Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Playstation 3

I'd have appended this, but search is dead:

PlayStation 3 sales plummet in UK

In its second week of release in the UK, Chart Track has revealed and confirmed that sales of the Sony PlayStation 3 have plummeted 82 percent.

Chart Track gathered the information from over 7000 UK retail outlets including Gamestation, play.com, HMV and GAME.

After a strong first week it seems the demand for the PS3 has fallen substantially in the UK.

Also in this weeks charts it is revealed that sales of the top PS3 games; Resistance: Fall of Man and MotorStorm have dropped by over 60 percent.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has yet to comment on the numbers.

I'm just off out to do the "I Told You So" dance :cool:

Could you film it for me? I've never had the pleasure of performing one :unsure:

Quick - Predict a humiliating defeat tomorrow with a lacklustre performance by City.

Friday night will be yours :thumbup:

I have to say I have one, as I had a Sega Saturn, Atari Dreamcast, and the games feel very not much goodish.

I'd say don't get one for now.....unless anyone wants one for £550?

They may as well waited to release it before Christmas '07. By then there would have been more games developed too.

They are just skimming the market becuase some people will buy it now and you'll still got your mad rush when the price drops at Christmas. I the end they'll lose to Microsft as Sony are losing monet on every Ps3 they sell apparently.

PS3 will dominate again, it'll just be a slow builder.

Saw one today rigged up to a high-def tellly and it looked immense. As console generations go on, graphics get better and better, and because of the way the PS3 is, it's supposedly difficult to get 100% out of. Which means games should look better and better for it every year.

Parts for it will plummet in price, (Xbox 360 was initially sold at a loss but now they make money per console sold despite the price drop) and the price will go down.

Sony have also talked about it being a console that lasts 10 years, which with the power it has could well prove true.

In short: Long lifespan + falling price + overall goodness = eventual success.

Not that I'm buying one anytime soon.

Sony well and truly missed the boat for the early adapters of new generation gear.

They might pick up more of the later joiners (those who sneak in to buy a year before a new generation in the hope of saving themselves a couple of hundred dollars/quids/yens)... but that's not really where the money is, sadly for Sony.

They gambled on too much new technology and they've blobbed it.

Better luck with the fourth generation, though. :laugh:

you could quite easily argue that the original XBOX was a far better machine than than the PS2 but the one that came first was the one that had the most success!!

I know plenty of people who already have an XBOX360 they have got their foot in the door and the crazy release price is almost identical to when the first XBOX was released and they suddenly released after about 3weeks that they weren't going to sell any at such a stupid price!

better or not I for one could not justify spending £425.00 when I could spend £280 and get a 360 with PE6 and a couple more games. Unless the ps3 goes down to about £300 I don't think I and many others will bother but of course if that happens the 360 will no doubt be under £200.00 and will probably still sell more.

I am sticking with my 360 for the time being

The Wii is fairly boring as well. XBox will come to dominate. Sony may not release another console for a while due to the losses made on this one, and Nintendo will move either into niche gaming (Wii, Portable consoles) or just become a games developer for the other machines. XBox will come out on top, mark my words.

TBH i think it will be a winner over time, £425 for about 4 years of gaming entertainment is quite good, i will wait about 1 year or for it to go down by about £100 and play it for 3 years. it is still a stunning console and a blue ray dvd would cost about 3-400 on its own

Archived