the online capabilities of Pro Evo and COD4 on the same level for PS3.

Yes, the lag is terrible on Pro Evo and it makes it unplayable. However, COD4 is as good as it gets and is far from being 'wank' as you suggest.

I will not be drawn into a 360 v PS3 arguement, however, it is only a matter of time before the games developers get their heads round the superior hardware contained within each and every PS3.

Unfortunately, since the Wii is easy and cheap to produce games for, and the fact that the 360 had a head start, this hasn't helped the PS3 much. Factor in the likelihood that many households still haven't fully embraced the HD world and it's no surprise the PS3 is behind.

But it's catching up.

So why there busy "catching up" what are Microsoft doing ? Nothing whilst waiting for them to catch up? I think not. lol

Like Matt says its personal preference.

I am not even going to get started on this debate, yet again!

Pure and utter child's play.

As mentioned by Matt, in what was actually the best word of this entire topic, PREFERENCE is the answer.

There are so many Immature kids on here.

Spoils the concept of a good forum.

Oh and for what it is worth, I am a very happy PS3 owner and no I don't care if your Xbox 360 is better than my PS3...

Archived