Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Leicester 1 - Norwich 2 -- Post Match Comments

What a sad event, not even a new regime coud change our fortunes. Normally I would say the buck stops with the manager but now wortho's job starts proper for sure. The side and players have failure written all over them, we couldn't muster up a response when we were losing!!

Oh dear.

The players really dont give a shit about playing for our club. -

:thumbup: .Exactly, over paid tossers with no interest in the club at all.

The decsion to bring Fryatt of was bad. Ok he might not be fully fit yet but he looked the only one that could score. Hume should not of been as selfish as he was when he hit the side netting. That could of killed Norwhich of. At times it was like we wanted them to score. Backing of Huckerby all the time and inviting him to create. When Earnshaw came on it looked like the beginning of the end for us. McAuley could not handle him at all. Neither could Nils. We are in big time shite. If the players don't sort themselves out by Tuesday it could be curtains.

OK now I'm worried. Before I was 110% confident we'd stay up but when I looked to find we were only 2 points above the drop zone I was horrified. With the reamining fixtures we have left it's going to be a nervy and anxious finish for our team. :mellow:

OK now I'm worried. Before I was 110% confident we'd stay up but when I looked to find we were only 2 points above the drop zone I was horrified. With the reamining fixtures we have left it's going to be a nervy and anxious finish for our team. :mellow:

Every team around the bottom seems to be picking up points. Except us. :angry:

For me it beggars belief that against a not particularly good just below mid table team with a lengthy injury list we're not able to win by the simple measure of all our players applying themselves that little bit more than the opposition.

Perhaps too many of them simply don't care, surrounded as they are by agents who tell them not to worry about being relegated as they'll be able to fix them up with another Club.

I bleed for my Club tonight. I've always felt we'll do just enough to keep afloat this season, but tonight I've genuinely been preparing myself for life in the thrid tier of English football for the first time ever.

I still, perhaps madly, think we'll pull a rabbit out of the hat and go and do something daft like beating Birmingham. I still don't really think we'll go down. But perhaps I'm in denial.

For me it beggars belief that against a not particularly good just below mid table team with a lengthy injury list we're not able to win by the simple measure of all our players applying themselves that little bit more than the opposition.

Perhaps too many of them simply don't care, surrounded as they are by agents who tell them not to worry about being relegated as they'll be able to fix them up with another Club.

I bleed for my Club tonight. I've always felt we'll do just enough to keep afloat this season, but tonight I've genuinely been preparing myself for life in the thrid tier of English football for the first time ever.

I still, perhaps madly, think we'll pull a rabbit out of the hat and go and do something daft like beating Birmingham. I still don't really think we'll go down. But perhaps I'm in denial.

Good post and we all feel the same. Hopefully we will pull a rabbit out the hat but who knows? :dunno:

A win and a draw and we stay up. The worrying thing is that the sides below us are hitting form at the most annoying time. I'm more nervous about relegation than I was at the start of the weekend but I'm still confident that we'll stay up. The squad need a few more days on Wortho's regime (fitness) after the dire state that Captain Cock left us in. A draw against Brum will give us a slight confidence boost, we should get a point against Wolves, and beat Barnsley. We actually need Derby to batter Leeds on the final day of the season.

WE JUST NEED TO SCORE GOALS!

I'm not going to look back through the pages but has anyone mentioned how greedy Hume was? :mad:

He was running down the byline... two LCFC players waiting in the box and he shoots..... yes he was standing on the byline and he shoots. Of course it went in the side netting but I can't believe how greedy he was :angry:

I'm not going to look back through the pages but has anyone mentioned how greedy Hume was? :mad:

He was running down the byline... two LCFC players waiting in the box and he shoots..... yes he was standing on the byline and he shoots. Of course it went in the side netting but I can't believe how greedy he was :angry:

Yes I have.

His greediness could've cost us the game in my opinion - if we went 2-0 up who knows what would've happened. We would have grown in confidence and may have won the game.

People are taken in by his work ethic and the fact that he works his socks off. I really couldn't give a toss about that if he goes and does things like this. Complete fool :mad:

There is something to be said about the fans of this club and players who run around a lot, especially the headless chicken type.

After today, I cannot see where we will pick up another point from. We're doomed.

Preston and Birmingham look our best bet owing to their inconsistency atm. Barnsley are looking v good

Cheaper tickets and new grounds :)

And the possibility of seeing us win :o

Don't count on it. We thought the same when we were relegated from the Premiership in 2003/04 - look how that's turned out.

Three more points needlessly tossed away.

Although the match officials were dire today and cocked up badly for both Norwich goals, ultimately it was the players' mistakes that proved our undoing.

Kenton had an inspired half-hour before getting injured, but once he went off our defence looked very nervous.

And the jitters spread to the rest of the side as we wasted several chances to settle the game before the visitors scored.

We had NO inspiration or leadership anywhere on the field and badly missed the suspended Tiatto (yep, we were THAT bad..)

Can't see us getting anything off the brummies or Preston so the last two games will be critical.

But we have beaten Barnsley and Wolves already this season so survival is still possible.

Yes I have.

His greediness could've cost us the game in my opinion - if we went 2-0 up who knows what would've happened. We would have grown in confidence and may have won the game.

People are taken in by his work ethic and the fact that he works his socks off. I really couldn't give a toss about that if he goes and does things like this. Complete fool :mad:

His greediness probably did cost us the game. I'm sure Fryatt would of put that in for 2-0 and how different could things of bin if it was 2-0. Norwich were lookin poor at this time and this could of maybe put the game beyond them but we let them back in and we paid the price.

Can anyone remind me why I'm angry that I have been banned from watching us?? This is absolutely miserable. I bet all of the people who thought we were safe when I was saying otherwise are feeling very scared now.

Can anyone remind me why I'm angry that I have been banned from watching us?? This is absolutely miserable. I bet all of the people who thought we were safe when I was saying otherwise are feeling very scared now.

because you missed the banter between the two fans and us singing with L1.

Just got to the stage where I can post my views- I was so upset after yesterday I caned it back to Northampton at God onlyknows what speed. It was a good job I was out on the lash last night because I don't know how I'd have coped otherwise. Only now can I rationalise things without completely going into one.

I'm finally glad that Nige has said the one thing thats been obvious from the start of the season- the players are not fit enough, simple as. I hope he bans them from going out drinking till the end of the season, because what happens in the next four games is vitally important for the future of this club. Make no mistake, relegation to League One would be disasterous.

Whilst I'm on the subject of our potential relegation (and I do not deny that it could happen) can we stop with all this self-indulgent defeatest bullshit? We're not doomed and we're not certain to go down and we're not shit. We are having a bad run of results but our players are by far not the worst in this division. We have the players (with the possible exception of areas of the midfield) to do a good enough job to keep us up. It's clear now that in at least some respects they were badly managed and coached by the previous regime.

In the first half yesterday we were pretty good, playing some excellent stuff- Nige clearly has them playing for him. It was good to see Weso back somewhere near where we thought he could be. I don't want to heap too much pressure on him but the lad really could save our season if he can start getting forward a bit more as well. Second half we fell apart. Partly due to inexperience and quite evidently partly due to fitness. Nige said it himself- its blatantly clear why we concede so many second half goals.

Positives for yesterday had to be Weso, who I thought was immense and also Kenton. Its a shame he got injured because I'd really like him back at right-back because I think he's more useful there then either Stearman or Maybury. Logan made a few good saves but I found him a bit flat footed at times. Did think Fryatt's substitution was justified as he wasn't really in it second half and I think Nige wanted someone who could just hold the ball up and calm things down- obviously he didn't realise how un-match fit The Horse is (and probably why he's recalled Cader's which btw I think is a good move). Mattock did OK I think, and we may need him now because its clear that McAuley's not really ready to come back so Skills will need to move to the middle.

So I'm pretty down right now, we're in some real danger- and I think we may need 2 wins from these four games given Barnsley and Leeds' current form- but I saw enough in the first half to think that there is a glimmer of light for us. And now I feel the need to use some words that probably haven't been said in a long time.

KEEP THE FAITH.

Whilst I'm on the subject of our potential relegation (and I do not deny that it could happen) can we stop with all this self-indulgent defeatest bullshit? We're not doomed and we're not certain to go down and we're not shit. We are having a bad run of results but our players are by far not the worst in this division. We have the players (with the possible exception of areas of the midfield) to do a good enough job to keep us up. It's clear now that in at least some respects they were badly managed and coached by the previous regime.

Fitness takes a long time to give results...but by wolves we'll have a fit team. For the rest, perfect...

Archived