Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wycombe Fox

Norwich City Match Thread

From the OS. ;):thumbup: One for Thracian. :D :D

Two Changes

Nigel Worthington begins his reign as Leicester City boss by making two changes to the starting line up for the Championship clash against Norwich City at the Walkers Stadium.

In come Conrad Logan and Gareth McAuley for Paul Henderson and Alan Maybury.

Henderson drops to the bench, while Maybury has been left out of the 16.

Darren Kenton is expected to switch to right-back to allow McAuley to take up a position in the centre of the Leicester defence.

The City midfield is as was for the Plymouth game on Monday, with Iain Hume and Matty Fryatt again starting in attack.

The big surprise of the day comes on the bench, with 16-year-old Academy star Joe Mattock making the 16.

Mattock has come up through the Leicester ranks, and has played for England through the youth levels. He recently represented his country in an international tournament in Slovenia - starting all three games.

Mattock grew up in the Eyres Monsell area of the city, and will celebrate his 17th birthday on May 17 this year. He has been handed the number 30 shirt.

City: Logan, Kenton, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Johansson, Newton, Jarrett, Wesolowski, Porter, Hume, Fryatt.

Subs: Henderson, Horsfield, Stearman, Hammond, Mattock.

Norwich: to follow.

:scarf::yahoo::bounce:COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUUUUUES!!!!! :bounce::yahoo::scarf:

Great to see Mattock in the squad, hope he gets on. Interesting that he's dropped Hendo, not sure what to make of that.

But most importantly - GAZZA'S BACK! :banana::banana::banana:

I think we're gonna win 2-0 today. :cool:

I think that's the 16 dirty berty named yesterday.

He had Logan in goal and Kenton at RB.

It must be something of a sign that Mattock - age 16 - gets called to the 16 before some other academy players.

But that's a discussion for another time.

:scarf: Come On Leicester! :chant:

Yeah I think that Logan is a sign of direct football... utilising his superior kicking.

That's a good bench though. Stearman and Mattock are more attacking than Kenton and Nils, and he's given us plenty of options to change things up front.

I think that's the 16 dirty berty named yesterday.

He had Logan in goal and Kenton at RB.

It must be something of a sign that Mattock - age 16 - gets called to the 16 before some other academy players.

But that's a discussion for another time.

:scarf: Come On Leicester! :chant:

I think Worthingtons just trying to make a point.

Not a very good idea if you ask me, 16 is a very very young age to be expected to play Championhsip football.

He's a very good player Joe Mattock, he is one academy player I've always had time for. I hope Nige knows that he's doing!

I was going to say - someone, somewhere must rate him. You don't play all those games for a national youth squad unless someone thinks highly of you. I know it's U17's or whatever... but there's plenty of 16/17 year olds in the country to compete with. ;)

It's not just a handful of cameo appearances either, he starts plenty of games.

Best of luck to him if he's thrown into it later today. ;)

Archived