Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Most important team selection

i would love to compromise on a 5-3-2 or a 3-5-2 but its either too defensive to too over loaded in midfield.

Maybe a 4-3-3 is the answer, but then comes risk into the equation. I fear another defeat coupled with an unacceptable display against norwich will undermime the reason wortho was drafted in and all will go pear shaped for the final 4 games......can you justify this risk?

PS is it possible to teach tired minds a new formation at this stage of the season?

I don't think the team I've chosen would be tired. King, Weso, Stearman, Tiatto, Fryatt, Hammond will be fresh and eager to impress.

In fact the team might - and I only say might - have energy and ideas that the usual tired flops have lacked.

As for risk every selection is a risk but we've risked and lost with the status quo for so long we're hovering on the verge of disaster.

There is no logical reason to believe that more of the same will produce different results which is why change is vital.

But it's only debate. I cannot believe that Worthington will suddenly change his personality and become a managerial adventurer. Levein didn't, Kelly didn't and Worthington seems to be from exactly the same predictable mould.

Hard to beat will remain the watchword but it will be a lottery because all the motivation possible won't mend our lack of balance nor counter the speed, support, passing and concentration deficits by which the present policy founders.

I don't think the team I've chosen would be tired. King, Weso, Stearman, Tiatto, Fryatt, Hammond will be fresh and eager to impress.

I'd have thought that Weso, Stearman and Fryatt would be the least fit ones.

I'd have thought that Weso, Stearman and Fryatt would be the least fit ones.

He did say mentally fit. And if they are not physically fit by now then they should be ashamed, though that's not saying you might not be proved right.

The players out there should be players who are playing for their future here at LCFC or who want to attract clubs to buy them. The players who got on with RK knew that they were safe so they didn't have to perform to their maximum. NW should play young and hungry players but with a mix of players who want to be here next season. Horsfield would be a good bet for a target man IF he truly wants to be here next season and I believe Jarrett will want to get back in NW 'good books'.

My team?

Henderson (pretty good, has to prove himself for next season)

[RB] Maybury (he's diabolical at times but I believe he can be good and he will be now he knows he has to play for his future)

Kisnorbo (Do I have to explain?)

Kenton (Had a bit of a bad spell with injurys, HAS to prove himself for next season)

[LB] Joe Mattock (Not seen him play but his reviews have been top)

[RM] Newton (If he really wants to stay, let him prove it)

Andy King (Again, not seen him play but his reviews have been top)

Jarrett (He can work all day and has to prove himself)

[LM] Porter (We need someone good in the team :P)

Fryatt (Got to get back to scoring ways, and he seems to be getting there.) Bring on for Hume (Our best striker)

Horsfield (If he can knock it down for Fryatt... deadly. He also has said he wants to be here for next season, let him prove it)

He did say mentally fit. And if they are not physically fit by now then they should be ashamed, though that's not saying you might not be proved right.

I think it's a fundamental problem at our club, the fitness levels are just not good enough.

The players out there should be players who are playing for their future here at LCFC or who want to attract clubs to buy them. The players who got on with RK knew that they were safe so they didn't have to perform to their maximum. NW should play young and hungry players but with a mix of players who want to be here next season. Horsfield would be a good bet for a target man IF he truly wants to be here next season and I believe Jarrett will want to get back in NW 'good books'.

My team?

Henderson (pretty good, has to prove himself for next season)

[RB] Maybury (he's diabolical at times but I believe he can be good and he will be now he knows he has to play for his future)

Kisnorbo (Do I have to explain?)

Kenton (Had a bit of a bad spell with injurys, HAS to prove himself for next season)

[LB] Joe Mattock (Not seen him play but his reviews have been top)

[RM] Newton (If he really wants to stay, let him prove it)

Andy King (Again, not seen him play but his reviews have been top)

Jarrett (He can work all day and has to prove himself)

[LM] Porter (We need someone good in the team :P)

Fryatt (Got to get back to scoring ways, and he seems to be getting there.) Bring on for Hume (Our best striker)

Horsfield (If he can knock it down for Fryatt... deadly. He also has said he wants to be here for next season, let him prove it)

Kenton over McAuley? Horse over Hume? Bizarre, although I agree with the rest. I'd probs choose Weso over Jarrett as well but I think I have more time for JJ than most.

I just hope hes not a fan of Elvis.

Well he had him on loan and didn't buy him.

I'd go:

Henderson

Kenton McAuley Kisnorbo Nils

Hume Jarrett Weso Porter

Fryatt Horsefield

Not sure about the centre of midfield, but we don't really have alot of choice.

Would like to see some young lads play but do that at preston when we have got to 50+ points (i hope)

In fact the team might - and I only say might - have energy and ideas that the usual tired flops have lacked.

As for risk every selection is a risk but we've risked and lost with the status quo for so long we're hovering on the verge of disaster.

There is no logical reason to believe that more of the same will produce different results which is why change is vital.

But it's only debate. I cannot believe that Worthington will suddenly change his personality and become a managerial adventurer. Levein didn't, Kelly didn't and Worthington seems to be from exactly the same predictable mould.

Hard to beat will remain the watchword but it will be a lottery because all the motivation possible won't mend our lack of balance nor counter the speed, support, passing and concentration deficits by which the present policy founders.

i like your murinhio style attitude. i see where you are comming from. i cant really disagree with it as it makes sense.

the logic begind expecting a better result with a 4-4-2 and the same team is a new manager and the lift that should bring, even if for 1 match.

it is a difficult call as to whether the young can show the tried and tested the way forward, i know i keep comming back to the risk but teaching tired old doge new tricks is something i really cant see happening, with 5 games left to perfect.

I am tempted to talk about removing the shackles and playing with freedom and expression with a 4-4-2, i understand a few youth players have been training with the team today? does this bring a lift with it? only time will tell...perhaps this has a better chance, but is this blurring the 4-3-3 with the youthful energy you suggest?

at this stage in the season we cannot be playing 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 or 2-2-4 or anything but a solid 4-4-2 call me old fashinoed if you like.

Henderson

Kenton ??

McAuley

Kisnorbo

nissa

Newton

Jarret??

Weso

Porter

Hume

Fryatt

the only question marks are against kenton and jarret.

this team/formation coupled with a raised bar and we should be ok.

Old fashioned. ;):thumbup:

If 'Nige' DOES want to land the job full time then the best thing he could do is take some chances with a few youngsters and start playing attractive football and winning matches. He must know that the current state of affairs wasn't working- he needs to change the side.

With a bit of luck these youngsters will get their chance.

He has to make changes. He's not stupid enough to not realise the team that has been playing week in week out is not good enough to grab 3 points. There will be changes, just not drastic ones. I'm guessing he'll go for experience on Saturday.

He has to make changes. He's not stupid enough to not realise the team that has been playing week in week out is not good enough to grab 3 points. There will be changes, just not drastic ones. I'm guessing he'll go for experience on Saturday.

Not more experience. Ever since that word was mentioned it's been one helping of despair after another...

He should just go best available.

He's got a five game task so I doubt he will be looking forward too far.

Players who might have a future with the club probably won't concern him.

He may only have a five game remit, but he's admitted he's got an eye on the gig full-time.

So, it is possible that the future does interest and concern him to some extent.

Obviously, the near-term is the most important aspect... he's not got much to concern himself with, as far as the future goes, if he doesn't do well enough in the near term. ;)

Kenton over McAuley? Horse over Hume? Bizarre, although I agree with the rest. I'd probs choose Weso over Jarrett as well but I think I have more time for JJ than most.

Well McAuley has already done enough to stay here next season, and I think Kenton has got potential and unless he is given time to show it...

And I have said that the Horse has to prove himself for next season and IF he can knock it down for Fryatt, then Fryatt can get the service he needs.

If we are struggling, bring Hume on though.

Well McAuley has already done enough to stay here next season, and I think Kenton has got potential and unless he is given time to show it...

And I have said that the Horse has to prove himself for next season and IF he can knock it down for Fryatt, then Fryatt can get the service he needs.

Why would you drop Hume??????? :dunno:

Do you not think that since we're still bricking it, we should field the best eleven we can muster?

This is no time for future planning, we're still too close to the edge for that.

If McAuley is fit, McAuley must play. Perhaps our defence will be a bit tighter than it has been over the past four weeks. :ermm:

As much as we'd all like Wortho to make changes I can honestly see him sticking to the same sort of side prob consisting of....

Hendo

Nissa

Macauley

Kish

Maybes

Porter

Jarret

Johno / Weso

Hughes / Yeates

Hume

Fryatt / Hamm / Horse

Maybury is a reasonably good full-back but not for us right now. He's been partly responsible for us conceding three or four of our recent goals and has hardly been outstanding in his general play. Stearman was dropped at the beginning of the season for playing badly and Maybury should suffer the same consequences now.

Henderson

Stearman (Pull your bloody socks up!)

McCauley (god i hope he's fit)

Kisnorbo

Nils

Newton

Wesoloski

Jarrett (not happy picking him but least he will battle all day long)

Porter

Hume

Fryatt

Subs - Logan, Kenton, Gradel, King, Hammond

Archived