Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Free Falling Foxes

fitness levels

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere but Mr Worthington is concerned about our fitness levels.

He was on 5Live this morning. His interview is about 30 odd minutes into the show if you wish to listen.

Whilst we may agree it's one of our (many) problems - I wonder if he's getting his excuses ready?

FFF

Yeah I read it as well, Fair enough its getting to the end of a long season, I understand prehaps there getting abit tired, but surly they should be fairly fit they have been training all season, they are (so-called, I've seen nothing to prove it though :whistle:) professionals who train everyday they have no excuse for being unfit.

The whole playing team is a joke.

Rob kelly obviously didn't make the players train hard enough. I've noticed it aswell, the players are so slow and get tired too easily. What was kelly going on about, the players will be doubling there efforts in training? The old regime wern't tough enough

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere but Mr Worthington is concerned about our fitness levels.

...I wonder if he's getting his excuses ready?

Good "honest" interview.

It's what we've all been saying all season, they simply haven't got it in them unless they are running on raw adrenaline against a local rival or in a Cup game. :sad-smilie-nodding-in-a-depressed manner:

...but, of course, Kelly was a simply wonderful coach wasn't he FoxesTalk posters! :rolleyes::whistle:

Good "honest" interview.

It's what we've all been saying all season, they simply haven't got it in them unless they are running on raw adrenaline against a local rival or in a Cup game. :sad-smilie-nodding-in-a-depressed manner:

...but, of course, Kelly was a simply wonderful coach wasn't he FoxesTalk posters! :rolleyes::whistle:

And a really nice guy!!! :thumbup::rolleyes:

Good "honest" interview.

Stop picking on them Dave, otherwise you'll get tarred with the same brush as TPH :|

Several things concern me about his comments though.

As I said, he could be getting his excuses ready, but more concerning is what can you do about it this late into the season especially with Tuesdays game against Brum coming-up fast? Also, other coaches hearing this, just need to instruct their team to pass it around as much as poss', ware-us-out chasing about and we'll be there for the taking in the second half. :rolleyes:

FFF

every leicester fan or other football fans in general who have watched leicester can tell that half the team isn't fit. we all new that by the end of the luton game at the start of the season

Several things concern me about his comments though.

As I said, he could be getting his excuses ready, but more concerning is what can you do about it this late into the season especially with Tuesdays game against Brum coming-up fast? Also, other coaches hearing this, just need to instruct their team to pass it around as much as poss', ware-us-out chasing about and we'll be there for the taking in the second half. :rolleyes:

FFF

Anyone who scouted us even once knows the following

1) We're really unfit

2) We're really sh it.

I don't think they need to tell their players... 'erm, well, let's try to beat them eh?'

Walkers Stadium - 3 points on a plate whilst hardly breaking a sweat. That's what I like about this relegation drive, it isn't a drive at all, it's a casual saunter. There is no panic. There will be none. We will go down with quiet acceptance of our fate.

It's not right... but it's different. I'll give them that.

It's not a season-fatigue thing, they've all been unfit all year.

Pre-season must have been a complete joke.

Kelly and Stowell were complete jokers and it's taken most of you this long to see it. Most of you deserve this.

Lots of people on here realised after game one how unfit we were - and Fryatt's lack of fitness was remarked on specifically.

Even when posters have called for people to play while still not fully match fit I think it been more a measure of the desperation they feel rather than not recognising the players' fitness limitations.

Most fans probably feel our professional staff are best qualified to judge whether players are fit to do their job or not. But I'd imagine a good many think differently now after the examples of this season.

The academy side seem to be doing okay, so presumably they are all fit, so someone at the cllub must konw what they are doing. Or is Championship fit a different level of fit?

I don't want to sound like i'm making excuses for RK but a player should (especially if they are playing week in week out) be able to maintain a level of fitness without having his hand held by the manager.

At some point the players need to take some responsibilty for the psotion they are in, as well as RK. Motivation at the club must be absolutly shocking.

I think the chant from now on in should

"We're shit, but lets hope Leeds/Southend/Barnslet/Hull are too"

The academy side seem to be doing okay, so presumably they are all fit, so someone at the cllub must konw what they are doing. Or is Championship fit a different level of fit?

I don't want to sound like i'm making excuses for RK but a player should (especially if they are playing week in week out) be able to maintain a level of fitness without having his hand held by the manager.

Not sure about that mate surely the training techniques are down to the manager and the coaches and they have to instil the fitness into the players

It needs a close season to sort it out.

If Ince is coming in, I imagine he'll sort it out.

Having said that, most of this shower will be off anyway, I hope.

Ince will be like a good many successful professionals - he won't understand or accept any aspiring team member presenting himself as less than fully fit for a game.

Fitness is the basis for anything else that follows in football and Leicester are in serious danger of proving that.

Ince will be like a good many successful professionals - he won't understand or accept any aspiring team member presenting himself as less than fully fit for a game.

Fitness is the basis for anything else that follows in football and Leicester are in serious danger of proving that.

Do you know what?

We've just found some common ground. Perhaps we can start building some bridges.

Now - repeat after me.

Elvis Hammond is sh it.

Not sure about that mate surely the training techniques are down to the manager and the coaches and they have to instil the fitness into the players

If so then why is the academy team fit and not the first team, surely the training methods are similar? I do think this was a massive problem but i'm not going to say it is all RK fault.

To suggest a lack of fitness as a major cause of City's problems is just clutching at straws. You can be the fittest player on the planet but without that 10 yards in your heart it is all useless. Similarly, a lack of confidence and belief and tension makes players freeze - creating the illusion of being unfit. The simple fact is that the players are out of their depth.

Archived